Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 4th, 2010, 10:48 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
GenCon 2010 - GMs and Volunteers: Attention Game Masters!!

ATTENTION GAME MASTERS: The GM badges are set for individual pick up. Just go to the GM booth in the row of booths, (it was the last one in 2009) and present ID to get your GM badge. Contact me (I will pm cell soon) if there is any problems.

--

Each year we run Hersocape events at GenCon. This will be the 5th year in a row. However, none of it can happen without volunteers to help set up and tear down and run the events. Things will be a little more chaotic and challenging this year since we are going back to running the events on our own. We are running Summoner Wars events too. Grungebob will run lead on Summoner Wars and I will run lead on HS.

I have already given repeat Game Masters first dibs on the Game Master schedule/slots. I still have some slots that need filling. A Game Master will receive a Game Master Badge (and reimbursement for your regular badge if you already purchased one) and a GameMaster T shirt. I will try to have other forms of compensation as well but that is the just of it. Hotel assistance is not available based on the compensation model I am setting up with GenCon.

Here is the Game Master List:

Thursday at 10:00AM to 03:00PM - R˙chean (lead HS)
Thursday at 03:00PM to 08:00PM - ChaosChild
Thursday at 03:00PM to 08:00PM - Grungebob (lead SW)
Thursday at 03:00PM to 08:00PM - Revdyer
Friday at 10:00AM to 03:00PM - Retlaw
Friday at 10:00AM to 03:00PM - stay_golden_PONYBOY
Friday at 03:00PM to 08:00PM - Grungebob (lead SW)
Friday at 03:00PM to 08:00PM - Revdyer
Friday at 03:00PM to 08:00PM - allskulls
Saturday at 10:00AM to 03:00PM - Jim
Saturday at 10:00AM to 03:00PM - - CornPuff
Saturday at 03:00PM to 08:00PM - R˙chean (lead HS)
Saturday at 03:00PM to 08:00PM - Damja
Saturday at 03:00PM to 08:00PM - Grungebob (lead SW)
Sunday at 10:00AM to 03:00PM - ChaosChild
Sunday at 10:00AM to 03:00PM - stubobj

For Set Up and Tear Down, I cannot offer the same deal that the GameMasters get but I will try to have something for you guys. Set up will start sometime Wednesday afternoon/evening. I have to limit the Set Up volunteers since it is before the Con opens. I can't have an unspecified amount of people for Set Up. Tear Down starts at 1pm Sunday afternoon. More info in the next post.

I know some of you have offered your services in other threads, but I cannot recall them all. Please sign up and help us out. Thank you!!!

Set Up is full:

1. R˙chean
2. Grungebob
3. Retlaw
4. Hendal
5. Cavalier
6. lonewolf
7. Scaper_Dude
8. southwest ninja
9. ChaosChild
10. Revdyer
11. jdtenor
12. Djnair
13. Worseley
14. Kyrie
15. Gulp

Tear Down:

1. R˙chean
2. Grunbeob
3. Retlaw
4. Cavalier
5. Lilnewbie
6. lonewolf
7. Scaper_Dude
8. Hendal
9. stubobj
10. southwest ninja
12. Brownsfan42
13. The Whisper
14. Worseley
15. Kyrie
16. Vminer

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Grungebob; March 28th, 2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: updates
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:51 AM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon 2010 - Volunteers and GameMasters Needed - Sign u

Game Masters - Game Masters have to have a good working knowledge of the rules of Heroscape and Summoner Wars. Game Masters need to be up to date on the latest FAQs for both games. Game Masters need to be patient with good organizational skills and solid people skills. You represent Heroscapers and our events. There are always challenges and I need people who can keep their cool when the pressure is on. Game Master will work with tournament software, post results, work to keep events on time, answer questions for participants and onlookers, promote the games & the community, hand out prizes, set up for next shift, etc..

Set Up Volunteers Wednesday afternoon/evening - For Set Up, the primary focus is building maps. The more efficient you are at following build instructions and making maps, the more I want you at Set Up. Beggers (me) cannot be choosers but at the same time, I need people who are quick with board building. The quicker we get set up, the quicker we get out and start enjoying our Con. I ask that set up volunteers familiarize themselves with some of the maps ahead of time. (once I post them) Also, patience and flexibility is a must since we are not 100% sure what time they will let us in to set up. It will be hot as the convention isn’t full bore AC on Wednesday. We don’t want to spend any more time in there than we have to.

Tear Down Volunteers - Sunday afternoon - I’ll take as many as I can get for Tear Down. Tear Down volunteers need to have a good grasp of the terrain that comes in each set and preferably familiar with concept of bricking terrain for storage. Tear Down is much easier and almost any one can be put to use doing something. The quicker we pack it all up, the quicker we are on our way after the Con.

Last edited by R˙chean; May 4th, 2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I suppose we can't tentatively sign up? I'd be willing to help out Sat morning unless I make day 2 of the main event.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Ry, put me down for setup and tear down.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I suppose we can't tentatively sign up? I'd be willing to help out Sat morning unless I make day 2 of the main event.
Right, I can't take tentative. You have to be able to cover that shift. I cannot take Maybes for Game Master slots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post

Thank you, sir!

Last edited by R˙chean; May 4th, 2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll be there for setup and tear down.

Newb.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:54 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Cav's with me, so I am in for setup and tear down as well. Put Scaper_Dude in for both as well.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:57 AM

Thanks lonewolf and Lilnewbie.

Last edited by R˙chean; May 4th, 2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hendal will be there for set up and tear down - it was fun last year, looking forward to it again. Thanks

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:26 PM

Yeah, I had you down for set up. I wasn't sure about tear down, though. Now I have you there as well. Thanks TOM!

Old May 4th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No worries, I have mad map making skills, will have set up all the boards at least once or twice, and I bring Costa Rican Snacks and chocolate with me - It will be like a PreCon Party or something,lol!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:41 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My schedule is completely open for Sunday. You can count on me for tear down or anything else you could use me for.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con