Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 19th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: May 3, 2006 aka HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Pretty crazy how long it's been. Made and met a lot of awesome friends from this site. It's sad to see it's finally dying, for the most part. Even though I'm on less and less and pretty much only play at gencon, I don't think I'll ever lose touch entirely, or get rid of my collection.

Too many great memories.
English teacher gripe - your pronoun lacks a clear antecedent. You've mistakenly constructed this sentence to imply that this site is dying, which I know couldn't have been your intention.
I'm confused here too. I'm a new user and haven't found this site to be dead or dying at all.

Perhaps it was more active years ago, but that hardly means it has a foot in the grave. When something is built on the foundation of something great, it will continue to stand much past it's flurry of initial interest.
I disagree to a degree.

Yes Heroscape is great but there are tons of great 'things' in the world and they do not all have great websites.

Heroscape is built on a foundation of great people.

If another site like this exists let me know because I want to be a part of it.

Not only can I fulfill my creative itch by working on custom designs but Heroscapers goes way, way past that.

I can discuss anything. Anything at all. And there are not a bunch of jerks trolling just to be jerks.

Where else can you talk gaming, and tv, movies, poetry, novels, sports, politics(though this is really limited), global warming and religion and have real conversations?

It does not end there. Folks have had really hard times they have shared and according to them this site has helped because there are good people here.

Nothing compares to that.

Happy Birthday.

My biggest regret is not joining sooner. Well, that and being a jerk when I joined.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 19th, 2016, 09:11 PM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

I rarely post under any circumstances, but I still lurk daily, and there's always something to read. It's sad to see things slowing down, and the truth is that I've never really played much yet.... BUT my sons are now 7 and 4, and they're starting to show some growing interest.

My fingers are crossed, because it feels like we're on the brink of 'Scape mania blossoming in the Histoli household.
This game is so brilliant and so timeless that many of us will likely be able to live through such renaissance moments. Assuming the terrain doesn't get too fragile, of course.

Eagerly awaiting March of 2017 & August of 2019, when my little Grimnaks achieve the recommended minimum age for Master Rules...
Old May 20th, 2016, 12:20 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Seven years old??? Dawn breaks, Ace Histoli. Dawn breaks. Have fun with that!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 24th, 2016, 03:00 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I've been playing with a 5 year old lately. Here's hoping there might still be a tournament out there when he has the attention span for one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 24th, 2016, 04:52 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow. Time flies when you're not paying attention!

Unfortunately it's been a very long time since I last played HS (maybe a year? Two years??). My son is now a teen and has been lured away by the siren song of ball sports.

I'm hoping I can attend a meetup or similar and scratch the HS itch.

Cheers!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old May 30th, 2016, 04:41 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

The game that got me back into gaming and the first online gaming community that I ever joined. I had some good times on this site.

I haven't been around this site in years as I moved back to RPGs as my primary gaming focus but I have never forgot it.

My copy of Arena of the Planeswalkers arrived today and me and the kids played some scape. Not as interesting at the original but fun nonetheless.

Happy birthday Heroscapers.com.
Old May 30th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Here I am hoping that SOMEONE will pick up Heroscape, make a new master set and launch off with new figs, but still keep it to " the War of the Wellsprings". Maybe even pick up where it was stopped and create wave D4. Fantasy Flight Games would be the most likely buyer.
Old May 31st, 2016, 08:39 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Here I am hoping that SOMEONE will pick up Heroscape, make a new master set and launch off with new figs, but still keep it to " the War of the Wellsprings". Maybe even pick up where it was stopped and create wave D4. Fantasy Flight Games would be the most likely buyer.
This makes the assumption it is for sale. I would present the release of AotP as strong evidence to the contrary.
Old May 31st, 2016, 09:06 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Good point!
Old May 31st, 2016, 10:45 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'd like to point out for those who want to be elegiac about Heroscape that there are waves that have been coming out since the game was discontinued. Follow the link in my sig to the C3V/SoV Books, and you will find a large selection of units that, in my humble opinion, fit very neatly alongside all your old friends from the official releases.

The legacy of the game is currently in the hands of us, its fans. It's not dead. It's just under different supervision.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 31st, 2016, 04:34 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'd like to point out for those who want to be elegiac about Heroscape that there are waves that have been coming out since the game was discontinued. Follow the link in my sig to the C3V/SoV Books, and you will find a large selection of units that, in my humble opinion, fit very neatly alongside all your old friends from the official releases.

The legacy of the game is currently in the hands of us, its fans. It's not dead. It's just under different supervision.
In my opinion this is what makes HS actually great. The official game was great, but this effort that makes it excellent.

The idea of the game was that different warriors from different worlds, times and realities fought together. Now, thanks to people it's any character/miniature from any game, joining this game to fight for Valhalla.

Where else can you see Han Solo fighting a dragon with the help of Hulk?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News