Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 18th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter - Design Phase (Need Mini)

I think I must have misread or misinterpreted the Assisted Observation power. I think I read it to say that the Sniper can attack any figure within LOS of the Spotter, or something to that effect. So disregard my earlier comments.

That's what happens when I'm staying up way too late every night for this project and trying figure things out or test. I get crabby and stupid.

I'll be cutting back to recharge my brain cells, what I've got of them anyway.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:52 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

No problem. If, after reading it again, you still feel uneasy about it being misinterpreted, we can try to find alternate wording.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I think it's the first line there that goofed me up.

ASSISTED OBSERVATION

All Snipers you control can target figures within clear sight of this S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter for attacks and special powers even if the Sniper moved during its turn. When a Sniper you control attacks a figure within clear sight of at least one S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter, each blank rolled counts for one additional hit. When a Sniper you control rolls the 20-sided for an opponent's figure within clear sight of at least one S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter, add 1 to your roll.

I don't know if this addition below in red will work or is necessary, but it clears up what I was misinterpreting. Maybe just reading the rest of the current power through and using common sense would suffice.

ASSISTED OBSERVATION
All Snipers you control can target figures within clear sight of both them, and this S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter for attacks and special powers even if the Sniper moved during its turn. When a Sniper you control attacks a figure within clear sight of at least one S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter, each blank rolled counts for one additional hit. When a Sniper you control rolls the 20-sided for an opponent's figure within clear sight of at least one S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter, add 1 to your roll.

Last edited by Hahma; May 18th, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:05 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Which is why I had originally said I had no idea how to word that correctly. Does it still mess you up, though?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter - Design Phase

I edited my previous post with a possible change idea, but it might not be official. I know what you mean in the power now, so I don't have a problem understanding it, but didn't know if it confused anyone else. I understand how it was kind of hard to express what you mean though, it's not easy and I'm kind of low on official wording skills right now. Like I said, I need to recharge my brain with a week of decent sleep.

Perhaps we need the level 12 intellects of Griff and Bats to help out with this.

Last edited by Hahma; May 18th, 2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I really don't like the ambiguous Sniper aspect of this card. I think it should only work for S.H.I.E.L.D. Snipers, cutting out the Omnicrons and Dead Eye Dan. They don't fit with our universe. I am not saying that we shouldn't make our units "Compatible", but I personally don't like the idea of specifically boosting the Omnicrons and DED. Plus, the Omnicrons will absolutely dominate the game... no playtesting required on that, I know. Btw, the D20 aspect makes this power a bit too busy, and it really feels forced quite honestly, out of place even.

Here is my rewording.

ASSISTED OBSERVATION
All S.H.I.E.L.D. Snipers you control count blanks rolled when attacking as additional hits and can attack non-adjacent enemy figures after moving as long as the targeted enemy figure is within clear sight of at least one S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter you control.

Last edited by Griffin; May 18th, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Perhaps it should only work on Human Snipers. That way we can include Deadeye Dan, but not Omnicrons...?
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
They don't fit with our universe.
Allow me to be blunt - that is retarded. There is absolutely no reason to leave out those compatibilities, especially when there was a push to have Colossus work with Fighters.

Quote:
Plus, the Omnicrons will absolutely dominate the game... no playtesting required on that, I know.
This from the guy who just said "playtesting has its own vote and is our highest honored member." Omnicrons may be a B in the power rankings, but they really need support to even compete against something like the 4th. And that's at 100 points already for a 3-man squad.

Quote:
Btw, the D20 aspect makes this power a bit too busy, and it really feels forced quite honestly, out of place even.
It's there for Dan for now, yes, but there could be another sniper in the future that used a d20 power (even the same one). Let's not forget that Dan is ridiculously weak, so there's really no harm in this slight boost to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Perhaps it should only work on Human Snipers. That way we can include Deadeye Dan, but not Omnicrons...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
If Omnicrons prove to be too powerful with Spotters (which I highly doubt, but we'll see) we can always change the power to only affect "Sniper Heroes."
Already on it.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:07 PM

Hahma, what about:

ASSISTED OBSERVATION
If an opponent's figure is within clear sight of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter and a Sniper you control, that Sniper can target that opponent's figure for attacks and special powers even if the Sniper moved during its turn. When a Sniper you control attacks a figure within clear sight of at least one S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter, each blank rolled counts for one additional hit. When a Sniper you control rolls the 20-sided for an opponent's figure within clear sight of at least one S.H.I.E.L.D. Spotter, add 1 to your roll.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Allow me to be blunt - that is retarded. There is absolutely no reason to leave out those compatibilities, especially when there was a push to have Colossus work with Fighters.
I know we try our best to be as thematic as possible, but I think we need to be careful about this one particular aspect because the whole premise of Heroscape is centered around this not being thematic. The mixing of genres is integral to Heroscape. That's why synergy for Soldiers works on WW II soldiers, Roman soldiers, and Captain America. We shouldn't go out of our way to "correct" that aspect.
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:18 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
No, there is a reason, I don't like it. My personal preference isn't retarded, your occasional inability to to take criticism in a mature way kinda is though. As far as the Colossus thing goes, I never said that or supported it.

Quote:
Quote:
Plus, the Omnicrons will absolutely dominate the game... no playtesting required on that, I know.
This from the guy who just said "playtesting has its own vote and is our highest honored member." Omnicrons may be a B in the power rankings, but they really need support to even compete against something like the 4th. And that's at 100 points already for a 3-man squad.
I don't need to playtest it because I have already played the crap out of the Omnicrons for the past 3 years. I know that with Taelord, Captain A, height, and your Snipers, it is just toooooooo much, you should know that, and accept it. You are wrong, and that is OK, it happens. In fact, I think it may be too powerful for this unit as well, maybe even more so.

Quote:
Quote:
Btw, the D20 aspect makes this power a bit too busy, and it really feels forced quite honestly, out of place even.
It's there for Dan for now, yes, but there could be another sniper in the future that used a d20 power (even the same one). Let's not forget that Dan is ridiculously weak, so there's really no harm in this slight boost to him.
My biggest problem with that line though is that it is weighing this power down. You have the Spotters giving the Snipers 3 freaking powers in what appears to be just one. It is a lot rolled into one, I think I remember you criticizing Wolfhunter for that, and your current power looks a lot like something he would create.

Last edited by Griffin; May 18th, 2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I know we try our best to be as thematic as possible, but I think we need to be careful about this one particular aspect because the whole premise of Heroscape is centered around this not being thematic. The mixing of genres is integral to Heroscape. That's why synergy for Soldiers works on WW II soldiers, Roman soldiers, and Captain America. We shouldn't go out of our way to "correct" that aspect.
I just personally don't like our SHIELD Agents boosting all snipers, it is a personal thing. Which means I can personally share my opinion and if we go this route anyways, I can personally just not draft them together. No big deal.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library