Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old May 5th, 2017, 11:44 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: HoSS 3D Printed Figures

I just got thinking how cool a 3d Scanner would be, I have 5 of those dewbacks at my house, they are just way bigger. I have a collection of over 500 starwars action figures plus at least 50 vehicles and mounts. Not to mention all my other figurines of the other universes.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 6th, 2017, 10:38 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@White Knight . I downloaded a version of blender but cant seem to open the stl files. Am I doing something wrong. Its almost as if it cant read the file type.

Old May 6th, 2017, 01:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I just got thinking how cool a 3d Scanner would be, I have 5 of those dewbacks at my house, they are just way bigger. I have a collection of over 500 starwars action figures plus at least 50 vehicles and mounts. Not to mention all my other figurines of the other universes.
Yeah, I had the same thought a few years ago now but found out that the scanner is much more expensive and hard to gain access to than the printer. I was going to scan all kinds of toys, models, and statues only to resize them for my gaming needs.
Old May 6th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
@White Knight . I downloaded a version of blender but cant seem to open the stl files. Am I doing something wrong. Its almost as if it cant read the file type.
Blender only "opens" Blender files.

You have to "import" it as an .stl file. (File-->Import-->.stl)
Old May 6th, 2017, 05:24 PM
"like" happy

Thanks. Ill try that tonight. This is all new to me. Very fun to start playing with new art programs.

Old May 6th, 2017, 07:54 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Thanks. Ill try that tonight. This is all new to me. Very fun to start playing with new art programs.
Yeah, learning new stuff like Blender at my age keeps me young and sharp.
Old May 7th, 2017, 01:22 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I had the same thought a few years ago now but found out that the scanner is much more expensive and hard to gain access to than the printer. I was going to scan all kinds of toys, models, and statues only to resize them for my gaming needs.
you should look into them again, I seen some not so expensive options as of late. I will probably hold off until I get into the swing of things with the printer itself.

Old May 7th, 2017, 03:29 PM

As an alternative to a scanner, I build my own little light booth. It takes 40 automatic pictures with my camera and then I import them into ReMake (previously 123D Catch). It's not as accurate as a scanner, but I just couldn't justify the higher cost. If anyone is interested, I could make the controller board for them for a small cost (probably <$15).

About my setup
I have a turntable attached to a motor. The camera and the motor are both hooked up to a microcontroller. By pressing a start button, it automatically rotates the figure and takes 40 pictures. That way I can put the figure onto the turntable, start the capture, and walk away and do something else.

Camera settings:
Shutter 8
Medium resolution
Field of view 22

Overall Setup

Side View

Two Lights Pointing Straight-On

Custom Controller Board
(2 relays--one to turn the motor, and one to click the shutter on and off)

Front View

Old May 8th, 2017, 04:44 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I wish someone could scan or capture a Wo-Sa-Ga. That mini is between cost prohibitive and impossible to get in Europe.
Old May 8th, 2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
I wish someone could scan or capture a Wo-Sa-Ga. That mini is between cost prohibitive and impossible to get in Europe.
Wo-sa-ga
(obj file)

Wo-sa-ga
(.stl file)

I have all the Heroscape figures captured for HexScape. And many of the C3V figures. I haven't had time to post them yet.
Old May 10th, 2017, 06:49 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
Wo-sa-ga
(obj file)

Wo-sa-ga
(.stl file)

I have all the Heroscape figures captured for HexScape. And many of the C3V figures. I haven't had time to post them yet.
That's great, thanks! Now I'll be able to proxy it nicely until I can find the real deal.
Old May 10th, 2017, 10:44 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Crap, sorry. I had access to a 3D Laser Scanner at my employer and had planned to scan WSG. Then I moved and changed companies...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape