Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old September 13th, 2008, 09:09 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: MLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Big win against the Jays tonight. Had to have that one with the pitching they're up against the next two days (double header Saturday).

Oh and when the heck did the Dodgers get 3 1/2 ahead of the D-backs? Did Arizona fall into a black hole?
It was great to see Wakefield pitch like he did, he has pitched well this season, just hasn't gotten any run support.
Just 2 games back now (we should be up a game, but I don't wanna remember that series against the Rays )
I still think when all is said and done we are gonna win the division, which we need because they definately don't want to have to go to LA for the first round.
And yeah the D-backs have really stunk up the joint lately, even Webb and Haren have been getting hit.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 14th, 2008, 05:41 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Wow 3 of 4 from the Jays for the Red Sox, did not expect that, especially with the insane pitching Toronto has been throwing out there.

The Y-----s took care of business against the Rays today too. One game back and now three in Tampa starting Monday.

I believe Dice-K and Beckett will both be pitching in the series. Need two of the games just to leave in a tie for 1st, not going to be easy apparently.

-insert signature here-
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:04 PM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Wow 3 of 4 from the Jays for the Red Sox, did not expect that, especially with the insane pitching Toronto has been throwing out there.

The Y-----s took care of business against the Rays today too. One game back and now three in Tampa starting Monday.

I believe Dice-K and Beckett will both be pitching in the series. Need two of the games just to leave in a tie for 1st, not going to be easy apparently.
yup that was huge taking 3 of 4 from a hot Jays team. I think we will be tied when the series with the Rays is over. It looks like we could be playing our best at the right time.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 14th, 2008, 10:35 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Carlos Zambrano through a no hitter!!!! In Milwaukee, as the visiting team against the Astros ( stupid hurricane...) in front of mostly Cubs fans!

Last edited by heroscaper314; September 15th, 2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old September 14th, 2008, 10:38 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Just saw that a couple minutes ago... I missed the one John Lester threw against the Royals earlier this season by one game (was at the stadium the night before).

-insert signature here-
Old September 16th, 2008, 08:00 AM

Great to see the Sox destroy Kazmir last night (13-5), but all those runs in the rout won't mean much if they can't take at least one more in this series.

Beckett vs Sonnastine tonight, they should be able to take it home again.

-insert signature here-
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper314 View Post
Carlos Zambrano through a no hitter!!!! In Milwaukee, as the visiting team against the Astros ( stupid hurricane...) in front of mostly Cubs fans!
And then Ted Lilly did it through about 5 the next day. Nuts. Cubs are looking good again.

The funny thing too is that it seems like they basically get to decide who wins the Wild Card in the NL. They have 4 games against the Mets, 6 against the Brewers, and 3 against the Cards. If they go on some crazy winning streak, it's up for grabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 16th, 2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Great to see the Sox destroy Kazmir last night (13-5), but all those runs in the rout won't mean much if they can't take at least one more in this series.

Beckett vs Sonnastine tonight, they should be able to take it home again.
That was a beautiful thing. I can almost see the noose tightening around the Rays necks. Tonight is a big night for both teams, I think if the Sox take this one then it's all but over.

Old September 16th, 2008, 08:13 PM

Red_Sox_1 is surprisingly tart

We have more depth/experience than Tampa- as long as Lowell's hip and Drew's back stay well, and no one else gets hurt we have a great shot at the division, which is a big deal... the early rounds of the playoffs really do matter.
Old September 16th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looking like a pitching duel tonight. I think this division race will go right down to the wire.

Go Sox!
Old September 16th, 2008, 10:12 PM

Bleech! Sox let one get away tonight. Tough way to lose. We need to take game 3 so we can leave with a tie.

Old September 17th, 2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Bleech! Sox let one get away tonight. Tough way to lose. We need to take game 3 so we can leave with a tie.
Yeah, that sucked. I expected that sort of performance from Kazmir and to kill Sonnanstine... eh, par for the course I guess.

Also didn't help that Bay wasn't in the line-up (wife had baby), Mark Kotsay is reverting back to the black hole that he's always been at the plate.

Hopefully Wakes contiunues his career track record at the Trop and in domes in general.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV