Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dalek Armor power do you like best? (See the OP)
Armor Option 1 0 0%
Armor Option 2 1 11.11%
Armor Option 3 0 0%
Armor Option 4 5 55.56%
Two Shield Defense 2 22.22%
Tough 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 5th, 2018, 04:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Doctor Who Workshop

I'm not really following this conversation very closely so perhaps what I'm about to say has no bearing on the discussion or has already been brought up, but I just wanted to point out that Kang the Conquer can have multiple copies of himself in the same army due. Perhaps look at his cards, the first of which was an Uncommon Hero version.
Old October 5th, 2018, 05:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am simply going off of what you have stated has actually happened. Basing powers on what a character could do but has never done or done rarely is not a great procedure.

For the Doctor, those team-ups are iconic moments in the series. The Master it sounds more like it has happened a couple times and they were not monumental.

I think Master regeneration is the way to go and if you want some sort of team-up, put that on the one or two cards it is most thematic for.
Old October 5th, 2018, 06:34 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I am simply going off of what you have stated has actually happened. Basing powers on what a character could do but has never done or done rarely is not a great procedure.

For the Doctor, those team-ups are iconic moments in the series. The Master it sounds more like it has happened a couple times and they were not monumental.
Okay, I see where you're coming from better now, thanks. I guess I'm coming from the angle that the big draw of the Master's character is that he's a dark equal to the Doctor and has the same capabilities. Because of that, I'd like to keep them consistent when possible, personally.
Quote:
I think Master regeneration is the way to go and if you want some sort of team-up, put that on the one or two cards it is most thematic for.
As of now, I don't think any one Master has an iconic enough team-up to warrant a power on their card, just like I don't think any Doctor has an iconic enough team-up to risk cutting out another more iconic power.

However, if we could find some easy and official-sounding way to use Secret Identities to get multiple Masters on the battlefield, I'd be 100% in support of that. It wouldn't sacrifice design space, and it would keep consistency with the Doctor, which is really what I'm striving for.
Old October 8th, 2018, 06:52 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Any thoughts one way or another on changing the Cybermen’s class to Invaders?

Subjugators is probably a better description for the Cybus Cybermen, but Invaders is going to give consistency and allow for future synergy.
Old October 9th, 2018, 02:31 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Well they don't exactly invade...more conquer. They quash any and all resistance harshly and then subvert you into being one of them.
Old October 9th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Well they don't exactly invade...more conquer. They quash any and all resistance harshly and then subvert you into being one of them.
Yeah, I agree. I think Subjugator, like I said, is a really apt descriptor of these Cybermen. (Probably not all Cybermen, but we can burn that bridge if we ever cross it.) I guess my question is, is it worth sacrificing that accurate class in exchange for starting to develop a synergy web? I don’t think Invader is an incorrect description, just maybe not as correct.

Last edited by MrNobody; October 9th, 2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old October 9th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Yeah, I agree. I think Subjugator, like I said, is a really apt descriptor of these Cybermen. (Probably not all Cybermen, but we can burn that bridge if we ever cross it.) I guess my question is, is it worth sacrificing that accurate class in exchange for starting to develop a synergy web? I don’t think Invader is an incorrect description, just maybe not as correct.
If it's a fitting synergy web, then, IMO, yes.
Using Invader for future 'evil alien' synergy provides a beautifully pulpy feel, and really makes me wish the Skrull were Invaders...

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 9th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Skrulls are gonna have their own synergy web eventually, though, so missing out on some of the more general 'evil alien' stuff is okay in my book.
Old October 9th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Just A Head

I think I'll change it to Invader, but I'm not 100% sold. I'm seriously thinking of any more characters from DW or elsewhere, that could bond with Invaders because that sounds really cool.

I've made some changes to the Eleventh Doctor that I like better.
Spoiler Alert!

I replaced Wibbly-Wobbly with Fast-Talking, because I think it's both a cooler mechanic, and because it feels more accurate to the Doctor than some abstract time mechanics power.
Now that Wibbly-Wobbly wasn't being used as a power name, I changed Timey-Wimey to Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey to get the full phrase in there.
I also removed the X OM requirement. I did this for mechanical reasons mostly, as the current draft for the 1st Doctor has a power that already uses the X OM after his death. However, I also thought it would be cool if Twelve had an X OM power as well. As the first incarnation of a new cycle, it makes sense he would have similarities to the 1st Doctor, and that maybe they wouldn't play as well together. The counterpoint, I guess is that they are two Doctors that met in the show, so maybe they should play well together. Idk, just a thought.
Old October 9th, 2018, 07:58 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Reverse Time is cool. Fast Talker looks worrisome.
On its own it could be OK but in combo with other defensive powers it could be an issue.
Old October 9th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Reverse Time is cool. Fast Talker looks worrisome.
On its own it could be OK but in combo with other defensive powers it could be an issue.
What if it was limited to himself and companions only?
Old October 9th, 2018, 08:23 PM

That would be much better.
Have you considered Temporal Defense for one of these?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy