Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 25th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
X Minus 2 Customs Card Creator - VERSION 1.1 IS OUT

THE X-2 CARD CREATOR (X2CC)

The x2cc lets you create high quality card images for your Heroscape customs using your web browser. It focuses on ease-of-use and Hasbro-quality text rendering.

INSTRUCTIONS
1) Load the app by going to www.heroscapers.com/xorlof/x2cc.
2) Select the appropriate template, and the type in your card's text (overwriting the sample text).
3) Hit Save.

Text placement, sizing and flow issues are handled automatically. Right now you have to add in the miniature image and hitzone images in a separate program. (Loading and manipulating those graphics will be added to this app in a later release.)

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
If you use a reasonably recent browser on your phone, tablet, or computer, you're good-to-go. If you want tech support from me, use one the two most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari running on one of the two most recent versions of Windows*, MacOS, Android, Ubuntu, or iOS. (*For support purposes, I'm pretending Windows 8 doesn't exist. I will support Windows 7 and 10. I suspect it works just fine on Windows 8, but do no testing with Windows 8.)

NOTABLE CHANGES IN THIS VERSION (1.1)
- Fixed issues with Chrome/Edge not displaying card text
- Fixed issues with Chrome/Edge not allowing the template to be changed
- Dropped support for Internet Explorer. Microsoft no longer supports it so neither do I. It might still work for now (untested).

REQUESTED FEATURES on the to-do list, in no particular order
Spoiler Alert!

CREDITS
Miniature background graphics created by @Mooseman and @robbdaman . The default card text in this preview is @IshMEL 's entry in @Dr.Goomonkey 's June custom contest. Valkrill logo created by @Leaf_It . (The other general logos were sourced from various Hasbro pdfs).

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; October 17th, 2022 at 01:45 PM. Reason: version 1.1
Old October 25th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: X Minus 2 Customs Card CREATOR - Preview

KNOWN ISSUES, ETC.
-Valkrill template uses the incorrect texture.
-See also browser and operating-specific minutiae in the spoiler.
Spoiler Alert!

CHANGELOG

Version 1.1 (Oct 2022)
- fixed issues with Chrome/Edge not displaying card text
- fixed issues with Chrome/Edge not allowing the template to be changed
- dropped support for Internet Explorer

Version 1.0 (Nov 2016)
- fixed Safari save issue
- can now switch templates to create cards for any Classic 'scape general
- IE speed improvements
- misc minor bugfixes

Version 0.6 (November preview)
- added support for all major browsers, not just Chrome and Firefox
- added support for iOS, Android, and some Linux distributions
- faster card rendering
- consistent text placement no matter which browser or operating system
- regression: editing interface isn't as slick

Version 0.5 (October preview)
- initial release, supporting Firefox and Chrome only, running on Windows or Mac only, with only a Vydar template

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; October 17th, 2022 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Version 1.1
Old October 25th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Super Smurfy

Announcements archive

2016-Nov-18 - November preview released
Spoiler Alert!
2016-Oct-25 - October preview released
Spoiler Alert!

X2CC doesn't meet your needs? Maybe MSE (Windows) or HS-Cards (macOS) will work better for you. There is also an old online card creator here. Heroscape Card Catalog used to be quite popular too.

Last edited by Xorlof; November 18th, 2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old November 4th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Super Smurfy

For all both of you keeping an eye on the progress of this project: expect the November preview in the next few days. I've addressed most of the issues mentioned in the post above, except the preview will still only have the Vydar template, and it still only handles the text on the cards. On the plus side: Windows, Mac, phone, tablet--whatever browser you feel like using--it should all work consistently with the November preview.

Expect version 1 in late November which will have a high quality template for all of the generals of classic 'scape. Version 2 in December is when I plan to start handling the miniature and hitzone graphics, but I'm getting ahead of myself...

Old November 4th, 2016, 11:58 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm sure there is more than two of us following along.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 4th, 2016, 12:47 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

This is great! I'll keep an eye on your progress.

I played with fields a bit and they work well. The Render button did not work but I was using IE.
Old November 4th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I'm sure there is more than two of us following along.
Well, with obfuscatedhippo's post, I now have confirmation of at least two! (Admittedly, there isn't much to comment on yet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post

I played with fields a bit and they work well. The Render button did not work but I was using IE.
Yes, that's fixed in the next preview. I had to change how the thing works internally so that IE, Edge, and Safari are supported. That change makes my job of building templates more complicated, but I wanted support for those browsers, and it has some other benefits too.

I'll be sure to tag you when I post the preview with IE support. Officially, I plan to provide support for the two most recent versions of IE, Edge, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. In your case (IE), that means if you have IE 10 or 11, you should probably fine. Unofficially, IE9 might work too, but IE8 definitely won't (sorry Windows XP users, but you can't still download and use Firefox or something).

Old November 4th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post

And by the way, I just recalled that if you're using IE, that means it isn't showing you the correct font or font sizes in this preview! Trust me, things will look much nicer for you soon.

Old November 4th, 2016, 07:09 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Very nice! And thank you for doing this Xorlof.

Any plans for doing something similar for AotP card?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old November 4th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post

Most likely. However, Marvel/comic templates will probably come next after Valhalla. After that, the order for adding templates is up for grabs and will be mostly based on requests. AoTP templates may get moved a notch or two later in the queue than it otherwise would just because I have to deal with different card dimensions for it.

Old November 4th, 2016, 07:53 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post

Most likely. However, Marvel/comic templates will probably come next after Valhalla. After that, the order for adding templates is up for grabs and will be mostly based on requests. AoTP templates may get moved a notch or two later in the queue than it otherwise would just because I have to deal with different card dimensions for it.
Nice. I think that I like your order just fine

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old November 4th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I've been keeping tabs on this since I found out about it.

Will you add support for HoSS cards? I assume the answer is "eventually".

Btw, I almost posted in here multiple times, but it was just to say that Valkrill is spelled wrong in the preview. I assumed it was something obvious, so I never did it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software