Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 26th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Final Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I can go either way here. If Strange didn't already have it I'd say leave it off, but since Strange has it and they have similar training backgrounds is seems a bit weird that he wouldn't have it. They are both just humans after all with the SS protections coming from their magical abilities.
This is where I'm at. Honestly, I'm not nuts about the decision to put SS on Strange, and it'd be an easy "no" if Strange didn't have it. I can see it either way, though, because you could leave it off to emphasize that he's sort of a 'subtle magic' guy, or put it on to play him up as a Strange mirror. Happy to default to LD's choice.
Old May 27th, 2017, 01:42 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Final Editing

They've been updated so you should be good to call for a vote.
Old May 27th, 2017, 04:35 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for On Deck

I propose Baron Karl Amadeus Mordo for On Deck!

@Tornado - Yea
@johnny139 -
@Viegon - Yea
@Yodaking - Yea
@japes - Yea
@TrollBrute - Yea

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 27th, 2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old May 27th, 2017, 04:46 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

If I may, Strange has Superstrength because the major advantage of SS is reduced damage when Falling. Due to his Cloak of Levitation, Strange has a greater chance to avoid this than the average magicuser (hence why many don't have it.) I am very confident that Mordo does not have a similar cloak and should not have the similar benefits.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old May 27th, 2017, 04:54 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
If I may, Strange has Superstrength because the major advantage of SS is reduced damage when Falling. Due to his Cloak of Levitation, Strange has a greater chance to avoid this than the average magicuser (hence why many don't have it.) I am very confident that Mordo does not have a similar cloak and should not have the similar benefits.
Why the hell would that matter? Strange has Flying, falling damage isn't a problem for him - SS comes from raw magical power here, and then there's the fact that Fate has it too and I put all three of them close together. Also, reduced falling damage isn't actually the primary SS benefit when using C3G optional rules - I'd say knockback and throwing DOs were much bigger deals most of the time.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 27th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old May 27th, 2017, 11:11 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm not arguing for or against here but please for the love of all that is good...stop using Doctor Strange as a reason for anything...he was the first MD figure created and it was early in the process I believe he was even designed before Knockback rules were created. Spidey may be correct that he was originally given SS due to falling and flying was overlooked or came later. We've all learned things since the early days so lets not keep using the "well X has it" as a reason to keep doing something.

Whether or not he deserves SS should be on the merits of his thematic ability alone and I am not an expert on him so I can't answer that.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 27th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I'm not arguing for or against here but please for the love of all that is good...stop using Doctor Strange as a reason for anything...he was the first MD figure created and it was early in the process I believe he was even designed before Knockback rules were created. Spidey may be correct that he was originally given SS due to falling and flying was overlooked or came later. We've all learned things since the early days so lets not keep using the "well X has it" as a reason to keep doing something.

Whether or not he deserves SS should be on the merits of his thematic ability alone and I am not an expert on him so I can't answer that.
Actually...

1) He was the third MD figure designed, it seems, just never tested with any others. If you compare the start-dates of his thread, Zatanna's and Scarlet Witch's, you'll see his comes last, and if you look through his thread, you'll see this comment from IAmBatman with regard to Superstrength:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
You've answered my concerns about what makes him different from Zatanna and Scarlet Witch - he's more powerful. yea.
2) Knockback rules have been a part of C3G as long as C3G has been a thing, getting released in the World's Finest Rulebook. Throwing rules were added in Fantastic Forces Unite, which was released prior to Avengers Arrive, the wave Doctor Strange was in.
3) Strange was given super strength on the same logical basis as Jean Grey and Magneto, if you read through the first couple of pages of his thread - though he may not actually be super strong, his powers allow him to do everything associated with it

Based on that, using Strange and Fate as a yardstick for Superstrength seems logical to me. He's not a terrible design, it's just that the implications he'd have to the growing MD faction weren't thought through.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 27th, 2017, 11:26 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
3) Strange was given super strength on the same logical basis as Jean Grey and Magneto, if you read through the first couple of pages of his thread - though he may not actually be super strong, his powers allow him to do everything associated with it
As I said...I'm not saying Mordo shouldn't have SS just that it's possible an older design had a mistake and we should use an old design as an excuse to perpetuate something.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 27th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Hard as ice

But it's been consistent C3G precedent that characters lacking actual super strength who can still simulate the effects should still get the power, and Strange and Mordo really are that powerful. If we really feel the need I can take it off, but I see no reason to.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 27th, 2017, 01:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old May 27th, 2017, 01:16 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
But it's been consistent C3G precedent that characters lacking actual super strength who can still simulate the effects should still get the power, and Strange and Mordo really are that powerful. If we really feel the need I can take it off, but I see no reason to.
I think you are missing my point...I'm not saying take it off. I don't have enough experience with him to know if it is justified or not in this case which is why I haven't voted one way or the other on this. I'm just saying that we can't use an old figure as the basis of our arguments (not just here but in general) If there is an error on some card, which with nearly 700 cards it is possible...we don't need to perpetuate that error.

On the C3G precedent...other than Telekinesis type figures (so they can throw objects) and Strange. What other characters are lacking actual super strength have the SS symbol.

As for Strange, you dismissed Spidey's cloak reasoning due to flying but flying can be negated by glyphs and at least one figures power that I know of so I still see @Spidey'tilIDie 's point being valid.

Still none of this matters in regards to Mordo. If the only argument is that Strange has it so Mordo does then there is room for argument.

If your argument however is similar to what bat's quote says about a different figure then that's different. If you think he's just more powerful than those other Magical figures then stick to that as your argument as that would be easier to defend.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library