Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 4th, 2018, 06:29 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@itsbuzzi can you post the spreadsheet somewhere. Otherwise, we can use the Heroscape Maps Pivot Table v3.0 Originally by @GameBear , updated by @Retlaw and Gary's Heroscape site - Battlefield tables by @GaryLASQ
I have it on Google Drive. Maybe that is shareable, I have no clue.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Last edited by itsbuzzi; June 4th, 2018 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Fixed link
Old June 4th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@itsbuzzi can you post the spreadsheet somewhere. Otherwise, we can use the Heroscape Maps Pivot Table v3.0 Originally by @GameBear , updated by @Retlaw and Gary's Heroscape site - Battlefield tables by @GaryLASQ
I have it on Google Drive. Maybe that is shareable, I have no clue.
Looks shared to me!

This is a fun question. I just jumped into my own database (all my downloaded maps) to check it out and see what I would do. I think the hardest part is finding a good map that only uses Marvel + expansions. The only one that I have in my files is Hotstepper (though I usually prefer to drop the temporary glyphs for competitive play) which uses two RttFF, but I did some quick checks and you could sub one RttFF for a FotA with a little imagination (pillars as trees, finding places to fit the 7 and 9 hex castle walks). So assuming you work with that, my list would be:

Common Ground 1 RotV (solid and popular for good reason)
Ticalla Sunrise 1 SotM, 1 TJ (again, popular for good reason)
Ice Thistle 1 BftU, 1 TT
Hotstepper 1 MtCB, 1 VW, 1 RttFF, 1 FotA

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old June 4th, 2018, 11:05 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool, thank you for all the replies. I see common ground mentioned between some of you. I can strongly agree with making a RotV only map, especially because Marvel is not a terrain heavy set. Never played common ground, but I am a fan of dry season.

@ollie I've actually considered trying to do a sort of "buddy map" combo where I would create 2 maps out of 3 sets, such as using 1/2 RotV and 1 RttFF for one map, and the leftover 1/2 RotV and 1 TT for another map. Would be a cool concept, nice to make efficient use of terrain, although the only sets I would imagine splitting in half are RotV and SotM, other sets don't really offer enough if they are cut in half.
Old June 6th, 2018, 06:10 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Question on brand new packs of the Valkrill's Legion: Can anyone confirm if the copper exoskeleton markers should be in that pack or not? I just opened up three brand new packages and I did not get any of the 6 exo markers I was expecting...

I read that Wiz made a mistake?
Old June 6th, 2018, 06:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah for some reason they got packaged in one of the other boosters. My memory is telling me it was the one with the Frost Giant.

EDIT: Icewind Scourge is the name.
Old June 6th, 2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Yeah for some reason they got packaged in one of the other boosters. My memory is telling me it was the one with the Frost Giant.

Ok, that's what I had read, too. Oh well, I'll just use wound markers as replacement exos
Old June 6th, 2018, 08:31 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Ok, that's what I had read, too. Oh well, I'll just use wound markers as replacement exos
I have only one of each of those D&D sets and I think their quality assurance was much less than hasbro. I received an extra Fire elemental card and I think I have 6 copper markers along with some other color I believe. I think I also got an extra treasure glyph at one point I just recall I got a bunch of random stuff with those sets.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old June 8th, 2018, 10:29 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

I looked in the Isamu and Othkurik threads, but was rushed because I didn't want to lose continuity in our game, but here's the question.

As Othkurik attacks a figure using Acid Spray, are the (possible) other two figures also attacked or merely "targeted to be affected" by the attack on the first figure? Specifically, is Isamu able to attempt Vanish?

Case in point: My Othkurik attacked my opponent's Deathreaver using Acid Spray. I selected an additional Deathreaver and Isamu who were adjacent to the original target to be affected.

My thinking is that since I attacked the original Deathreaver, and only "affected" Isamu, Vanish should not come into play. That's using the wording on the cards, and the old rule of thumb "Do what the card says, not what it does not."

Thoughts?
Old June 8th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Any units "affected" by an attack are considered to be "attacked." In your case, yes, Isamu would get to vanish.
Old June 8th, 2018, 10:49 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Any units "affected" by an attack are considered to be "attacked." In your case, yes, Isamu would get to vanish.
Thank you. Offhand, can you point me to where you read this? I want to be able to show my opponent.
Old June 8th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Thank you. Offhand, can you point me to where you read this? I want to be able to show my opponent.
I don't think it's actually written down anywhere, it's just one of those things that everybody "knows." Some figures are "targeted" and some are "affected," but all are "attacked." If nothing else, it's worth noting that some special attacks don't target any figures, such as Mimring's Fire Line. It's still an attack, though.
Old June 8th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
As Othkurik attacks a figure using Acid Spray, are the (possible) other two figures also attacked or merely "targeted to be affected" by the attack on the first figure? Specifically, is Isamu able to attempt Vanish?
I think of Vanish (or similarly Stealth Armor) as something triggered by the opportunity to roll defense dice. The extra figure chosen by Tandros, when he uses Cleave, can't Vanish because there is no opportunity to roll defense dice. Also, in the FAQ, there is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Does Lethal Sting allow a Ninja/Isamu to use Vanish or Disappear? No. When the Rechet rolls a skull on every die, the “attack phase” is over, and the figure is IMMEDIATELY destroyed. Much like other D20 destroy powers, things like Disappearing Ninja, and Stealth Armor 15 do not help against it. It’s an instant removal from the board.
So again, another example where there is no opportunity to roll defense dice after attack dice have been rolled. The wording in Vanish says to "roll defense dice normally" when it fails, which implies there was the opportunity roll them in the first place.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's