Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 26th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played Axis & Allies for the first time yesterday, great fun.
Old June 26th, 2015, 11:56 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just got done with mission #5 of my Middle-East Insurgent campaign for Warfighter.

While the 3 soldiers didn't suffer any wounds, it was a nailbiter for sure, as the previous post mission die roll for adjusting this mission caused the objective to be moved one further location away, meaning more hostiles to go through with an extra location, and more time. Speaking of time, it started out as a 15 turn mission, but one of the locations I had to play (Shopping Mall) caused the timer to move forward one space, meaning I lost a turn navigating that place.

The objective was to take out a VIP Helicopter, but once activating the objective location (from an adjacent location) it only allows for 2 turns to take down the helicopter before it gets away. But to make matters worse, all the hostiles that come out on that objective card "screen" the helicopter, which means that you can't attack the helicopter until all the other hostiles at that location are either killed or suppressed.

Fortunately thanks to some sniper support, some flashbangs and a grenade as well as lots of gunfire, we were able to take out all the hostiles except one on the first turn the objective was activated. Then we got the final hostile (a Technical, which is a pickup truck with a machine gun mounted on the back) suppressed and were able to attack the helicopter on the final turn available.

Giacamelli through his last grenade to put 2 of 4 damage on it. Then Mitton used up his last magazine to put 3rd damage on it, and finally Giacomelli was able to finish it off with a long burst from his MP7 carbine. Success!

Giacamelli used 7 of 8 magazines of his ammo for his carbine, 4 grenades, 2 flashbangs, and 1 smoke grenade.

Stephens used 5 of 12 magazines of ammo for his M16A2.

Mitton used 6 of 6 magazines of ammo for his M203 rifle/grenade launcher, 3 of 3 40mm grenades for the M203 and 2 of 2 hand grenades.

We also had a little bit of Sniper Support for a little while, as well as a little Mortar Support for a little while.

Tight mission for sure, even though there were no injuries, as if you fail a mission your campaign comes to an end and you check total earned Victory Points to see on a table what affect your campaign had overall.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 27th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Just got done with mission #5 of my Middle-East Insurgent campaign for Warfighter.

While the 3 soldiers didn't suffer any wounds, it was a nailbiter for sure, as the previous post mission die roll for adjusting this mission caused the objective to be moved one further location away, meaning more hostiles to go through with an extra location, and more time. Speaking of time, it started out as a 15 turn mission, but one of the locations I had to play (Shopping Mall) caused the timer to move forward one space, meaning I lost a turn navigating that place.

The objective was to take out a VIP Helicopter, but once activating the objective location (from an adjacent location) it only allows for 2 turns to take down the helicopter before it gets away. But to make matters worse, all the hostiles that come out on that objective card "screen" the helicopter, which means that you can't attack the helicopter until all the other hostiles at that location are either killed or suppressed.

Fortunately thanks to some sniper support, some flashbangs and a grenade as well as lots of gunfire, we were able to take out all the hostiles except one on the first turn the objective was activated. Then we got the final hostile (a Technical, which is a pickup truck with a machine gun mounted on the back) suppressed and were able to attack the helicopter on the final turn available.

Giacamelli through his last grenade to put 2 of 4 damage on it. Then Mitton used up his last magazine to put 3rd damage on it, and finally Giacomelli was able to finish it off with a long burst from his MP7 carbine. Success!

Giacamelli used 7 of 8 magazines of his ammo for his carbine, 4 grenades, 2 flashbangs, and 1 smoke grenade.

Stephens used 5 of 12 magazines of ammo for his M16A2.

Mitton used 6 of 6 magazines of ammo for his M203 rifle/grenade launcher, 3 of 3 40mm grenades for the M203 and 2 of 2 hand grenades.

We also had a little bit of Sniper Support for a little while, as well as a little Mortar Support for a little while.

Tight mission for sure, even though there were no injuries, as if you fail a mission your campaign comes to an end and you check total earned Victory Points to see on a table what affect your campaign had overall.

Another entertaining session report. Yep, I'm getting weak. I think I'll go ahead and preorder the Footlocker and Speedball expansions (at a minimum) and try to get this back on the table. I've also noticed the rules have received a 2.0 upgrade, and there's a very interesting file on BGG containing 100 randomly generated missions.

No sooner had I mentioned cutting way back on board game purchases, and Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn hit my radar. I watched the rules and overview video for it, and this looks like it'll scratch that Magic itch. I preordered it, as Plaid Hat Games offers great preorder discounts.

I played Tsuro of the Seas last night with my parents. It's been a while since we've played this. It's a tile laying game where you place a tile with pathways in front of your ship, and you try to be the last ship on the table. There are obstacles on the board that you have to avoid, and you also must avoid running off the board or into another ship. It plays quick and a lot of fun to play. I also have the original version without the obstacles, and that's fun as well.
Old June 27th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
No sooner had I mentioned cutting way back on board game purchases, and Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn hit my radar. I watched the rules and overview video for it, and this looks like it'll scratch that Magic itch. I preordered it, as Plaid Hat Games offers great preorder discounts.
I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on this game, it looks amazing. I'm hoping to be able to get a community going at a couple of the FLGS in the area when it comes out.

I've been playing Dice Masters to scratch that old Magic itch.
Old June 27th, 2015, 02:24 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit View Post
Quote:
I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on this game, it looks amazing. I'm hoping to be able to get a community going at a couple of the FLGS in the area when it comes out.

I can't tell if it'll scratch that Magic itch (never played Magic), but I can tell you that Ashes is a lot of fun and worth the $35 (was one of the testers).

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old June 27th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Another entertaining session report. Yep, I'm getting weak. I think I'll go ahead and preorder the Footlocker and Speedball expansions (at a minimum) and try to get this back on the table. I've also noticed the rules have received a 2.0 upgrade, and there's a very interesting file on BGG containing 100 randomly generated missions.

I played Tsuro of the Seas last night with my parents. It's been a while since we've played this. It's a tile laying game where you place a tile with pathways in front of your ship, and you try to be the last ship on the table. There are obstacles on the board that you have to avoid, and you also must avoid running off the board or into another ship. It plays quick and a lot of fun to play. I also have the original version without the obstacles, and that's fun as well.

I'll have to check out those files on BGG David. I already did a Jungle campaign and got part way through the Mid-East Insurgent campaign before failing. Now for my second try at that, it seems to be going better so I may be able to get through all 7 missions. Then onto the Mid-East Military campaign, and I know that one will be a bear. That all said, there are still so many different combos of soldiers/equipment to try out in different campaigns, as well as different mission/objective combos. Sounds like you are really going all in on that one. Can't wait to hear how the Footlocker is.

Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn looks interesting and I may have to look deeper into that at some point.

I haven't played Tsuro of the Seas yet, just regular Tsuro several times and usually with 5 or 6 players. Neat game.

Old June 27th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I can't tell if it'll scratch that Magic itch (never played Magic), but I can tell you that Ashes is a lot of fun and worth the $35 (was one of the testers).
Yes! So happy to hear this. I preordered it early.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 27th, 2015, 07:10 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh come on, are you trying tell me that you wouldn't just buy it for that wonderful art.

My SuperScape Maps
Old June 28th, 2015, 04:26 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

It's been a while but I made it to a club day today. Played:

Cuba - recently purchased & first time played through. Enjoyed it. Involved a lot of thinking trying to find the best way to victory points. It seemed that the forgoing of shipping products & controlling the vote & money worked best. In a 3 player game we were slaughtered by the player that did this.

Innovation: Echoes of the Past - Love Innovation & this expansion really adds another level to it.

Eminent Domain: Microcosm - Simple filler game. Funny how simple it is but actually takes a bit of thinking to get it straight in your head. You really just play it to understand it. Good game. I lost 22-21.

Pandemic: The Cure - I really enjoyed this. We failed miserably though. 4 rounds in a row with 4 dice samples (2 of mine, 2 or the other players) I failed to get the required 13 for the cure. Add to that the fact that on that 4th round I also rolled 3 virus (out of 3 dice). It still has the same feel as the board game. Definitely like this one.
Old June 28th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh come on, are you trying tell me that you wouldn't just buy it for that wonderful art.
Buy it yes, play it, no. So this is good news.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 28th, 2015, 09:54 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ahh, you are so right. I can't wait for my copy, 'cause I never got a chance to try out the 4-player or drafting while testing, which both look awesome.

My SuperScape Maps
Old June 28th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ahh, you are so right. I can't wait for my copy, 'cause I never got a chance to try out the 4-player or drafting while testing, which both look awesome.
Is the 4 player version a legit 4 player game or is it kind of tacked on where you "can" play with 4, but it's really meant as a 2 player game?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games