Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old June 26th, 2013, 05:20 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Holocron of Death Star Troopers

The Holocron of Death Star Troopers

HoSS Master Set - A New Hope

The figure used for this unit is a Star Wars figure from the Force Unleashed set. Its model number and name are #37/Imperial Navy Trooper.
The figure used for this unit is a Star Wars figure from the Alliance & Empire set. Its model number and name are #27/Death Star Trooper.

Character Bio - As the Death Star came closer to completion, Grand Moff Tarkin sought the need to create a specially trained fighting force which were taken from the best of the Imperial Navy troopers. Once their training was complete, the new Death Star troopers became multi-talented individuals who fulfilled a wide variety of roles which included both combat and non-combat positions throughout the battle stations. This included training that taught them skills in advanced combat as well as independent command training.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
• Q: What about Wall walks? They are 'man-made' and are in a few of your maps (The Tantive IV and the Death Star Throne Room for example) so why aren't they listed?
A: Wall walks are considered Road tiles for all purposes during a game. So Imperial Navy Training will count on Wall walks just like Road tiles.

• Q: So Imperial Navy Training isn't affected by Imperial Marksmanship, right, since it's adding hits instead of adding skulls?

A: Correct, as Imperial Navy Training counts blanks as hits and Imperial Marksmanship counts skulls as double.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:
Classic:
MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Attack Enhancement & Soldier Leadership
As soldiers, Death Star Troopers may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT attack bonus and SOLDIER LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

HoSS:
ADMIRAL OZZEL : Surprise Attack
Being a Common Squad that follows the Galactic Empire, Death Star Troopers may benefit from Admiral Ozzel's SURPRISE ATTACK special power.

GENERAL VEERS : Ground Tactics Expert
Being a Common Squad that follows the Galactic Empire, Death Star Troopers may benefit from General Veer's GROUND TACTICS EXPERT special power.

GRAND MOFF TARKIN : Imperial Deployment
Being figures that follows the Galactic Empire, Death Star Troopers may benefit from Grand Moff Tarkin's IMPERIAL DEPLOYMENT special power.

HEAVY STORMTROOPER: Imperial Heavy Support
Being a Common Squad of Soldiers that follow the Galactic Empire, Death Star Troopers may benefit from Heavy Stormtrooper's IMPERIAL HEAVY SUPPORT special power.

IMPERIAL OFFICER : Imperial Command & We're Sending A Squad Up
Being Common Squad figures with a range of four or more that follow the Galactic Empire, Death Star Troopers may benefit from an Imperial Officer's IMPERIAL COMMAND and WE'RE SENDING A SQUAD UP special powers.

C3V, SoV & Marvel:
• N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered:
Classic:
• N/A

HoSS:
E-WEB TROOPER : E-Web Special Attack
Being a Human squad figure, the Death Star Troopers may aid the E-Web Trooper with his E-WEB SPECIAL ATTACK.

C3V, SoV & Marvel:
• N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA

-Power Rankings-
B- - These guys serve a semi-niche roll and like all terrain based units, they suffer when they are not on the optimum map. Add that to the fact that they cost the same per figure as the Stormtroopers, and they will easily fall behind their white armored comrades.

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
• First playtest: Porkins
• Second playtest: IstariofSmoke
• Third playtest: Balantai
• Fourth playtest: Fi Skirata
• Art by: mac122

Last edited by mac122; May 5th, 2019 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Updated synergies
Old June 26th, 2013, 09:30 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Holocron of Death Star Troopers *

Death Star Troopers
Galactic Empire

Human
Common Squad (3 figures)
Soldiers
Precise
Medium 5

Life 1
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 1
Defense 2
Points 60

IMPERIAL MARKSMANSHIP
When a Death Star Trooper attacks a Squad figure, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

IMPERIAL NAVY TRAINING
When attacking with a Death Star Trooper, if he is on an Asphalt, Concrete or Road space, each blank rolled counts for one additional hit.
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:47 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: The Holocron of Death Star Troopers

VERY NICE!
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

So Imperial Navy Training isn't affected by Imperial Marksmanship, right, since it's adding hits instead of adding skulls?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:56 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
So Imperial Navy Training isn't affected by Imperial Marksmanship, right, since it's adding hits instead of adding skulls?
Exactly!
Old July 2nd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Very good idea to get these to height advantage right away. Rolling 2 attack dice, you're only going to completely whiff an attack by rolling 2 shields 11% of the time, and the defender will be going up against at least 2 skulls 78% of the time.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 2nd, 2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Very good idea to get these to height advantage right away. Rolling 2 attack dice, you're only going to completely whiff an attack by rolling 2 shields 11% of the time, and the defender will be going up against at least 2 skulls 78% of the time.
Thanks for the stats Sir G! Looks like:

220 Darth Vader
320 MDG
500 Death Star Troopers x3

On a road/castle/marvel map would be devastating.

~HS2010, mixing Classic with HoSS.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

In a counterdraft I think I prefer the Stormtroopers. In a double blind I would take the Stormtroopers along a strong anti-Hero (Darth Vader, anyone?) but would probably prefer the Death Star Troopers in general for their versatility.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:31 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
So Imperial Navy Training isn't affected by Imperial Marksmanship, right, since it's adding hits instead of adding skulls
It would be worthwhile to add this information to the FAQ as I had the same question (i.e. When a Death Star Trooper uses Imperial Navy Training, does the blank rolled count as a skull for 2 hits or as a single hit?).
While I did play it correctly, I think this is the first time I've seen this mechanism used and likely others will have the same question.
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:55 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
Quote:
So Imperial Navy Training isn't affected by Imperial Marksmanship, right, since it's adding hits instead of adding skulls
It would be worthwhile to add this information to the FAQ as I had the same question (i.e. When a Death Star Trooper uses Imperial Navy Training, does the blank rolled count as a skull for 2 hits or as a single hit?).
While I did play it correctly, I think this is the first time I've seen this mechanism used and likely others will have the same question.
Done and done!
Old December 16th, 2013, 06:52 PM

JohnBrick Woo who?

IMPERIAL MARKSMANSHIP
When a Death Star Trooper attacks a Squad figure, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit. [/QUOTE]

Imperial marksmanship is an oxymoron
Old December 16th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBrick View Post
IMPERIAL MARKSMANSHIP
When a Death Star Trooper attacks a Squad figure, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.
Imperial marksmanship is an oxymoron[/quote]
Only when attacking the stars of the movies. Put them up against Rebel troops or Jawas, and they go to town.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape