Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Old May 20th, 2017, 12:26 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Release Schedule After Innistrad?

I don't know what to think. I guess perhaps my biggest question is what Hasbro/WotC thinks of the system. I don't know if Magic was the best lable for the HeroScape system. DnD didn't seem to rescue HeroScape either. Craig posted in the Van Ness question thread that Star Wars HeroScape was being designed. I think that would be an excellent choice, especially now that Disney has the rights and is producing like no other. With plans for a total of 12 movies and the two tv series, there is a ton to go off of. And Star Wars HeroScape would sell itself, no questions asked!

Is the end of AotP the end of the HeroScape system? If so, too bad. Is it the end of the next try and the system is destined to be reimplemented? Bring it on and RIP AotP!!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 21st, 2017, 01:30 AM

TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart

This is mind-boggling to take in.... only 3 sets (4 if you count the walmart bonus pack and trust me when I say this, Id get one just to say I TRULY have everything AotPW related.) to AotPW's resume and within two years they can it? What reason and what losses did the suits think of forecasting. Because if we remember back in November of 2010 , people were flipping out with the petitions and the threats of boycotts etc. I personally don't think it will be as widespread an epidemic as Heroscape's cancellation for two key factors:1. As previously mentioned there are/were only 3 major sets available for purchase and a lack of unit diversity considering that only 70 Official figures available for purchase and due to the lack of common squads within offering even less army-building flexibility.So most people logically due to the lack of released product have not gotten as attached to Arena as they have to its predecessor and 2. Considering that heroscape was an original IP whereas AoTPW was an adaptation based off of an entirely different form of tabletop game, most people might be more familiar with it's said source material (the card game) and have no major qualms or issues with seeing it fade into obscurity. Technically Craig Van Ness did design the core mechanics of the game I do see him doing something with the figures if he ever gets the rights to scape back after Soaring Rhino gets its wings. I.E. he would rename anything to avoid legal conflicts , provide playtesting adjust and bug out a few of the squads and at worst cases entirely rename or reword text for heroscape use (so sculpts can be recycled kind of like the dzu-teh/quasatch thing) and possibly give some alternate colors the "not"Planeswalkers. I just spouted all this off on the spot . It is bittersweet to see the second coming of heroscape leave so soon... It makes you irritated that the wizards would sack Scape V 2.0 after only 2 years while if you look at the bright side it gives you a newfound hope- A hope that the Heroscape community will become stronger than it has in years.

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248
Old May 21st, 2017, 10:14 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

At least it never sucked.

Often sprawling games begin to suck with lack luster expansions and power creep. or there is just a general glut that it is hard to manage. AoTP is a tight and playable game once you have all three sets. would one or two more been welcome? for sure, but I like tge game as it stands. I was not ready to sink a thousand dollars into a single game, but for less than a hundred I'm happy.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 21st, 2017, 10:19 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

So is aotp officially plunked. Or is this all just theory? Did they release a statement? If so anyone have a link?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 21st, 2017, 12:41 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

My source is from inside the company. Looking at D&D Scape, I further note that Hasbro HQ has previously also saddled Wizards before with a product they had no interest in developing or promoting much, with similar results. And as we all know, Hasbro hangs onto its intellectual properties like grim death, while doing nothing further with them.
Old May 21st, 2017, 01:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
My source is from inside the company. Looking at D&D Scape, I further note that Hasbro HQ has previously also saddled Wizards before with a product they had no interest in developing or promoting much, with similar results. And as we all know, Hasbro hangs onto its intellectual properties like grim death, while doing nothing further with them.
Thanks for the update. I guess we can just say, bring on the customs. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't want to buy a couple of sets to either make scape customs with or use the the squads as uncommon squads and uncommon heroes.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 22nd, 2017, 12:07 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
At least it never sucked.

Often sprawling games begin to suck with lack luster expansions and power creep. or there is just a general glut that it is hard to manage. AoTP is a tight and playable game once you have all three sets. would one or two more been welcome? for sure, but I like tge game as it stands. I was not ready to sink a thousand dollars into a single game, but for less than a hundred I'm happy.
This is more or less where I stand on it. I definitely wish we got 1-3 more sets, but after Innistrad we were left with a pretty cohesive game with a nice amount of variety available without reaching the intimidating #s of raw figures HS-proper got up to.

Having enough HS terrain around to build reasonable maps also has made a big difference in my enjoyment of the game.

I may dive in to customs a little bit more (I did a Garruk and Pack Wolves ages back) but it can just become such a balance nightmare so quickly
Old May 22nd, 2017, 01:04 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post

I may dive in to customs a little bit more (I did a Garruk and Pack Wolves ages back) but it can just become such a balance nightmare so quickly
I think this is the reason we won't see a lot of custom projects. Balancing Walkers, Cards and Figures becomes very difficult. Sometimes I'm not even sure the official design team did a good job of it.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 22nd, 2017, 07:00 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Sometimes I'm not even sure the official design team did a good job of it.
Just look at the costs of certain spell cards and it's obvious they didn't try too hard lol. Some of the 5 point cards are borderline OP while some of the 25 point ones are terrible
Old May 22nd, 2017, 07:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the pricing on the spell cards is quite strange.
Old May 24th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Considering AotP is apparently, officially done... According to my son, who's been playing it for months (since its pre-alpha release) the online PC game Shardbound is a lot like AotP. They call it a "tactical CCG game that is built for streaming". I don't know much about it. I'll try to talk my son into starting a thread for it in the Video Games subforum of the Other Games forum. His Shardbound player identity is Tandros.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; February 13th, 2022 at 04:51 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News