Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 8th, 2007, 04:11 PM

Dictatorbilbo is surprisingly tart
DictatorBilbo's Marvel Customs -NEW- Butlers

Hello! I've been blown out of my socks by all of the amazing customs here, so I thought I'd try my hand at making my own. Now, please be a bit patient, as I haven't played too many marvel games, so I don't quite have a feel for the game's balance yet.

Any commentary will be venerated!

NEW! What would Batman and the Avengers be without their faithful Butlers? I'm pretty happy with Alfred, through I think that Jarvis is kind of iffy... Does anyone have any ideas?

Here's my first Marvel Custom; Aunt May!

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
That's great! I knew I left off an important color when I made my card templates - pink!

I like the "Defy Death" power, nice jab at her retcon. Although, maybe you should name it something more along those lines. "Retconned Death" ?

I actually think she may be worth more than 20 points, though.
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
That was pretty funny I must say.
Now, has she been thoroughly playtested? You gonna submit her to TNT?
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
That's great! I knew I left off an important color when I made my card templates - pink!

I like the "Defy Death" power, nice jab at her retcon. Although, maybe you should name it something more along those lines. "Retconned Death" ?

I actually think she may be worth more than 20 points, though.
Thank you! Hmm... I don't know about her cost yet... She seems pretty frail, and only has a small chance of doing any damage. I'd have to test her more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus
That was pretty funny I must say.
Now, has she been thoroughly playtested? You gonna submit her to TNT?
1) Thanks!
2) No, I've only played two games with her so far. So far her cost looks to be about right, but it's hard to tell.
3) Can I? Is there a screening process or anything?

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
Well you can, I was actually being sarcastic about the testing her thing, I figured she was mostly a prank character, something to help you test you skills.
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
I don't think she has to be a prank character. Even though her stats are weak, she can deliver an unblockable wound 15% of the time and 20% of the time against Marvel heroes. Against Spider-Man, an unblockable wound 25% time is pretty good. I'm assuming this bypasses his Spider-Sense since it says "unblockable".
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:26 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
*chants* TNT, TNT, TNT

And awesome card Bilbo. Only suggestion is capatalize all of the words in the left bo, not just civilian.

Old August 9th, 2007, 02:21 PM

Updated with both Butlers.

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I could see Aunt May being worth 30 - especially since she has a ranged attack and the defy death ability to counteract her fraility.
I like the Butlers (and the picture you chose for Alfred especially). This isn't something I would've gotten around to doing for a long, long, long time, so I'm glad someone else did it. I'm just not sure Alfred's powers are quite representational enough for everything he is to the Bat mythos. No doubt, the man's held his share of shotguns, but it seems like there should be something more - maybe some sort of Vigilante Field Medic type of power where he can heal them, or some sort of Vigilante Inspiration where he adds to move/attack/whatever - maybe a spirit that adds to their D20 rolls and works like the Viking Spirits? Maybe a limited detective ability (since he's a bit of an amateur sleuth) that lets him peek at an order marker after a high enough D20 roll? I don't think he should have a whole slew of powers - just one more to go along with the Shotgun special that gives him a bit more thematic flavor.
Hmm ... you know, this is inspiring me to put together that Lois Lane I made some powers for.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 9th, 2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I could see Aunt May being worth 30 - especially since she has a ranged attack and the defy death ability to counteract her fraility.
True, true... I'll do that! Thanks!
Quote:
I like the Butlers (and the picture you chose for Alfred especially). This isn't something I would've gotten around to doing for a long, long, long time, so I'm glad someone else did it. I'm just not sure Alfred's powers are quite representational enough for everything he is to the Bat mythos. No doubt, the man's held his share of shotguns, but it seems like there should be something more - maybe some sort of Vigilante Field Medic type of power where he can heal them, or some sort of Vigilante Inspiration where he adds to move/attack/whatever - maybe a spirit that adds to their D20 rolls and works like the Viking Spirits? Maybe a limited detective ability (since he's a bit of an amateur sleuth) that lets him peek at an order marker after a high enough D20 roll? I don't think he should have a whole slew of powers - just one more to go along with the Shotgun special that gives him a bit more thematic flavor.
Hmm ... you know, this is inspiring me to put together that Lois Lane I made some powers for.
Ooh! I like that ability! I'll add that in!

I'd like to see Lois when your done! I think I'm going to solely make filler characters; For some reason I like the idea of a swarm of supporting characters trying to take down the Hulk.

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Since my own thread is a bit ... well ... overflowing (to say the least :P ) what would you think of my posting Lois here? I definitely don't want to tread on your territory, so to speak, but I thought it might be fun to put her up by some other more peripheral characters, like what you're doing. She doesn't really fit into my hero/villian based DC "expansions".

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 9th, 2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Since my own thread is a bit ... well ... overflowing (to say the least :P ) what would you think of my posting Lois here? I definitely don't want to tread on your territory, so to speak, but I thought it might be fun to put her up by some other more peripheral characters, like what you're doing. She doesn't really fit into my hero/villian based DC "expansions".
That would be perfectly fine! In fact, you've just given me an idea. Go ahead.

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations