Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 29th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

I just backed Joan of Arc 1.5, Time of Legends: Destinies, and Oathsworn.

Street Masters Aftershock is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old October 29th, 2019, 07:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

In my relatively small Kickstarter profile, this is my busiest period ever. Mezo should be shipping from Florida any day now, after the usual year wait. On the other hand, I managed to Preorder two Kickstarters just when they remained available after their Kickstarter ended. So now I've got the full Kickstarter editions of Swords & Sails and Hellenica: Story of Greece without waiting the usual year for Kickstarting. I did the same thing for Rurik: Dawn of Kiev. And I've just done it yet once more for Nanty Narking (just appearing at Essen), which is due in November, now almost upon us.

Is this cheating? In a way, yes. But it can be a gamble; for Hellenica they took them down from Preorder sale, and then decided they had enough left over from the sale run to put them back up again. Whew! This was not calculated; I saw a video about the design on the very last day of GenCon and bailed in.

These purchases happened by coincidence, since I'm not so good at tracking new games on Kickstarter as such; I just watch all the videos from GenCon and Essen as they come out during convention season, which is just ending now for this year. Then of course there is lots of info available if the Kickstarters have been out for a year, both on their offerings, which still have active Preorder buttons on the top of the offerings, or Preorder options on online vendors. Its an alternate way to get into KS offerings.

BTW, the Kicktarter for Ankh: Gods of Egypt has just been delayed from late this year to early next year (2020). You can now see a great new video from Essen on BGG, where Eric M. Lang actually explains a good deal of the game play. This is the first time he's done this type of reveal for any of his myth trilogy games! The third myth game from him looks pretty exciting, and quite different from the others as usual.
Old October 30th, 2019, 01:40 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the update on Gods of Egypt.
Old October 30th, 2019, 09:10 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Im not sure on how gameplay is but I think Id really love those minis.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 30th, 2019, 11:13 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
I really wanted Rising Sun, especially for the minis. I love Japanese mythology. But I have a hard limit on only buying game that can be played 2-player, since my larger game groups are not always reliable, so half the time it's just my wife, and a single friend.

But I also have like 300 minis in queue for me to paint, so I don't need more anyway.
Old October 30th, 2019, 01:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I've just accepted the fact that I'll never paint all the minis I have. I'll be happy if I get around to painting a handful from each game. No need to paint every one, just the ones I think are the most interesting. The rest will remain unpainted and just used for the various games they came with. It's easier to justify buying a bunch of unpainted mini's if I can also use them in a specific game that is fun to play.
Old October 30th, 2019, 03:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
I really wanted Rising Sun, especially for the minis. I love Japanese mythology. But I have a hard limit on only buying game that can be played 2-player, since my larger game groups are not always reliable, so half the time it's just my wife, and a single friend.

But I also have like 300 minis in queue for me to paint, so I don't need more anyway.
Im a plastic crack head. I have over 2000 minis in the unpainted category that Im working on. Ill probably talk myself down like I did with zombicide invader, im currently still talking myself down from zombicide modern 2.0 because I have all the 1.0 boxes, and I dont need more plastic. Ill probably do the same with this new one, even though I love all the ancient egyptian themed monsters theyll have. All the while, I keep 3d printing even more minis to paint. I still want them though. Thats the plasticrack addict in me.

Old October 30th, 2019, 03:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah I've backed more than a couple Kickstarters because of amazing looking minis. After a week or two I realize that the game itself looks pretty lackluster, and dropping hundreds of dollars just to add to my already huge queue when I'm not really even going to play the game is definitely not a financially sound idea.
Old October 30th, 2019, 05:11 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Yeah I've backed more than a couple Kickstarters because of amazing looking minis. After a week or two I realize that the game itself looks pretty lackluster, and dropping hundreds of dollars just to add to my already huge queue when I'm not really even going to play the game is definitely not a financially sound idea.
Just to be clear, dropping loads of cash to buy little plastic people in any scenario, is financially sound. I just have to keep telling myself no, and that I need to stop shopping and go paint some minis. I really want to go and back Zombicide 2.0 now. Not cause I'm a plasticrack addict. Its for the investment.

Old October 30th, 2019, 06:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Some of the Zombiecide exclusives go for big bucks now, much more than they cost to buy via the kickstarter. Those are limited examples though where there is a very limited supply ever made, and then never made again, plus they are based on pop culture characters. My buddy just bought some San Diego Comic Con Zombiecide exclusives: The TMNT's. Two boxes, 2 Turtles and two villains in each box for a total of 8 figures. Pretty sweet, except for the fact the Turtles are based on the movie and larger then human sized instead of shorter than humans like they should be. I think he spent something like $70 for the 8 figures. Wouldn't be surprised if their value goes up as more people find out about them and the demand increases.
Old November 5th, 2019, 06:04 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Some of the Zombiecide exclusives go for big bucks now, much more than they cost to buy via the kickstarter. Those are limited examples though where there is a very limited supply ever made, and then never made again, plus they are based on pop culture characters. My buddy just bought some San Diego Comic Con Zombiecide exclusives: The TMNT's. Two boxes, 2 Turtles and two villains in each box for a total of 8 figures. Pretty sweet, except for the fact the Turtles are based on the movie and larger then human sized instead of shorter than humans like they should be. I think he spent something like $70 for the 8 figures. Wouldn't be surprised if their value goes up as more people find out about them and the demand increases.
So I decided to jump in on the Kickstarter for 2.0 Zombicide. I pledged for the Presidential pledge. I only forked over 148 bucks for the pledge and the 8 dollar upgrade kit for all the older stuff for now. No need to make my wife irritable about me buying hundreds of dollars of more miniatures all at once. I'll be adding more in the pledge manager to get the others I want later. I feel a little bad about not doing the Zombicide Invader KS back when it happened as those Xenos were pretty cool. I'm not as financially tight at the moment as when that ks dropped. It also helps that after 3 years of waiting for my last KS stretch goals finally arrived from the Dark Souls Kickstarter. CMON has a better track record than Steamforged though.

Old November 6th, 2019, 10:52 AM
...has moist legs

Invader definitely looked cool. I liked that spin on Zombicide and really considered it. But I talked myself out of it and got Death May Die instead. Which still hasn't showed up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games