Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old July 12th, 2015, 10:47 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: BoSS Battlefront - Brainstorming Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
That would end the game rather quickly. As soon as one side has more Control Nodes then the other side, they start getting more reinforcements and just overwhelm the other team. Both sides should have a chance to win the game, not just the faster moving army. By keeping the starting and reinforcement points even, the battle and wax and wane over the course of the game with either side controlling more Nodes at the end of any one round.
You could start with one control point in each start zone. It would be tough for someone to take them all over to quickly. Besides in the original video game (which I played yesterday) if you lose all the command points after a few seconds (or at the end of a round) you LOSE...that could make it more of a different game than kill all your enemies.

PS...I love this idea and have been talking about it since you guys released the first HOSS so I will be subscribing here...though I still don't have any Star Wars minis.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 12th, 2015, 01:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
That would end the game rather quickly. As soon as one side has more Control Nodes then the other side, they start getting more reinforcements and just overwhelm the other team. Both sides should have a chance to win the game, not just the faster moving army. By keeping the starting and reinforcement points even, the battle and wax and wane over the course of the game with either side controlling more Nodes at the end of any one round.
You could start with one control point in each start zone. It would be tough for someone to take them all over to quickly. Besides in the original video game (which I played yesterday) if you lose all the command points after a few seconds (or at the end of a round) you LOSE...that could make it more of a different game than kill all your enemies.

PS...I love this idea and have been talking about it since you guys released the first HOSS so I will be subscribing here...though I still don't have any Star Wars minis.
Your input is very much welcome. I also am basing my general ideas from all the times I played the Battlefront games in all their glory. Sadly I do not know when I'll get a shot at the new one coming out.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 25th, 2015, 03:54 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ok, so I tried out a variant of Battlefront that I wanted to test.
Both teams picked 300pt armies and 300pts worth of reinforcements.
Team 1
Venoc vipers x3
venoc warlord
Zetacron= 300
Reinforcement army
Aubrien Archers x3
venoc vipers x2
Isamu=300
Team 2
Protectors of ullar x1
atlaga
Deathstalkers x1=300
reinforcements
Kratos(from HOF)=300
I went with more of a squad based army to be able to capture more control points quickly.
Each teams 300 point army started in their startzones. At the end of each round, each control point captured was worth 30 pts. At the end of round 1, each team had captured 2 control points and was rewarded 60 pts each. P1 drafted one 40 pt squad of venoc reinforcements in around one of his control points, leaving his remainding point total for reinforcements to 20pts. Player 2 was trying to get enough points to bring in his heavy hitting kratos but failed to keep the control points due to player 1 bringing in his smaller point reinforcements faster. Overall I liked the concept. It was very much like the game. It only lasted about 10 minutes because player one dominated all control points bringing in most of all reinforcements. This would be a conquest type mode of battlefront.

Old November 2nd, 2015, 07:29 PM
"like" happy

What we need to ask ourselves is what aspects of Battlefront we want to take from the video game to make mechanics in our Battlefront scape. I'll start.
-Capture Points(Glyphs) points of interest.
-A reinforcement/Bonus Mechanic for held points.

I'd like to know what everyone else is thinking. Just based off my testing from the previous post above is that it can make a fun play mode. Right now we just have our own versions of what we think battlefront should be. What we should do is compile our thoughts and come up with a consensus.

Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think we are on the same page there as the command points are a significant aspect of the game play I would like to see if we can recreate. Fight over spots on the map, once you take control of that spot new reinforcement can drop in to help you defend it. Controlling more command points than your opponent directly leads to winning the game.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:10 PM
"like" happy

Now just to figure out how we want to do the reinforcement mechanic? I had something where I would award points for each control point and then transfer those points across to point value to award reinforcements. This was effective but I didn't like to track the points. I would like to make a simpler approach.

Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, in the video game each side would start with '100' units, but then that number would go down faster or slower based on how many command points you controlled. So a connection between the number of command points you control and the number of points of reinforcements you get seems like a good idea. Maybe have a flat number of points of reinforcements that is then adjusted up or down based on the number of command points you control with reinforcements showing up at the end of every other round and starting armies being fairly small.

Each side starts the game with a premade 300 point army. At the end of each even numbered round, each player deploys up to an additional 150 points of reinforcements. If one player controls more command points than their opponent, that player may deploy an additional 30 points of reinforcements while the player with control of fewer command points may only deploy up to 130 points of reinforcements this round.

This gives the 'losing' player access to 2 squads of a 65 point unit (130 points), while the 'winning' player can deploy 3 squads of an 60 point unit (180 points). Of course they can also just deploy heroes instead of squads or a mixture of the two. It would mean that if you wanted a 180+ point figure in your army then you would need to start the game with that figure which would somewhat limit your ability to spread out and grab control of multiple command points, thus potentially leading to fewer reinforcements.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:33 PM
"like" happy

Based off of what you just said, how is this:
At the end of each round each player recieves 150pts. For each control point you control you may choose to either add points to your reinforcements or Reduce points for your enemy's reinforcements. 50pts per control point. That allows a fluctuation in reinforcements and I like denying my enemy stuff. This would work without having to write anything down.

EDIT:

-300pt Premade army for each player.
-150pts of reinforcements for each team at the end of each round.
-50pts to either add to your reinforcements, or 50pts to reduce from enemy reinforcements for each control point controlled.
-Cap on how many reinforcements you can get, or a set reinforcement army 500pts maybe? @Yodaking , I just talked to one of my brothers on the phone. He is stoked about trying this out.
-Reinforcements may only be placed adjacent to a control point you control or placed in your start zone.

Last edited by TREX; November 2nd, 2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:02 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We just got Battlefronts II for PS2 for my son for his birthday and have been playing it a lot. I never noticed a variation of how fast the number went down based on how many control points you commanded. I always thought that the control points was your bonus as you can spawn from more locations. One thing I noticed that was different in II than it was in the original is that there is a max limit of type of unit for each stage and the Heroes don't re-spawn.

I think that just having a flat total and then when a figure is destroyed it just re-spawns at one of your control points as these all act as starting zones. If you no longer control any bases or run out of figures...you lose.

Example because I just realized the above is not very clear...and I am adding to it...

Start out with a 300 point army (no Hero) with a game total of say 1000 points (including a hero) and possession of 1 control point (in your starting zone). You can respawn your common figures at any control point until you have reached your 1000 limit. At the end of any round where you control say 4 of the 6 bases you can spawn your hero.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:10 PM
"like" happy

@japes , did you see my edit? What do you think of that? I see where you are going with the no hero at first, but translating into heroscape it makes more sense to utilize heroes. No heroes=Stormtrooper bonanza! I really like that your are contributing to the discussion. I am open to any ideas to make this idea even better.
EDIT: I am liking your previously destroyed figure idea. maybe a 500pt game. The control points let you respawn your dead figures or something.

Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:31 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@japes , did you see my edit? What do you think of that? I see where you are going with the no hero at first, but translating into heroscape it makes more sense to utilize heroes. No heroes=Stormtrooper bonanza! I really like that your are contributing to the discussion. I am open to any ideas to make this idea even better.
EDIT: I am liking your previously destroyed figure idea. maybe a 500pt game. The control points let you respawn your dead figures or something.
I actually had forgotten about this but luckily I was subscribed so when it popped up I had to check it out as I couldn't remember why I subscribed to it. So thanks for not letting it die.

Just went back and read what you had but my one concern is the avalanche factor. once you got down it could be a pretty excruciating spiral down as your opponent gets exponentially stronger as you get weaker. Making it less fun to finish out the game at some point.

As far as heroes I see the point and since I was thinking of this more as a storm trooper fest but maybe we change it a bit and allow for the Hero from the beginning and he only gets a respawn if you control 3 of 6 points but the commons get to respawn until you run out of reinforcements. Then the avalanche factor only amounts to the one hero which is a little more bearable sometimes?

Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:57 PM
C3G Landlord

That is an interesting idea. Just making it an almost all common figure game with only a couple of heroes that show up once. Maybe have the heroes only show up after you have completed a 'task' of some sort.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape