Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 8th, 2018, 10:15 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
As Othkurik attacks a figure using Acid Spray, are the (possible) other two figures also attacked or merely "targeted to be affected" by the attack on the first figure? Specifically, is Isamu able to attempt Vanish?
I think of Vanish (or similarly Stealth Armor) as something triggered by the opportunity to roll defense dice. The extra figure chosen by Tandros, when he uses Cleave, can't Vanish because there is no opportunity to roll defense dice. Also, in the FAQ, there is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Does Lethal Sting allow a Ninja/Isamu to use Vanish or Disappear? No. When the Rechet rolls a skull on every die, the “attack phase” is over, and the figure is IMMEDIATELY destroyed. Much like other D20 destroy powers, things like Disappearing Ninja, and Stealth Armor 15 do not help against it. It’s an instant removal from the board.
So again, another example where there is no opportunity to roll defense dice after attack dice have been rolled. The wording in Vanish says to "roll defense dice normally" when it fails, which implies there was the opportunity roll them in the first place.
Just to clarify, Stealth Armor is triggered by receiving a wound for any reason (attack, special ability, falling damage, lava damage, leaving engagement, wound glyph).
Old June 9th, 2018, 12:41 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
As Othkurik attacks a figure using Acid Spray, are the (possible) other two figures also attacked or merely "targeted to be affected" by the attack on the first figure? Specifically, is Isamu able to attempt Vanish?
I think of Vanish (or similarly Stealth Armor) as something triggered by the opportunity to roll defense dice. The extra figure chosen by Tandros, when he uses Cleave, can't Vanish because there is no opportunity to roll defense dice. Also, in the FAQ, there is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Does Lethal Sting allow a Ninja/Isamu to use Vanish or Disappear? No. When the Rechet rolls a skull on every die, the “attack phase” is over, and the figure is IMMEDIATELY destroyed. Much like other D20 destroy powers, things like Disappearing Ninja, and Stealth Armor 15 do not help against it. It’s an instant removal from the board.
So again, another example where there is no opportunity to roll defense dice after attack dice have been rolled. The wording in Vanish says to "roll defense dice normally" when it fails, which implies there was the opportunity roll them in the first place.
Just to clarify, Stealth Armor is triggered by receiving a wound for any reason (attack, special ability, falling damage, lava damage, leaving engagement, wound glyph).
Oops, I stand corrected about Stealth Armor. I made a bad comparison between Vanish and Stealth Armor based on my hasty reading of the FAQ (and not re-reading the Stealth Armor ability). I need to get back to actually playing the game more often.
Old June 12th, 2018, 05:29 PM

KingOfLemurs Woo who?

Hi beginner here.. and yes its a serious question.
When do I use the front side of an army card and when the backside? Like with Charos ability counterstrike, can I defend with the nine dice displayed on the front page or do I have to defend just with the five mentioned on the back where I find the ability? Or like with SGT. Drake Alexander, front 7 defense, back 3?

Thank you in advance
Old June 12th, 2018, 05:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Welcome aboard!

The “basic” side is only for when you’re playing the basic game, as described in the rules. Don’t do that, and don’t use that side of the card. Except to see home planet.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 12th, 2018, 05:53 PM

KingOfLemurs Woo who?

Thank you very much mate! You helped me out here
Old June 12th, 2018, 05:55 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Welcome to the site!

Echoing Dad_Scaper, the Basic Game is a simple version of the game that removes much of the complexity (and, in my opinion, makes the overall game much less engaging). The Master Game (the side with the powers and abilities listed) is the full intended experience, and when playing either version of the game, you should only be using those sides of the cards.
Old June 12th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

There's another side to the cards?
Old June 20th, 2018, 02:46 PM

tbsjordan is surprisingly tart

How would you all suggest working in figures to the game? I’ve played the with the master set characters a few times and have a basic knowledge on their abilities. I’ve got a bunch of figures from various sets including Swarm and Marvel. Should I introduce them in the order they came out or does it really matter? For terrain I only have the first starter set.

Thanks
Old June 20th, 2018, 02:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

To me, it doesn't matter the order. Just pick some fun combos and go.

Stingers + Marro Hive can be good.
Tor-Kul-Na + Nagrubs is fun too.
Old June 20th, 2018, 02:58 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsjordan View Post
How would you all suggest working in figures to the game? I’ve played the with the master set characters a few times and have a basic knowledge on their abilities. I’ve got a bunch of figures from various sets including Swarm and Marvel. Should I introduce them in the order they came out or does it really matter? For terrain I only have the first starter set.

Thanks

I recommend throwing them all in together and build the best army you can from all you have available. Sometimes you may want to exclude the Marvel, but in general, they are priced (Master Points) appropriately to mix with the standard HS units.

There are two basic ways to build an army: Design or Draft:

Design
Set a points limit on the army (540 points, 700 points, etc.) and then figure out the best Units to include within that limit. Take into consideration interactions between units (bonding, etc.) when designing your army. This is the method most often used for tournaments. It can be a problem in casual play when both you and your opponent(s) want a particular unit for your army and there aren't enough to go around.

Draft
Set a points limit on the armies (540 points, 700 points, etc.) and then (following the draft rules specified in the manual), you and your opponent take turns taking units into your army until you reach your limit. You can decide (ahead of time!) whether to allow multiple commons of the same unit in a single draft pick, or require each card to be acquired as a separate pick.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 21st, 2018, 09:21 AM

tbsjordan is surprisingly tart

Cool thanks, I’ll try to draft armies of similar characters. Just didn’t want to overwhelm myself with choice but I think it should be fine
Old June 25th, 2018, 01:30 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

[ignore]

Last edited by lefton4ya; June 25th, 2018 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Whoops

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's