Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old July 26th, 2017, 02:16 PM

Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Classic League IX: A Taste of Gen Con (Round 4 Until 7/3

@superfrog your PM box is full, PM me when you're free to play, please.
Old July 28th, 2017, 09:46 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Classic League IX: A Taste of Gen Con (Quarterfinals)

Congrats to kevindola (4-0) and Kinseth (3-1) for earning a bye and advancing to the semifinals.

Quarterfinals are on Platypus (Valda/Dagmar)
The player who won the diceoff may choose first pick or defer. The player who lost the diceoff will choose who places first.

Recall the picking system is 1-2-1-1-1. Whomever chooses first gets 1 of the 6 pods. Then second pick gets 2 picks, then alternating from there.

vegietarian18 (3-1) v. Dysole (3-1)
vegietarian18 won the diceoff and may select first or defer. Dysole chooses who places first

super Heroes
* : Venom
* : Spider-Man
* : Eltahale

Undead on Arrival vs. Elf Aware Robot vs. Cowboy and Aliens
* : Phantom Knights x2, Marcu Esenwein
* : Warriors of Ashra x2, Zetacron
* : Marro Stingers x2, Guilty McCreech
dok (3-1) v. Sir Heroscape (3-1)
Sir Heroscape won the diceoff and may select first or defer. dok chooses who places first

Kyntela is the key
* : Phantom Knights x2
* : Horned Skull Brutes x2, Otonashi
* : Mohican River Tribe x2, Marcu Esenwein

”Jeepers Mister you’re strong”
* : deathreavers x1, Fen Hydra
* : Phantom Knights x2
* : Shurrak
Old August 2nd, 2017, 10:13 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Also, here are a couple of extra matchups for those who requested it:

@Chris Perkins
@Ericth74
@Dr.Goomonkey
@Scaperedude
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 3rd, 2017, 12:51 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I was able to get another pretty crazy win over Dysole. I had Stingers x2, Guilty, Warriors of Ashra x2, Zetacron, and Eltahale, Dysole had Phantoms x2, Marcu, SpiderMan, Venom. Dysole opened with a Marcu flight to Valda and a move-boosted Phantom rush on my Stingers. This was very hard for my Eltahale opener to deal with. She killed two Phantoms but took damage from Phantoms and Stingers were dying in my start zone. I switched to Ashra and eventually cleared out the Phantoms, but Eltahale and my Stingers were dead. The Ashra slowly but surely chipped away at Venom and Spider-Man. I got a lot of blocks vs. their specials that I shouldn't have. I won with a 4 skull roll from with my last Ashra to kill a 2 wound Marcu that had just rolled Eternal Hatred to get dropped in a hole. Good game. I am not sure I should have won this one; Dysole's strategy and drafting were a lot better than mine.
Old August 3rd, 2017, 11:36 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Re: Classic League IX: A Taste of Gen Con (Semifinals)

Semifinals on Zephyr (Lodin)
The players whose names are italicized won the diceoff and chooses who places first.

kevindola (4-0) v. Kinseth (3-1)
kevindola (A dwarf, a Kyrie, and a Marro Warlord walk into a Bar): Romans x3, Forgehammer, Me-Burq-Sa, Krav Maga, Raelin (RotV)
Kinseth (Sizzling Bacon!): deathreavers x2, Major Q9, Raelin (RotV), Rhogar Dragonspine, Arkmer

dok (4-1) v. vegietarian18 (4-1)
dok (Everybody loves scatter): deathreavers x3, Kaemon Awa, Krav Maga Agents, Syvarris, Zetacron
vegietarian18 (dok special): deathreavers x3, Major Q9, Raelin (RotV), Brave Arrow, Red Wyrmling x2, Isamu
Old August 3rd, 2017, 12:47 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Holy crap! 8 squads of rats being played in the Semi's...have fun with that!!! Lol

Poor Dok and Vegi, Rats X3 apiece...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 3rd, 2017, 01:44 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Eh, I've played a game with 31 rats. Still finished quicker than Knights+Gilbert versus dividers on the table next to us.

Last edited by dok; August 3rd, 2017 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Rats are as slow as the player playing them.
Old August 3rd, 2017, 02:56 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Eh, I've played a game with 31 rats. Still finished quicker than Knights+Gilbert versus dividers on the table next to us.
Yep. That was a combination of my piloting the knights slowly, and @Cleon 's hot d20 rolls in the latter half of the round.

It went to time.
Old August 3rd, 2017, 03:12 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Yep. That was a combination of my piloting the knights slowly, and @Cleon 's hot d20 rolls in the latter half of the round.

It went to time.
I was actually referring to the finals and 3rd place game in the 2010 main event. The 3rd place game was between Roninvalentina and FishTako, on Elswin Plateau.
Old August 3rd, 2017, 03:23 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Rats are as slow as the player playing them.
Just for clarity, are you implying that a player (slow or fast) playing rats will take the same amount of time to play a game utilizing rats as they would take to play a game without rats?
Old August 3rd, 2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Just for clarity, are you implying that a player (slow or fast) playing rats will take the same amount of time to play a game utilizing rats as they would take to play a game without rats?
No, I'm implying that a fast player playing a slow army is still faster than Kinseth a slow player playing a fast army. When it comes to pace of play, players matter more than armies.

Commenting on your straw man argument: I don't generally agree with that, but in certain matchups that's the case. One example of such a case is me against vegie this week. It's likely that the only time I will scatter in the entire game will be at the very end, when I'm finishing off his Brave Arrow with my rats for style points. Absent scatter, Deathreavers don't slow the game down any more than any tough, numerous common squad.
Old August 3rd, 2017, 03:49 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
No, I'm implying that a fast player playing a slow army is still faster than Kinseth a slow player playing a fast army. When it comes to pace of play, players matter more than armies.

I don't generally agree with that, but in certain matchups that's the case. One example of such a case is me against vegie this week. It's likely that the only time I will scatter in the entire game will be at the very end, when I'm finishing off his Brave Arrow with my rats for style points. Absent scatter, Deathreavers don't slow the game down any more than any tough, numerous common squad.
I think there are a few points, besides scatter, as to why they do slow the game down more than other tough, numberous squads, but why are we saying 'absent scatter'? I think everyone who complains about deathreavers slowing the game down is primarily talking about scatter. @Sir Heroscape can speak for himself, but I'm sure that was foremost in his mind.

The comparative speed of deathreaver play between two players I don't think is relevant to the claim of 'deathreavers are slow' (which I guess we are inferring that is what Sir H meant with his comment) so that's why I was asking for clarity on that statement.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events