Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 15th, 2015, 02:41 PM

Lucace knows what's in an order marker Lucace knows what's in an order marker
Question How were Heroscape figures painted?

Does anyone know the technique used to paint the official heroscape figures?

Lucace is a Tagawa Samurai...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old April 17th, 2015, 04:58 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: How were Heroscape figures painted?

Old April 25th, 2015, 12:36 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

I always wondered too.

Considering the price of oil and the tumble it's currently taking, I always thought it was said that higher plastic prices lead to the end of big plastic games like HS (and other companies as well)...not to mention the painted figures!

From the beginning, I was never really impressed with the quality of the mass produced figures, but now that I look at my collection in retrospect, they're works of art. Where are you going to find that kind of quality at that price ever again? I don't think you will. We were in a boom of sorts back in the mid 00's, and didn't even know it

We know it now, though.

I honestly can't see a bunch of child labour used to paint these figures, but what machinery could do such intricate work like what some of the HS figures have? You'd think handpainting would be a part of it, at least in some small sense.

I can't think of any games today that have painted figures like HS and Mageknight (among others) did.
Old April 25th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I can't think of any games today that have painted figures like HS and Mageknight (among others) did.
Heroclix are still being released
Old April 25th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Heroclix is a wanna-be HeroScape.
Old April 25th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

But it has come up with some very interesting models.
Old May 9th, 2015, 09:58 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Speaking with a little authority here, I can tell you oil prices have very little to do with costs. Most of the costs (over 2/3) is labor for paining. It's an assemble line where everyone has a brush stroke or two and it just goes down the line. It's why painted minis are almost always made in China or overseas. We could actually make the minis for about the same costs unpainted in the USA (I think Reaper does in fact) but if China labor jacks the price up by x3 imagine what US labor would cost. It would literally make them unsaleable as a single figure would be upwards of $10+ (and that's for 1 medium sized creature!).
....Andrew (auggie)

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old June 17th, 2016, 12:13 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

I can't imagine the soul-crushing drudgery it would take to be cog on that painting assembly chain. Really.
Old June 17th, 2016, 03:31 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

There're videos around showing how Krosmaster Arena is painted in work lines. Hasbro being bigger, I bet this was on larger scale with younger people.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion