Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old March 14th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Toys-R-Us Closing ALL Stores

If the rumors are true, Toys-R-Us will be closing all 800 US stores (not just the original 180 announced earlier).

So sad. It's the TRU bubble display that got my son and I into Heroscape. My wife saw it while Christmas shopping in 2004 and got the game for one of our sons.

(this is someone else's image, not mine)

Last edited by GaryLASQ; February 13th, 2022 at 04:44 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 08:04 PM

OldSchoolGamer is surprisingly tart
Re: Toys-R-Us Closing ALL Stores?

LOL. Me too. I actually bought it to use the terrain for other things. What was I thinking?
Old March 22nd, 2018, 10:24 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Toys-R-Us Closing ALL Stores?

I still have all my original boxes, opened of course, most still with the toys r us exclusive on them. That shows how often I would go As a kid and how much I bought. They had the best exclusives. The hell happened other than me growing up? Rhetorical question of course but seriously now.

Also bad news on top of bad news the founder of toys r us died today. Too much for his old heart to bear. Reminds me of when an older couple losses their significant other the other one isn't too far off either. Sad days indeed. Is all this buzz why the stock market is going down more often as well?

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old June 15th, 2018, 01:12 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?
Re: Toys-R-Us Closing ALL Stores

Anyone was able to spot some Heroscape stuff? I Think I'mma try and find some Saturday if it's still around
Old June 15th, 2018, 03:20 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjKniteX View Post
Anyone was able to spot some Heroscape stuff? I Think I'mma try and find some Saturday if it's still around
You are not going to find official Heroscape at Toys r us, they stopped having that merchandise many years ago. What you would find are the Magic: The Gathering counterparts. It's the closest thing you can find there, but they would be pretty cheap. Looks like Toys r us is having another round of discounts now.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old June 15th, 2018, 04:03 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjKniteX View Post
You are not going to find official Heroscape at Toys r us, they stopped having that merchandise many years ago. What you would find are the Magic: The Gathering counterparts. It's the closest thing you can find there, but they would be pretty cheap. Looks like Toys r us is having another round of discounts now.
Yeah I picked up Arena in Arkansas for 5$ for the first master set. I'm going again today in California this time and hopefully pick up a couple more
Old July 2nd, 2018, 05:15 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

Well thats it, theyre all gone (unless youre in Canada.) I still remmeber stopping at the one in Brookfield, WI and buying a full set of Flag bearers and Volcarren Wasteland, exclusives that wouldnt have existed without TRU.

Old July 3rd, 2018, 02:03 PM

UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker

Old October 7th, 2018, 04:45 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

They are making a comeback, not sure what they will do now.
Old October 10th, 2018, 07:26 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Not get my business, for one. You don't get to refuse to pay severance to your former employees, then re-open like nothing happened. I'm sick and tired of companies pulling this re-branding--and-everything's-ok-now-forget-the-shady-****-we-just-did crap.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 10th, 2018, 02:46 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Not get my business, for one. You don't get to refuse to pay severance to your former employees, then re-open like nothing happened. I'm sick and tired of companies pulling this re-branding--and-everything's-ok-now-forget-the-shady-****-we-just-did crap.
They canceled the auction during October or something. I am not sure what they plan on doing now. They are not going to re-open this month, sometime late December or something.
Old October 10th, 2018, 06:05 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I really don't care how they are coming back. I do care that they think it's OK to try to make more profit without settling their debt to their employees. I do not plan on shopping there before that happens.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General