Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 17th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

This isn't hard, people. I spent seconds, using the power of Google, to come up with the official answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas View Post
You do not need to declare which ones moved zero before you start attacking.

Here is the official Hasbro's answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor K. of WotC
Response (Trevor K.) 02/12/2007 01:14 PM

Hey yet again [Homba]! Here's one of those updates I talked about. When Craig forwarded us the answer to the multiple common squad issue, there was apparently a bit of miscommunication or interpretation between us, and while the difference in details was small, the overall outcome of how it affects squads seems to make quite a bit of difference. Here's how activating the squad with multiple instances of the same squad in play would actually work:

a. 4 figures are activated by the order marker.
b. You reveal which figures are active by moving and/or attacking with the figures.
c. You need not designate which figures, if any, "move zero spaces."
d. You may attack with the figures you "actually moved" one or more spaces, and/or -- if you "actually moved" less than 4 figures -- attack with any "zero move" figures (which could be any among the original 8 not "actually moved"), the total number of attacks not exceeding 4 (4 being the squad size for the Mass Line).

When you move, you would move any figures you want up to the number of figures listed on the Army Card. Once you are done moving, you can now attack. Obviously, you can also only attack with up to the number of figures listed on the Army Card, but any figures that moved that turn would take up one of those (for lack of a better word) "Attacking Slots". So if you have the Mass 4th (4 figures per card), and you move 2 of them. Once you start to attack that turn you may attack with the 2 that you moved, as well as ANY OTHER 2 Mass 4th figures that would have moved 0 spaces. You do not have to decide before you start to attack which figures are attacking, since the outcome of the first few attacks may dictate who, or what the other figures are attacking.

This again gives common squads a huge tactical advantage, but the answer above is basically word for word from Craig, so hopefully there won't be any more confusion on this. Good gaming!

Trevor.
Customer Service Representative
Wizards of the Coast
So it is: Flexible Move/ Flexible Attack. Maximum Tactical Flexibility Goodness. Multiple commons haven't lost their luster.

Aranas
Note that, in that thread from 2007, people were already observing that the answer was well-settled.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 17th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Thanks Dr. Goomonkey!
Old February 17th, 2017, 08:21 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Here you go. It's stickied on the C3V/SoV thread, since it includes them.

Is there a way it could also be stickied in the Official Units thread? Administration?
The official Power Rankings list is a sticky in the Competitive Armies Discussion section.
Old February 20th, 2017, 06:10 PM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker

Is there an official ruling on checking that double spaced figures 'fit' when moving across levels? (This might be kind of hard to visualise, so let me explain what I mean)

Obviously, as per the rules, you have to be able to fit a figure onto any space they move onto or through (placing it down, checking it can be placed down with out, for example, the large gun of a stinger hitting an obstacle). But, when a double-spaced figures moves up a few levels and its front end is on the higher space whilst its back end is on the lower space, how do you check this? Do you hold the figure at an angle and make sure it fits, or just ignore it and make sure it fits when both ends are up?

If this is too confusing to understand, I'll try and provide a picture

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old February 20th, 2017, 06:49 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman1666 View Post
Do you hold the figure at an angle and make sure it fits, or just ignore it and make sure it fits when both ends are up?
Technically, I guess you'd have to do it the former way, but I've always played it the latter way. In almost a decade of playing Heroscape, I'm having a hard time thinking of an instance in which a two-spaced figure would not have fit mid-climb.
Old February 20th, 2017, 07:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think it would be more likely that you place it on the higher space with the other space above where it would go.

But I agree with Sherman that I don't think it would almost ever matter.
Old February 21st, 2017, 08:13 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

One end hanging over empty space is the correct way to check. That's how a double space figure can fit through a 1-hex hole.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:24 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not a rules question, but this felt like the best place to ask:

What's the best source of correct, copy n' pastable army card text? I'm talking about for official cards today.

I'm looking for a source where any typing errors have been corrected over time. I've spotted errors in the Hextreme spreadsheet (but that was a long time ago--perhaps they've been corrected) and recently in the Wikia Wiki. Does @GaryLASQ correct typos on his site? Thanks.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 22nd, 2017, 12:49 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I've used GaryLASQ's site when I need easily searchable text from all the cards; are you aware of errors on that site?
Old February 22nd, 2017, 12:56 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
I'm looking for a source where any typing errors have been corrected over time. I've spotted errors in the Hextreme spreadsheet (but that was a long time ago--perhaps they've been corrected) and recently in the Wikia Wiki. Does @GaryLASQ correct typos on his site? Thanks.
Yes, over time I have been correcting errors. Back in July of 2012 I made a concentrated effort to make them squeaky clean. But even still, you may find an error or three.

I started working on this new table layout, but got sidetracked. It's a transformation of the same data found on my original site. About time I get back to this and finish it...

Last edited by GaryLASQ; February 13th, 2022 at 04:55 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 01:11 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Yes, over time I have been correcting errors. Back in July of 2012 I made a concentrated effort to make them squeaky clean. But even still, you may find an error or three.

I started working on this new table layout, but got sidetracked. It's a transformation of the same data found on my original site. About time I get back to this and finish it...
Good to know. I'll use your text as a source for my project. It looks like you've even incorporated errata to hitzone images too. (Is that correct? At the very least, I noticed Mimring).

If I notice any errors, I'll be sure to alert you.

...and that new table is too cool!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 22nd, 2017, 01:53 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
It looks like you've even incorporated errata to hitzone images too. (Is that correct? At the very least, I noticed Mimring).
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof
...and that new table is too cool!
Thanks! I have more plans for it. BTW, the html file is also well-formed xml and is completely stand-alone; no external files. By using base64 encoded data urls, even the font and images are embedded along with the CSS styling.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; February 13th, 2022 at 04:53 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's