Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old August 24th, 2006, 05:27 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod
If Hasbro DID go back to their original distribution format that they had before Wave 4... then I'd be able to find Wave 5 all over the place right now. Wave 3 was everywhere around here.

Here's a local report of what's in my local stores, AFTER they've restocked:

Wal-mart #1: MS, Wave 1, Orms, RttFF
Wal-mart #2: MS, Orms
Wal-mart #3: MS, Wave 1, Orms
Wal-mart #4: MS, Orms, RttFF
Super Target #1: MS, Orms
Super Target #2: MS, Orms
TRU #1: MS, Orms, VW
TRU #2: MS, Orms, VW, various packs from waves 1-4 (briefly had RV & TT, only store around that did)

That's it. No one has Wave 5. No one has castles. Distribution problems still exist.
Similar report where I live. After the stores have restocked, Orms, RttFF, MS are plentiful. Oh and did I mention the mass of Orms. In case I forgot to mention it, they restocked with Orms. And BTW, if you didn't know, they had plenty of Thora... nah, they had lots of Orms.

Distribution problems (wherever the choke point is, or who's problem it is -- my be is on the retailers) are still there.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:14 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
This is mostly for Finrod -

Just because there are no new product in Houston does not invalidate the many many reports of other Texas areas (and all over the country) reporting better distribution this go-round. Houston is one city in a big state. Just like of Sacto was overlooked, I couldn't say that CA was skipped, because of the many reports already (less than 2 weeks in).

When I say "DISTRIBUTION PROBLEMS", I do not mean personal distribution shortages in my area, or your area.
I mean, as-widespread-as-possible reports from hundreds of members/locations.

I've kept a pretty good handle on those reports, and have read the majority of them since Nov 2004.
As I remember, Wave 4 had VERY few, very spotty reports, from pretty small areas too - no rhyme or reason why the spots got that early shipment - nothing like the kind of widespread numerous reports with Wave 5.
Wave 5 is significatnyl better than Wave 4 distribution, from everything I remember.

And just a point - we as a rabid community represent more hands-on, reliable marketing information than (AFAIK) any other industry source or Hasbro survey.
Everyone that has commented thru the years has said that even Hasbro theselves don't have a good handle on who buys this game, where they are, etc. The multiple baffling useless surveys on HS.com support this, too.
To be blunt, I believe we HSers know more about Hasbro distribution success/failure than Hasbro reps do, or even the designers (since they don;t follow this site like we do).
For example, the failures of the TrU debacle - I doubt if Hasbro got as much feedback to them as was presented in the myriad threads on HSHQ about it.
Old August 24th, 2006, 08:29 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
This is mostly for Finrod -

Just because there are no new product in Houston does not invalidate the many many reports of other Texas areas (and all over the country) reporting better distribution this go-round. Houston is one city in a big state. Just like of Sacto was overlooked, I couldn't say that CA was skipped, because of the many reports already (less than 2 weeks in).
Other Texas areas = Dallas/Fort Worth. Only. They have not been sighted anywhere else in Texas. Houston is just the fourth largest city in the country.

As for Wave 4 - I had NO trouble finding it, at least at first. It showed up all over the place here... and then was gone. Yes, Wave 5 has shown up in lots of areas... at first. So did Wave 4. The true test will be if it STAYS on the shelves.
Old August 24th, 2006, 08:42 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod
The true test will be if it STAYS on the shelves.
This is truth.

If this is just a flash in the pan, then it would not be a fix of the DISTRIBUTION PROBLEMS.
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:43 PM

LoneDragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I've said this before somewhere... I've never seen Wave 4 in any store.

Anyone in one of those Wave 1 heavy areas willing to send me 2 Romans, 1 Orcs, and 1 Vipers?

I only drink the blood of my enemies, and occasionally a strawberry yoohoo.

Good Trades: R˙chean, Vydar, kboleen, Hahma
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:58 AM

Thor has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
reaper I have to agree that the Wave 5 distribution has been amazing. Much like Wave 1 and 2 and 3. I don't know what happened with Wave 4 and 4.5, but for the majority of the stuff so far has been out there fairly quickly for everyone. I'm not sure if Hasbro "fixed" anything...more like they went back to doing things the way they did before Zanafor's Discovery.
Actually, if memory serves me correct, wave 1 and 2 had horrible distribution as well. Wave 1 was originally released in December of 04 but it could not be found by the vast majority of people in their local stores. It's distribution was spotty at best. It wasn't until around March of 05 that people started to see more and more of wave 1. Wave 2, other then being pushed back as all waves have, was more or less the same. The only difference was it started trickling onto store shelves after a month and a half rather then be all but non-existant prior to March like wave 1.
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:20 PM

eaglekiller has disabled reputation
Only waves 2 and 3 had good distribution where I live. I don't know how wave 5 will do but I am not getting my hopes up already! Maybe I will see them by Christmas ...

IMPORTANT NOTICE
ABOUT THE GAME PARTS
The water title, glyphs and army cards are taped underneath the large hex titles.
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneDragon

Anyone in one of those Wave 1 heavy areas willing to send me 2 Romans, 1 Orcs, and 1 Vipers?
Sandra has a great deal on snipers&vipers right now (8.99)
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:07 PM

Zincdust is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
One of my local Wal-Marts put out a new box of boosters, after having an empty shelf for months!

It was Wave 1.

Which was GREAT for me, since I needed the heroes, romans and orcs sets.

Please visit my Facebook Profile!: http://www.facebook.com/zincdust
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:15 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneDragon

I would be happy to pick these up for you at TRU. TRU price would be $55.08 (with tax) + shipping.

It looks like Sandra at Housemouse would send you those packs for $56 + shipping.

PM me if you need me to pick them up for you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales