Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 10th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sixth Annual Texas Team Tournament

Sixth Annual Texas Team Heroscape Tournament

The Results of the Sixth Annual DFW Team Tournament:

1. James + DrLivingston = Team DragonFest (3-0)
2. R˙chean + R˙'s Nephew = DiaDeLosToadies (2-1)
3. Dignan + BroInLaw = Team Live Badass (2-1)
4. LightBringer + LBBro = TeamNoVelenne (2-1)
5. CheddarLimbo + Labrhat = Car RamRod (1-2)
6. Tmac2200 + Tmacdad = Team MacdaddyT (1-2)
7. Stacysensei + Kirk = TeamMostWanted (1-2)

(Army Lists at end of thread.)

Date & Time - Saturday, April 14th, 2012. High Noon

3000 Custer Road
Plano TX 75075
972-943-8135
(We'll be in the annex two doors south of the main store.)

Sponsors:
Madness Games and Comics - These guys are awesome and Chris, the owner, is really helping us out with the free use of the annex. So, go spend the money you saved on the entry fee on their incredible selection of games! (They even have Toc Toc Woodman!)

Cost - Free!
(But we get no pizza. Sorry, Tmac.)

Prizes - participants are not required to bring prize table items, but you can if you want!!
  • Road to the Forgotten Forest (donated by DrBro)
  • JAB Realtime Boxing-NIB (courtesy of Cheddarlimbo)
  • Arkitechteron-NIB (dumped on an unsuspecting public by CheddarLimbo)
Event Parameters:
  • Fixed Teams: Same teammate all day; same army all day
  • No marvel or custom figures
  • Points = 610 pts per team, up to 70 pts shared - One player on the team can control up to 80 more points than the other player. (I.E. Player 1 = 340 pts, Player 2 = 270 pts or any combination in between)
  • Team start zones of 28 hexes, shared.
  • Glyphs only affect the units of the teammate that controls the glyph.
  • Army card that say "you control" are considered to say "friendly" instead.
  • Each team will NOT be able to have more than one of any unique army card.
  • Each team's army can only contain ONE unit from the restricted list below. For example, if one player has Raelin neither that player or his team mate can field any other figure on the restricted list in their army.
  • Team members cannot field the same common army card.
  • Team members will stand side by side as per the standard rules for the purposes of initiative.
Restricted Units List:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps & Glyphs:
Treasure glyphs: Attack, Scarab of Invulnerability, Heal 3 wounds, and Disengage.
All traps will have a map specific affect on the game. See each map description for trap details. 1-5: trap effect, 6+ take the treasure glyph.
Power Glyphs: Move, Initiative, Wound, Defense, and Healer
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
1. BroInLaw + DrLivingston = Team DrBro
2. Dr. Weirdscaper + ????? = Team Viridian Dynamics!
3. Tmac2200 + Tmacdad = Team MacdaddyT
4. Dignan + ????? = ?PuppetMaster?
5. R˙chean + wisinger = Drunken Hobos
6. LightBringer + ????? = Pierre Despereaux
7. LBBro + LBSon = MasterP and Lil' Romeo
8. CheddarLimbo + Labrhat = Car RamRod
9. Stacysensei + Kirk = TeamMostWanted
10. jaramillohector + Moonwalker = TeamBrewmeister
11. Rym + Bogg = ArlingtoniansUniteForScape!

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; April 15th, 2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: No range +4. Sorry.
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sixth Annual Texas Team Tournament

Three big changes from last year:
  1. Start zones are shared.
  2. Teammates are side by side, instead of caddy-corner
  3. Army card that say "you control" are considered to say "friendly" instead.

The last one is the big one. We think the restricted list will control the insanity. But we might be wrong... Chime in if you come up with anything really broken.

Like our last event, this one is free. Thanks, Madness!

If you want to donate something to the prize table, let me know and I will add it to the list of goodies in the first post.

The restricted list is pretty set. If you have a quibble with it, speak up. (Unless it's Anubianwolf about Kaemon Awa. He's called Kaemon Awesome for a reason, Anubian...)

Dignan's working hard in his map lab for the event. If anyone else has a map they'd like to see used, post it up. We will have all new maps for the event. All the maps will have at least 2 treasure glyphs with trap effects unique to the map.

And away we go!

Attendees:
1.BroInLaw + DrLivingston = Team DrBro

Last edited by DrLivingston; February 24th, 2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

GENTLEMEN...

I'm in.

Attendees:
2. Dr. Weirdscaper + ????? = Team ?????

And I'll bring a special map if that's ok.
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Attendees:
2. Dr. Weirdscaper + ????? = Team ?????
3. Tmac2200 + Tmacdad = Team MacdaddyT

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society." ~ Mark Twain

Last edited by Tmac2200; February 10th, 2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: No pizza? Noooooooooooooo........
Old February 10th, 2012, 06:49 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll be there. Podwest is gone, so I'll have to drum up a team mate, but I've got a few in mind.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 10th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Super Doopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Podwest is gone, so I'll have to drum up a team mate, but I've got a few in mind.
Run! Run while you still can!

Last edited by DrLivingston; February 10th, 2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Those poor bastards...
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:18 AM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Not sure of my partner this go-around, but I'm in.

I'm getting fired up again!

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If teammates are sitting side by side, then shouldn't the start zones for Basalt Cathedral be changed (they are caddy-corner on the map) just to avoid any confusion?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Super Doopa

Yeah, I don't know what is going on there. It might be that the shared start zones ARE caddy corner, but the players will be side by side. Which would work. I'm sure Dignan will be along to explain...

Old February 11th, 2012, 02:21 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

What? just freaking flip them.

It is rather absurd to sit side by side and have you army start on the other side of the map. If flipping the zones is unacceptable, perhaps older maps are in order or some fresh news ones.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; February 11th, 2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: .
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, to be fair, I did think about 'just flip 'em' before I posted the initial post, but I haven't played on this map, and wasn't sure if that would create any type of balance issues.

Truth is, I have to play on maps before I notice balance issues on them. I do not have that inherent trait that lets one look at a map and tell if it's balanced right away or not, like you, Dignan, and DrL. I mean, sometimes yes, but most times, no. There it is.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:27 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
If teammates are sitting side by side, then shouldn't the start zones for Basalt Cathedral be changed (they are caddy-corner on the map) just to avoid any confusion?
Rob just grabbed a map from last year where we sat caddy-corner. That's why the start zones are off. If he really wants to use that, we can probably just flip the start zones. However, I thought he wanted fresh map...

I'm sure Rob is probably just confused and thinks that map from last year is the one I built last week even though they are totally different.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events