Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 17th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
If I am activating a squad, shouldn't I have to specify exactly which squad members I am activating and moving, even if one moves 0? This is something I see (and have done) all the time in online tournaments where you move one or two squad members and attack with them but otherwise you decide as you need to which remaining squad members to attack with. This is clearly done to your advantage where you have the option to attack with a certain squad member if your first attack fails but are able to switch to another engaged squad member if the attack was successful.
No, you do not have to do that. You can wait until attack time to choose which additional figures to activate. I do not remember where that ruling is, but yes, it is a ruling. And probably my least favorite ruling ever.
Old February 17th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's thematic. It's never bothered me.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 17th, 2017, 10:36 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It's thematic. It's never bothered me.
It causes all sorts of rules havoc. Remember how all the mess with Elaria got started? This.
Old February 17th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Please let's not talk about Elaria. It makes my nose bleed.

= =
Old February 17th, 2017, 11:41 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is this ruling in one of the rule books or did it come from a different source?
Old February 17th, 2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I wish I could remember. It's buried in an Editing thread somewhere where someone finally proved it to me.
Old February 17th, 2017, 12:19 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Essentially you have the ability to activate any common squad units up to the squad size. Any unit can be activated, but the activation does not occur until you do something with the unit (move or attack).

With a 3-unit squad, if you move only two units, those two have been activated. But you still have a 'floating' activation waiting in the wings. During the attack phase, you can only attack with already activated units, or, if you have any spare activations, you can choose any un-activated unit to activate at that time.

The 'Wait Then Fire' ability benefits from not activating any of the squad until the attack phase. Then any unit can be activated to shoot.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 17th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

It's been a settled issue for a long time. Look it up; find chapter and verse if you want. I don't care. It's canon.

= =
Old February 17th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
If I am activating a squad, shouldn't I have to specify exactly which squad members I am activating and moving, even if one moves 0? This is something I see (and have done) all the time in online tournaments where you move one or two squad members and attack with them but otherwise you decide as you need to which remaining squad members to attack with. This is clearly done to your advantage where you have the option to attack with a certain squad member if your first attack fails but are able to switch to another engaged squad member if the attack was successful.
No, you do not have to do that. You can wait until attack time to choose which additional figures to activate. I do not remember where that ruling is, but yes, it is a ruling. And probably my least favorite ruling ever.
Quote:
I don't see anything in a rule book or the FAQ. It's a shame the first master set did not include commons (like the second one did). If it did, perhaps the wording of the first rule book would have addressed this issue clearly. From the rule book(s) all we have to go with is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule Book
Who can attack? Any figure(s) on your chosen Army Card within Range, and with a clear Line of Sight (if necessary; see below), can attack. If no figure on your Army Card meets these two conditions, then no attack is possible.
So no mention about common squads/heroes and figure "activation".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule Book
If your Army includes two or more of the same Common Army Card, you don’t need to keep these figures separate (that is, keep track of which figures belong to which card). For example, if you’re using two cards’ worth of Marro Stinger figures, each order marker placed on either Army Card activates any three of them.
Here the term "activation" is mention, but does not explain it in detail, such as the timing of activation, which would take care of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombies of Morindan army card
Zombies of Morindan Horde Movement: You may move up to 6 Zombies of Morindan that you control each turn. However, you may attack with only 3 Zombies of Morindan. You may attack with any 3 Zombies of Morindan, even Zombies of Morindan that you did not move this turn.
Here we have something that shows a power that breaks the rule of "you must attack with what moves", but still does not address the issue of timing for figure activation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It's been a settled issue for a long time. Look it up; find chapter and verse if you want. I don't care. It's canon.
Agreed.
Old February 17th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Hey 'Scapers! Could someone either create a link to, or give directions to the Power Rankings? I can't seem to find them.
Old February 17th, 2017, 01:40 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here you go. It's stickied on the C3V/SoV thread, since it includes them.

Is there a way it could also be stickied in the Official Units thread? Administration?

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 17th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
If you did have to declare before attacking, it sure would take some shine off of squads, which would be nice.

Looks like a question for CVN. Maybe we have been playing it wrong.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's