Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old February 4th, 2017, 02:00 PM

DewNoHarm is surprisingly tart
Re: Utah soundoff

Well actually the computer said that you took first place (even if I beat you in the last round .

The tournament was truely awesome (regardless of my wins) and thanks to BiggaBullfrong and Heroscaperdude too.

Here's my battle report.

Utah Monthly Tournament (January, 28 2017).

-500 Points, 50+ unique Hero required, 24 hex limit

It was my first tournament and I felt like a newbie (seeing as how I started playing Heroscape in November of 2016). But no one held that against me and everyone was welcoming.

My army ("Keeping my Options Open” or “Play to your Strengths”):

2x Knights of Weston (140)
Sir Gilbert (245)
Airborne Elite (355)
Krav Maga Agents (455)
Eldgrim the Viking Champion (485)
Isamu (495)

Round 1 – vs. Ortimus

Board = Elswin Plateu

Spoiler Alert!

Round 2 – vs. Taylor/BiggaBullfrog

Board = Shangri-La

Spoiler Alert!

Round 3 – vs. wjscaper

Board = Badru’s Valley

Spoiler Alert!

Round 4 – vs. The Dewk

Board = Caldera

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks all for the fun!

Food for thought = Somehow we should figure out a way to do a clean-up group so that the host/hosts aren't stuck putting everything way.

Last edited by DewNoHarm; February 4th, 2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old February 4th, 2017, 03:28 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

It's been a week since the tourney, so it's time to get a report pounded out!

500 points, required 50+ points hero, so I packed up x3 Stingers, x3 Drones, Su-bak-na, and Otanashi (who gets a tricky bonus from Su-bak-na! What synergy!).

Game 1, Badru Valley, Heber fielding x3 Venoc Vipers, Venoc Warlord, Fen Hydra, Marro Warriors, Zettian Guards

Spoiler Alert!

Game 2, Elswin Plateua, David and his all-hero army of Kaemon Awa, Cyprien & Sonya, Raelin v.1, Finn

Spoiler Alert!

Game 3, Risk Road, @BiggaBullfrog and the STEAMROLLER (Gladiators x3, Crixus, Spartacus)

Spoiler Alert!

Game 4, Calderra, @DewNoHarm fielding a versatile x2 Knights, Sir Gilbert, Krav, Eldgrim, Airborne, and Isamu

Spoiler Alert!

Three people had a record of 3-1, and although I had been beaten by him, the computer must've been working for Utgar, as it decided that I was first over @DewNoHarm haha MARRO FOR LIFE!

The tournament was a great time, and I had a ton of fun. Met some new people, played against some new figures (how did R&D decide to give Cyprien Stealth Flying??), and learned some new things.

I'm excited for General Wars at the end of the month!!
Old February 5th, 2017, 01:05 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I had a great time last week! Thanks so much @The Dewk for setting it up! It was great to meet up with some old faces and some who I hadn’t met yet! I’m looking forward to more of these monthlies!

Bigga’s Battle Report

Pretty simple origin story this time. I had a few armies that I was thinking about, but the morning of the tourney I had a pretty haywire morning, so I grabbed a nice, simple army I had been using for playtesting the night before. You might recognize it:

BiggaBullfrog’s Army
Spartacus 200
Cruxes 90
Capuan Gladiators x3 210
500 Points/11 Spaces

Good ol’ Steamroller. I’d been wanting to run it at a tourney just for fun anyway, and having the point total exactly at 500 helped. Plus I enjoy Steamrolling, and pure melee armies in general, so I was excited for some good games.

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

Again, thanks so much to everyone who came! I’ve got even more people on my need-to-play list, so I look forward to seeing you all again at future events and sitting across the table from you to meet in battle glorious!!

Bonus Game
(This is just a fun game that I had with True earlier today - it featured a certain moment of awesome Heroscape goodness too good to not share. Since it’s so recent, there’s a bit more detail in it.)
Spoiler Alert!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 5th, 2017, 07:31 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
True then revealed an OM on Thorgrim. Wanting to get more defense for Marcu, he decided to sacrifice Thorgrim (who was too far away from my units to do anything anyway - they were on the other side of the map) by having him jump into the lava.

And he rolled a 20.

It was probably my favorite Heroscape moment of my ’Scaping career.

So True had a Thorgrim who refused to die for the greater good, and Erevan and Marcu duked it out. At the end of the round, they both only had one life remaining, and we both had to roll for lava field damage. Both lived. Then I won initiative and killed Marcu, making True lose turn 1. Then my remaining Mohicans got within range of Thorgrim and killed the poor Viking who refused to die in molten lava. It was really funny that my Mohicans were actually shooting at someone standing on molten lava.

What a great game we play.
Hahaha I would've done the same thing if I were Thorgrim! "Wait, what? You're going to purposefully march me into molten lava..? Yeah, well, I'm not going to die just to spite you!"

Sweet report, as always, Bigga!
Old February 6th, 2017, 12:56 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

These reports are AWESOME!!! Thank you for posting them!!! Long live Thorgrim!!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:39 PM

February's event now has maps! Check it out here on the Utah Monthly page
Old February 25th, 2017, 11:04 PM

Thanks for coming out today, folks! Nice turnout, it went smooth, and I think everyone had a good time! I would love to read some reports (especially from @Scaperedude , for his perspective on the Finals Frenzy Fiasco); I'll post mine within a few days! And keep an eye on the Utah Monthly thread, as details for March event will probably come tomorrow!
Old February 26th, 2017, 06:37 PM

All right! I am very excited for this one. After having hashed out the details with a handful of others, here is what we came up with for the March Utah Monthly (see next post) -
Old February 26th, 2017, 06:37 PM

UTAH MONTHLY MARCH 2017

When: March 25th, 11 AM

Cost: $5 (100% of entries will go to prize support! And donating prizes is always quite welcome as well, of course.)

Format: A number of people said they are itching for it, so it's time for TEAM BATTLE. You and an ally will fight together to defeat your two opponents. But here's the kicker - each game your ally will change randomly! Friends can become enemies, and vice-versa (so be sportsmanlike with your opponents, as they may very well be your partner in a later game)! Remember the rules regarding "friendly" vs. "you control" - so Raelin won't do anything for your partner, but Rhogar could (and be aware that glyphs are worded so that they only work for your army)!

- 310 point armies
- 12 figure limit (extra tiles will be provided if needed)
- SoV & C3V allowed, official Marvel allowed. RotV Raelin, Major Q9, and Deathreavers banned. (I'm almost always against bans of any kind, but these 3 make team army building too easy)
- Glyphs: Initiative+8, Defense +1, D20 +1, Move +2, Wound (Wannok)
- Four 55 minute rounds
- Roll for Initiative for each side, then take turns in a "figure 8" (as it would be too advantageous if one team were to get two turns in a row).
- If you show up, and no one else is using any of the same units as you, you'll be entered into a raffle for a cool prize.

If there happens to be an off number of players (such as a 1v2 or 1v1), loaner armies and order markers for the player(s) will be provided. They will be simple, effective builds, and at least 3 will be brought to choose from. They will be posted later.

Maps TBD.

Last edited by The Dewk; February 27th, 2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old February 26th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'm curious what people thought about my maps that were used for this event?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 28th, 2017, 01:49 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
@Sir Heroscape
They all looked very nice, but I only got to play on Break In The Ice. My thoughts on the maps.... I liked it, but tactically it wasn't my favorite. We played with the snow rules which SERIOUSLY bogged down the map, and made it difficult to employ basic strategy. Also with the placement of ruins/glaciers, it almost seemed there were two many obstacles to fight the opponent. Most of the game took place skirting around the outside of the glaciers on the height. Also the way the height is placed combined with the water it makes it rather difficult to get a double spaced figure up and around the edge of the maps. (Which is where you needed to send them because of the masses of snow in the middle.) Very aesthetically pleasing, but not my favorite battle map.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as sore loser, because I did manage to edge out a win on it, but these are just some things I noticed about the maps balance. The others looked really good though!! I witnessed some EPIC battles on tree field!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old February 28th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
@Sir Heroscape
They all looked very nice, but I only got to play on Break In The Ice. My thoughts on the maps.... I liked it, but tactically it wasn't my favorite. We played with the snow rules which SERIOUSLY bogged down the map, and made it difficult to employ basic strategy. Also with the placement of ruins/glaciers, it almost seemed there were two many obstacles to fight the opponent. Most of the game took place skirting around the outside of the glaciers on the height. Also the way the height is placed combined with the water it makes it rather difficult to get a double spaced figure up and around the edge of the maps. (Which is where you needed to send them because of the masses of snow in the middle.) Very aesthetically pleasing, but not my favorite battle map.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as sore loser, because I did manage to edge out a win on it, but these are just some things I noticed about the maps balance. The others looked really good though!! I witnessed some EPIC battles on tree field!!
Oh dear...I probably should have mentioned to The Dewk that that map was NOT designed or meant to be used with the snow rules :-/ I designed it knowing that using the snow rules would make it unbalanced and not competitive...but should have put that in the notes somewhere. That's my bad for not communicating that. sorry if you're games were a little frustrating or slow because of that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers