Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 16th, 2016, 09:47 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

We finished before the other group, so 4 of us broke out a quick game of King of Tokyo. My Pandakai killed Gigazaur despite him flapping around on newly grown Wings. His Heat Vision kept our points suppressed, though, before he went down. Meka Dragon finished off Pumpkin Jack shortly thereafter, and was barely able to get rid of his -1 re-roll Gift before he did. Then Pandakai's Bamboo Supply was eventually able to fuel Alpha Monster and Intimidating Roar to take over Tokyo and win on points despite Meka Dragon basically being invincible thanks to a (redundant?) Robot Costume! I don't know all the factions in the 4-player game, but I do know Pirate/Dinosaurs won despite everyone's best efforts to gang up on them.
I have KoT myself, played it last night, and reading this, I noticed you have the expansions. I have no expansions myself, so I must ask, are they worth buying?
In my opinion, yes, at least the Power Up! expansion. It adds evolution cards that are unique to each character, giving each monster its own flavor (for example, Meka Dragon is all about extra damage, while Alienoid likes to buy lots of upgrade cards as well) as well as making gameplay a little more dynamic.

Absolutely agree with this. I won't play KoT without it now.
Old October 16th, 2016, 09:50 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like it with Power Up and without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 16th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I like it with Power Up and without.
So do I. Power Up adds theme, but if you want the monster fighting experience in a faster, simpler package, it's good without it, too.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 22nd, 2016, 02:44 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

I've played way too much Risk in my lifetime, and played about a dozen or more different versions (some versions many many times, others only a couple of times). A friend of mine bought Risk Europe and we played it a couple of weeks ago. Loved it! It just might be my favorite version, which is saying something after only playing it one time. Looking forward to playing it again, and again, and...
Old October 22nd, 2016, 03:20 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
I've played way too much Risk in my lifetime, and played about a dozen or more different versions (some versions many many times, others only a couple of times). A friend of mine bought Risk Europe and we played it a couple of weeks ago. Loved it! It just might be my favorite version, which is saying something after only playing it one time. Looking forward to playing it again, and again, and...
I may have to pick that up. I really liked both 2210 & Legacy.
Old October 22nd, 2016, 06:41 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Eight new promo scoring terrain cards just distributed at Essen for Cry Havoc are now up on bgg so you can add them into your games. I'll be putting then into my first 4 player games this week!
Old October 22nd, 2016, 04:10 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I may have to pick [Risk Europe] up. I really liked both 2210 & Legacy.
I like them both also. Very creative/innovative versions from Rob Daviau with help from Craig VN (2210) and Chris Dupuis (Legacy). I've done the full 15 game campaign on Legacy and played 2210 about 15+ times as well.

It looks like Risk Europe is a solo design by Austin Rucker. And it is solid with great mechanics. You really need to plan ahead with using the King's Orders cards; timing (when to use which card) is extremely important. Plus I love the fact that the defender can react to an invasion (maybe bring in more troops) before the attacking begins because of the way the rounds are structured. The "ranked attack order" is pretty neat.

It also looks like Austin is kinda stepping in for Craig now that he has left Hasbro. Austin helped out Craig and James D'Aloisio with both 2015 Risk: Star Wars edition and AotP: Shadows Over Innistrad. (Risk: Star Wars edition is fun, but not great in my opinion. I discovered if you are the Empire, there is really only one viable strategy ... flood space with tie fighters to protect the Death Star without wasting any time on Endor, or fighting Luke, or using the DS primary weapon. Hopefully Austin's involvement with AotP means it has life after Craig. )
Old October 23rd, 2016, 06:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Finally got done with the Warthogs for Halo Ground Command.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 23rd, 2016, 08:14 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome job as usual Hahma! An especially good job on the windshields. Did you have to mix to get that color?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 08:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Awesome job as usual Hahma! An especially good job on the windshields. Did you have to mix to get that color?
Thanks Keglo

For the windshields, I base coated it with Army Painter plate mail. Then I put several coats of Army Painter blue tone ink.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 23rd, 2016, 10:40 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Should be playing a pal's new copy of A Game of Thrones: The Iron Throne (FFG) Tuesday. Based on their Cosmic Encounter.
Old October 25th, 2016, 12:01 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Finally got some people together and got to play Seafall this weekend.

SeaFall x3

Played the prologue and the first two games. We are only playing with three players as I couldn't get enough interested parties together, but that's alright as we've been loving the experience as is right now anyhow. I am incredibly pleased with the game still right now and am loving it. I can't stop thinking about what I want to do and accomplish. Part of it is simply that I do love Legacy mechanics and would like to see continued good Legacy games come out. But I also do like the game of SeaFall. I would tell all those who were getting slightly worried about tepid reviews from some reviewers to ignore them. This is a great and fun experience that many gamers will really enjoy. (It is a pretty heavy game, so I do think it's probably best for somewhat experienced gamers).

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games