Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Old July 20th, 2016, 10:13 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Release Schedule After Innistrad?

I know some of you out there have linked the availability of another AOTP set after Innistrad to the next MTG card set, which some have said will be out in the Fall. I didn't expect Innistrad until the Fall, so I was pleasantly surprised, now that I've got mine two months early from Amazon.com!

What is your thinking, and any new advance info, about whether we'll be seeing more AOTP product in the Fall, and what it will be? What is the theme of the next MTG set, and who are the Planeswalkers involved?

The more the merrier. I think the doomsayers who think AOTP will be cancelled have given up on that for now!
Old July 20th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Release Schedule After Innistrad?

D&G?
The return of the doom and gloom-ers?
(Gloom is such a cool word, I am going to work that in more.)

Those were good times.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 20th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

There will always be Doomsayers!

However, I think they merely pushed up the release date. I would be very surprised to see a release before Next Spring.

As for speculation I would be Awesome to see some more larger figures (especially for Green) like a giant bear or demon. That was always one of the selling points for Classic Scape for me.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 20th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Dragon!

That would be great if it was something C3V could use.
I wonder if they have any plans for current figures. I know the lack of paint will kill some right away but some may be workable.

Dragon PW!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 20th, 2016, 05:24 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

The posted release dates for the original set and the Innistrad set were almost identical, and in both cases Amazon received the product to sell well before those release date.

If there is another expansion, I expect it to be a February date with Amazon getting the product to sell around Christmas time. That would be consistent with the Zendikar expansion.
Old July 21st, 2016, 01:36 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm thinking February, and that if it includes any common units, they will be the throwaway monsters and tokens from magic, giant spiders, wolves, birds, simple common creatures.
Old July 21st, 2016, 10:26 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Very cool, I look forward to seeing what the next one brings, since I am not a magic card game player, I will be surprised at whatever it brings. Also, I am glad that this game has lived this long. It is starting to be pretty cool with the three different sets available.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 22nd, 2016, 09:51 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Hmm...

Just got an interesting answer regarding Common Squads from AoTP's lead developer

Edit: Anddddd It looks like he's deleted the tweet. Shoutouts to email notifications

Last edited by Kajoq; July 22nd, 2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old January 16th, 2017, 10:22 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

So... hmm... Febraury is almost here.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old January 16th, 2017, 04:42 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Heh heh, of course he had to delete that tweet, because of course they want people to feel pressured to buy multiple boxes!
Old January 17th, 2017, 12:14 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Heh heh, of course he had to delete that tweet, because of course they want people to feel pressured to buy multiple boxes!
Full Disclosure... He did end up re-posting basically the same tweet, but with #WOTCstaff after it (something they've been trying to do) but it was long enough afterwards that I forgot to update in the thread.

I do wish we could get a little more clarity on what's the story for AoTP though
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:25 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Its a shame, but it seems that AOTP will not be continued further! I had heard this some months ago, but was asked to keep it to myself. But like Heroscape, perhaps it will continue as a fan item. I personally picked it up as a Scape Add On, with one of each set.

I see there is one AOTP event listed with the Heroscape scenarios for next GenCon...

Will anyone make their own customs for heroes and units not covered?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News