Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 27th, 2007, 11:36 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
MI 'Scapeday Tourny - Results Posted

NATIONAL HEROSCAPE DAY TOURNAMENT!!!

The next Tournament will be on Saturday, October 20th. Set-up will begin at 11:00 and play will start as close to 12:00 noon as possible. If you register and then find that you cannot make it, then let me know ASAP. Our goal is to get 16-32 people to come. Bring your friends, wives, family, etc.

Fun 4 All Comics and Games
2742 Washtenaw Ave.
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
Yahoo! Map

Let me know if you are off the list and need to be on or if you are on the list and need to be off. Also please let me know if you will be bringing any other players who are not members of the board. Thanks!

Registered Players (16+)
  • Damja (+1?)
  • TheMainMan
  • haleon (99%)
  • waycoolsuperdude (+1?)
  • redic_rogue_07 (+1)
  • SquirrelKing +1 subject
  • Troy Spiral
  • hunhee
  • Aeternius_exsul (Steve)
  • phrost +1 (maybe more)
  • Draconious
  • MI Tiger & son(if he does his homework - GET BUSY KID!!! )
  • Pikachu
  • Gramma Ellie??

Maybes
  • bad calvin
  • Xaqery & sons
  • Mini Art of War Guys (Geoff, Glenn)
  • Kepler & sons
  • KevHead
  • Matt from GR

Negatories
  • ZBeeblebrox (stupid extended family doesn't recognize International 'Scape day as a major holiday)
  • Agent X-127
  • maverickman5
  • Mardone
  • monte_kev
  • moorific (stupid school band)
There have been rumors of a really cool surprize. I can neither confirm nor deny any of them. (CONFIRMED)

Tourney Rules

Entry fee
$10 for everyone.

If you want to bring something to donate as a prize pm me and I will add it to the list. If there are financial circumstances and would rather donate prizes only you may also pm me and arrangements can be made.

Format
This is a 500 point-constructed tournament. Armies may contain up to 24 hexes in figures, but some of the maps may have larger starting zones. MARVEL FIGURES ARE NOT ALLOWED!!! Bring your figures, your cards, dice, order markers, and wound markers.

Scoring
  • We will follow the Swiss format designed by several active members of the HS community, including yours truly. We will use fractional points for squads and full points for live heros. All fractions will be truncated (rounded down). There is a scoresheet that is apparently in the works to help make the scoring and ranking of the players easy. Here are some basics:

Filling in your results

Once seated at a table with an opponent players will need to fill in the name of the opponent in the space marked with the number of the current round. Once a game is over players place a check mark in the box marked Win if they won and Loss if they lost. If a player loses a game he must also write in the number of points of his opponent’s army that he destroyed in that game in the spot titled Losing Points. If this is not the players first loss he will add his Losing points to the previous losing points total so that his sum of losing points is obvious.

Each time a player is paired with another and a game is played repeat the above process, so that at the end of the tourney you should have a clear understanding of:

Your W/L ratio
    Your total of Losing Points
    A list of all the players you played

After The last game of the tourney, locate the players whom you played and add up all of their wins. Place these wins in your SoS box and turn your card in to the TD.

Final Results:

The TD organizes the cards first by W/L. Any players with the same W/L are then ranked by SoS points with the higher SoS points getting ranked higher. If there are still any ties, then the player with the higher amount of Losing Points will be ranked higher. If by some random freak occurance there are still any ties to be broken, roll a D20 with the higher roller being ranked higher.

Maps

Finalized Maps
These maps are those that will be used for our event. We will be using the following glyphs: Wound, Lucky d20, Initiative +8, Healing, Trap, Brandar x2 (no effect).

Death Pools by Draconious (click for build plans)

Swog Bog by Velenne

Broken Skyline by LongHeroscaper

Ruins of Pinetree Marsh by Rÿchean

Ember Canyon Road by Homba

Prizes
  • The rumors were true - 3 brand new Swarm of the Marro provided by Hasbro
    $50 HouseMouseGames gift certificate.
    Various door prizes.
    Your name on The Michigan Championship Trophy.
    In store Credit to Fun 4 All Comics and Games
    Free entry into a future tournament (details in the works).
    A Master Win Chiu Woo with card autographed by the ENTIRE Heroscape design Team.
    :banana: Custom stuff by redic_rogue

Prizes could also be awarded for the youngest participant, the oldest participant, the best "themed" army (voted on by the participants), "most fun" (voted) and the participant who travelled the farthest to 'Scape with us.

Set Up
I will need some help setting up maps and will need some people to bring in terrain. Let me know if you can help with this.

That's it for now. More to come!

View Our Sponsor Pages!

HouseMouseGames.com

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:25 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Maybe, if I can get this old van running!
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:53 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
If this is going to be a BIGGER tourny... then I would like to see some set rules before it starts. I was not too happy the way the last one ended with only 3 games being part of the tournament, the last game was fun and all but I drove down there and paid to play 5 tournament games. I would like to see 5 games be MANDATORY regardless if you are winning already or not... and I dont want to hear some one say I win now, because I have to leave in less than an hour, and then wind up staying there 2 or 3 more hours after he gets the prize... :P Not mad...but I would be if this was reoccuring.

I recomend the 2nd round, be a second chance type of match... Were all players are divided up by winners and losers of the first match. And a random card from the winner and one from the loser pile plays each other. You may have slaughtered, or gotten slaughted by, the first guy but this other guy will be different. This will give an extra match before there are people saying "they are winning so lets end it now". It also may be a good idea to keep the scores private until the last match is over to help avoid this...
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
If this is going to be a BIGGER tourny... then I would like to see some set rules before it starts. I was not too happy the way the last one ended with only 3 games being part of the tournament, the last game was fun and all but I drove down there and paid to play 5 tournament games. I would like to see 5 games be MANDATORY regardless if you are winning already or not... and I dont want to hear some one say I win now, because I have to leave in less than an hour, and then wind up staying there 2 or 3 more hours after he gets the prize... :P Not mad...but I would be if this was reoccuring.

I recomend the 2nd round, be a second chance type of match... Were all players are divided up by winners and losers of the first match. And a random card from the winner and one from the loser pile plays each other. You may have slaughtered, or gotten slaughted by, the first guy but this other guy will be different. This will give an extra match before there are people saying "they are winning so lets end it now". It also may be a good idea to keep the scores private until the last match is over to help avoid this...
The number rounds is determined by the number of participants. If we only have 8 people there will be 3 rounds although I highly doubt this will be the case. There is plenty of time to get the word out. The guys from Grand Rapids should make it this time which would put us at 11 and hopefully Russell and Grandma Ellie can make it as well. I am also going to recruit from the Ohio players and have already sent word to Truth and he has said he would be interested.

You can commit whenever you want, but there is no guarantee about how many rounds there will be until the tournament starts.

in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old August 28th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Damja, thanks again for inviting us but I dont think we can make it, we were planning on heading to a closer one in Canton Ohio that weekend, that Hendal puts on once a year. I do want to make it up again, it was a really cool place and you guys were all great.

Jesse just started college so I dont know what his availability will be anyhow.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old August 30th, 2007, 10:38 PM

Just so you all know, I won't be very active on the boards for the next month or so. I will keep updating as much as possible, but if I don't get back to you for a few days don't get upset.

in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:48 AM

PIKACHU has disabled reputation
Interesting, very interesting. I think YGO regionals is that day, although i think i am already quaified for Nationals from august. We'll see though. If i did go i think i know who would win the oldest player award ^_^. 500pt armies swiss style, sounds like fun to me.

-PIKACHU-

Old September 4th, 2007, 11:45 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

I finally made my stuff portable... so I will be bringing it all this time... so let me know what maps I need to make. Hopefully I can make one of the few tourney maps I designed?

I have 2 SotM, 2 RotV, 2 Forest, 2 Castles (-1 door), and every figure but wave 7 with duplicute commons in this thing.
Old September 5th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious

Don't beat around the bush Ron, what are you trying to say?

That last torney was not Damja's fault. He had stated it was going to be run one way, and then we bombarded him with posts saying it should be done like the Gen Con tourney which made it a Swiss style championship. In a Swiss style tourney, the winner plays the winners. I happened to have one all three games and the three people I beat all had only one loss to me. That leaves everyone else with two lossesor more. With only 8 people, there was no other way to do it. I thought turning it into teams of two was a fun idea and I thought everyone had fun. Sorry to see you didn't like the outcome. Had we been doing it like Damja's normal tourney's where you get a number of skulls or points, we could have kept going, but by doing it with stricktly a win loss record, it was not logical. Again, not Damja's fault, it was what was voted on.

As for the next tourney, I am in, but I too would like to know exactly what we are doing. Nothing wrong with bye's. We had them in the first tourney.

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:46 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
I thought the ruling made sense. Even if we had played 2 more games, the outcome would have been the same. I say congrats to the winner and let's get ready to rumble in October!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:30 PM

Need to get more people. haleon and I talked about if it is only going to be a few of us, making a trip down to the Canton, OH tourney and meeting up with the Ohio guys and the Pittsburgh folk.

in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:57 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
That may leave me out, but I undrstand. Heroscape Day should be big.

BTW are you guys getting together for some casual heroscape on Sept. 30?

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events