Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM

THE Reno is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Talking Awesome 500-point armies that work for me every time

An awesome 500-point army using only the RotV set and the Zombie Horde expansion would be Grimnak, Syvarris, Raelin, 2 cards of Zombies of Morindan, and the Marro Warriors. No other army I've played against(even Marvelscape armies) have completely defeated this one. All you need to do is throw in a Glyph of Valda and a Glyph of Ivor somewhere in the battlefield and hold them and this army is nearly unstoppable.

Don't be jealous that I'm sexy. Wait, scratch that, be VERY jealous. It's okay, no one has to know.

Last edited by THE Reno; June 18th, 2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:56 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Awesome 500-point armies that work for me every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Reno View Post
An awesome 500-point army using only the RotV set and the Zombie Horde expansion would be Grimnak, Syvarris, Raelin, 2 cards of Zombies of Morindan, and the Marro Warriors. No other army I've played against(even Marvelscape armies) have completely defeated this one. All you need to do is throw in a Glyph of Valda and a Glyph of Ivor somewhere in the battlefield and hold them and this army in nearly unstoppable.
I need to make a trip to Sacramento to prove you wrong.
Old June 18th, 2008, 02:04 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Them's fightin' words...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old June 18th, 2008, 02:10 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

I think wo-sa-ga and Krug woulb be a good start to fight the army.
Old June 18th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav11111 View Post
I think wo-sa-ga and Krug woulb be a good start to fight the army.
I would agree!
Maybe this army would do the trick

Nakita Agents-120
Q9-180
Krav-100
Carr-100
This is Nithdoc's old army, that wins at least 50% of the battles it's in!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wait a sec folks! He's given us the parameters. Beat it with RotV without using anyone he's already picked. Looks a bit tougher now, don't it?

Perhaps...
Mimring 150
Tarn Vikings 50
Airborne Elite 110
Thorgrim 80
Sgt. Drake 110

Mimsy and the AE can manhandle the Zombies if there's any terrain on the map. Should make Grimnak shudder as well. Drake can demolish Syvarris and possibly the MW with the help of Mimsy and the Tarn. Thor just helps when he can and Raelin is a target of opportunity.

~Aldin, who has to rack his brain to remember the original MS figs

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:47 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Wait a sec folks! He's given us the parameters. Beat it with RotV without using anyone he's already picked. Looks a bit tougher now, don't it?
But he uses Zombies. Maybe a team with just one small expansion.
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I didn't think it was a challenge, just that it was an awesome army.
But here you go, Kinseth got either 3rd or 2nd with this beautiful Smackdown army.

Agent Carr-100
Drake-110
AE-110
Krav-100
Raelin-80
Best army their is that came out of that set!

Old June 18th, 2008, 03:53 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Trav of the many ones,

I suspect all the armies he's faced have been drawn from the pool of units he listed. Thus I'd like to present an army of those figs - not including the ones he employs - that could give his army a run for it's money.

~Aldin, who doesn't think there's a MS1 unit for <50 points which makes rounding out an army tough

EDIT Shades, he's already using Raelin. Plus that army has a bit of Zombie trouble if the AE don't drop quickly /EDIT

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Fine
Sub Raelin for Thorgrim!
Krav-100
Carr-100
Thorgrim-80
AE-110
Drake-110

EDIT, looks like we have multi posted several times/ Edited.
The Krav should be able to handle just 6 Zombies, which would let the AE drop later!

Old June 18th, 2008, 04:04 PM

Okey Doke, THE Reno - you have two qualifying armies to try against your behemoth. Let us know how it goes.

~Aldin, certainly not soliciting the cessation of submissions (yes, yes I do love alliteration (and Phineas and Ferb))

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:45 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

This army could at least compete with The Reno's.

Mimring (150)
KMA (100)
AE (110)
Ne-Gok-Sa (90)
Tarns (50)
= 500

Mimring give you a ranged flyer to keep opposition on its toes.

KMA and AE bring plenty of range. Though, luck is required for AE drop, which is an obvious negative.

NGS and Tarns provide strong melee defense with decent attack. They are slow so you need to move them up strategically. The fear of Mimring strafing fire can be helpful here.

You'd want to take out Grimnak and Raelin fairly early on. No one in this army, save Mimring, is immune to Chomp! Raelin's aura is always a pain but there is a enough ranged attack to take her out, esp. with a lucky and timely drop roll.

Having few low cost squads available does make this draft difficult.

Last edited by jedilou; June 18th, 2008 at 05:19 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion