Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 4th, 2007, 11:29 AM

darth_stalker Woo who?
What will be the fate of Rise of the Valkyrie?

With the release of the new master set, will the first one still be carried in stores? I would assume so since so many have pointed out that this is not a collectable game. If they rehash some of the MS figures and not all of them latecomers could still get them but how much shelf space is the average Target or Wally world going to give HS in favor of its tons of other games? I'm not as excited as a lot of others are about the new master set just because I'm not through gathering the terrain that comes with Rise of the Valkyrie yet. Swamp terrain, some sort of marro terrain, yeah, that would be awesome but I still need plenty of grass, rock and sand too.

Help me doctor, I think I have hypochondria!
As the Chinese zombie said..."Blains!"
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:33 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Well I am p-s-yed about this MS, but it isn't going to relpace the old MS becuase you can always use grass whereas I don't see much use for marro terrain. I plan on getting three to five. Not a horrible amount. So no, I don't think it will replace the old MS.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
I am inclined to disagree with you there. The general trend with toys is this: once the newer version comes out you stop using the old version. I do not see why Heroscape would be any different.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
I am inclined to disagree with you there. The general trend with toys is this: once the newer version comes out you stop using the old version. I do not see why Heroscape would be any different.
Heroscape isn't a "toy" its a game.
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:58 AM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Heroscape isn't a "toy" its a game.
^Yeah, what he said.

Old February 4th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Because it will be a completely different version. It will not have better figures, just different ones. It allows for many different options.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:10 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
theres a new master set
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:12 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Maybe the Marro Swarm will become the "only" master set and they will then sell the original MS terrain and figures separately.

That would be cool.
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:14 PM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
theres a new master set
Dude, have you been in a cave? ...on marrs? ...with no internet connection?

Yes, we've all been buzzing about it for the past couple of days...ever since the interview/podcast with Craig anyway.

Old February 4th, 2007, 12:18 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Craig did a podcast??
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:19 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
umm well you see i dont know where you can here those or read those so i dont really know any off the info or stuff that happens when you do interviews could you maybe tell me then i culd learn more about what were talking about
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:20 PM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Maybe the Marro Swarm will become the "only" master set and they will then sell the original MS terrain and figures separately.

That would be cool.
Yeah, it would be cool for those of us who have been playing along time and have an extra four or five trays of master set figs tucked under every bed in the house but for those who enter the game late it wouldn't be so cool becuase I'm betting the master set figs would cost more that way. You figure, you go to pick up 30 figs from expansion sets and you would be paying $40.00 for that alone and getting very little terrain included. Master sets give you the most for your money by a long shot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion