Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old November 13th, 2011, 08:02 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

For those of you who have played Skylanders: Are there any difficulty settings(i.e. easy, medium, hard)?

Just trying to get a feel for how difficult this game is.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Yeah! I'm Here View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Well, three days into release, and Bethesda has yet to release a patch for this Black Screen, Audio loop, and loss of PC responsiveness crash. And there are no fixes for it. I'm really enjoying Skyrim right now.
There is never a point to buy a Bethesda game on release. While they ultimately do fix their product, I cannot think of a single major game they have released that did not have major bugs.
Yeh, but my bug is only affecting about 1/4th of the PC community. So it really annoys me on how unlucky I was with this release.
The fact that you can write that your bug is ONLY affecting 25% of PC owners with a straight face just highlights the crappy releases Bethesda does - they always end up fixing it but still, crap like that should be unacceptable.
Aaaah, but I figured out how to fix it. Apparently Skyrim and Windows interact with each other pretty weird, so when Skyrim is playing, Windows thinks nothing is happening. After about 20 minutes, it goes into powersave mode, causing the monitor and windows to sleep. However, Skyrim is still trying to play, causing the computer to mess itself up. I turned off powersave mode, and voila! My crashing is gone.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, three days into release, and Bethesda has yet to release a patch for this Black Screen, Audio loop, and loss of PC responsiveness crash. And there are no fixes for it. I'm really enjoying Skyrim right now.
There is never a point to buy a Bethesda game on release. While they ultimately do fix their product, I cannot think of a single major game they have released that did not have major bugs.
Yeh, but my bug is only affecting about 1/4th of the PC community. So it really annoys me on how unlucky I was with this release.
The fact that you can write that your bug is ONLY affecting 25% of PC owners with a straight face just highlights the crappy releases Bethesda does - they always end up fixing it but still, crap like that should be unacceptable.
Aaaah, but I figured out how to fix it. Apparently Skyrim and Windows interact with each other pretty weird, so when Skyrim is playing, Windows thinks nothing is happening. After about 20 minutes, it goes into powersave mode, causing the monitor and windows to sleep. However, Skyrim is still trying to play, causing the computer to mess itself up. I turned off powersave mode, and voila! My crashing is gone.
Good, have a blast playing! I know that pain of wanting to game and it's not just working right. Wierd that they coded Skyrim in such a way though.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good, have a blast playing! I know that pain of wanting to game and it's not just working right. Wierd that they coded Skyrim in such a way though.
Apparently this is just a personal fix. Others are getting the black screen, and even when suggested with this, and they tried it, it didn't work for them.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old November 14th, 2011, 03:00 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm having a weird issue, possibly a bug, in Skyrim: Dragons won't attack me all of a sudden. I left a dungeon with my second Dragon Word of the game, and over the course of the next 2 hours had 2 separate dragons circle over me for about 30 minutes each without attacking. Tried to hit them with arrows, succeeded in hitting them with spells, no dice. If this continues, I don't know how I'll unlock my words to continue the quest. From what I understand, there is a complex algorithm if you will for the game to determine when to have a dragon attack you; there is some mix of companion presence, availability of protective terrain, presence of other enemies, etc that is taken into account. I just can't figure out how to get them to attack: I've had a companion each time; the first time I was near a forest where I could run around in to avoid breath attacks, the second near a fort; both times there were other figures around, but not terribly close (first time was just some mud crabs and mammoths, the second just some wolves).

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
I'm having a weird issue, possibly a bug, in Skyrim: Dragons won't attack me all of a sudden. I left a dungeon with my second Dragon Word of the game, and over the course of the next 2 hours had 2 separate dragons circle over me for about 30 minutes each without attacking. Tried to hit them with arrows, succeeded in hitting them with spells, no dice. If this continues, I don't know how I'll unlock my words to continue the quest. From what I understand, there is a complex algorithm if you will for the game to determine when to have a dragon attack you; there is some mix of companion presence, availability of protective terrain, presence of other enemies, etc that is taken into account. I just can't figure out how to get them to attack: I've had a companion each time; the first time I was near a forest where I could run around in to avoid breath attacks, the second near a fort; both times there were other figures around, but not terribly close (first time was just some mud crabs and mammoths, the second just some wolves).
Check the forums and submit the issue. This is very likely a bug. Do you have a save from before the issue started? I'd recommend trying to play from one of them, otherwise you might have to start all over again. Fallout 3 was like this and after the patch, many people had to restart their games.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:34 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Haven't come across any bugs in Skyrim yet, at least none that I've noticed.
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Same here, but I'm on PS3. About 13 hours in and haven't even touched the main quest. I am head of the Companions and the Dark Brotherhood, however. Both questlines are awesome!

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old November 14th, 2011, 10:47 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Same here, but I'm on PS3. About 13 hours in and haven't even touched the main quest. I am head of the Companions and the Dark Brotherhood, however. Both questlines are awesome!
Yeah, haven't touched the main quest yet either and I'm probably about 15 hours in maybe. Started the Companions questing, then got sidetracked while exploring. Favorite part of the game, so many things to do. Probably need to spend some time crafting armor as my leather armor just isn't getting it done anymore.
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Apparently someone has hired the Dark Brotherhood to kill me in Skyrim. I'm excited to see where this goes!

I'm a F18, bro.
Old November 15th, 2011, 01:56 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Playing RAGE on PC. Fun game, but initially the game didn't start and was actually missing a crucial file from the download. Luckily I found a download for that specific file and didn't have to download the whole 25GB (< Why 25GBs? Someone explain to me why this game needs to be like 2-3 times the size of the average game) game again. I don't know who to blame, Bethesda, Steam, or my own computer. Other than that, no bugs encountered so far. The game itself is pretty fun.

World In Conflict: Soviet Assault. Playing 1 or 2 missions a day. Fun game.

And Team Fortress 2. Getting sick of playing maining the Medic class all day because everyone that plays Team Fortress 2 is a selfish asshole that plays nothing but Sniper or Spy or some other useless twig class, so I've decided to take a break from playing Medic and play other classes. I just want to play Sniper or Pyro every once and a while, yet whenever I want to there are already fifty-god damned-seven of them, it's terrible. Okay, Snipers and Spies are cool and all, but we don't need 3 of them, play something useful please.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; November 15th, 2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old November 15th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Apparently someone has hired the Dark Brotherhood to kill me in Skyrim. I'm excited to see where this goes!
Umm...6 feet under?

I can't wait for December

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games