Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old December 27th, 2007, 09:44 PM

elphiecoyle has disabled reputation
-=HeroScape Equipment=- SUGGESTIONS WANTED

WEAPONS + ARMOR + ITEMS IN HEROSCAPE

The following is the *first draft* of a HeroScape Equipment Mod I've been compiling. This can be used as a stand alone, or as part of "The Ultimate HeroScape Experience" once its up to par with the other mods.

I would *greatly appreciate* any and all comments/suggestions/criticisms (yes even those!)

I'd love to get cards and glyph mods done up so brickman1444 in particular let me know if ure on board, as your cards were certainly the best I've seen.

Cheers,

Elf.

-=ElphieCoyle=-

Contribute to the -=Ultimate HS Experience=- http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=14865
Old December 27th, 2007, 09:55 PM

-= HeroScape Equipment=-
Version 0.4
A ruleset that adds Equipment in the form of Weapons, Armor and Items to enhance options and tactics within HeroScape.
• Equipment can only be equipped to non-dragon Hero’s.
• Limit of 1 of each type per hero (Weapon, Armor & Item)
• Glyph representations of equipment are laid out pre-game either side up (depending on how you want to play) and/or drafted whilst choosing characters. Feel free to create “Treasure Chests” of items by stacking them one on the other (preferably glyph side down).
• Layout and explanations are as follows

Layout:
Equipment Name: Speaks for itself.
Equipment Type: Weapon/Armor/Item, remembering limit of 1 of each.
Restrictions: These characteristics must be met by the stats on the card to equip the item.
Abilities: What the Equipment entitles you to, note that as with Glyphs, any increases/decreases of stat values do not affect special attacks.
Draft Cost: The Cost to draft this card during character choices.

-------------------------

Equipment Name: Rocket Launcher
Equipment Type: Weapon
Restrictions: None
Abilities: Explosion Special Attack Range 9 Attack 2 - Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Explosion Special Attack. This creature only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll 2 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defence dice separately. This creature can be affected by his own Explosion Special Attack.
Draft Cost: 25

Equipment Name: Arctic Warfare Magnum (AWP)
Restrictions: Range 4+
Abilities: “Boom! Headshot!” Special Attack Range 12 – Roll 20 Sided Die, if a 15+ is rolled, then the attack is considered to have 6 skulls. Defender rolls defence dice normally
Draft Cost: 50

Equipment Name: Zangetsu
Restrictions: Range 1, Size Medium or larger.
Abilities: +1 Def, +2 Att. “Getsuga Tenshō” Special Attack Range 7 – The attack value of this attack is equivalent to the attack value of the Hero it is equipped to.
Draft Cost: 70

Equipment Name: BroadSword
Restrictions: Range 1, Size Medium or larger
Abilities: +1 Att, -1 Move
Draft Cost: 20

Equipment Name: LightSabre
Restrictions: Range 1
Abilities: +1 Att
Draft Cost: 35

Equipment Name: Tauren Hide Leather Armor
Equipment Type: Armor
Restrictions: 2 or less def
Abilities: +1 Def if attack rating of opponent is 3 or less
Draft Cost: 15

Equipment Name: Mithrill Chainmail Armor
Restrictions: 3 or less def
Abilities: +1 Def if attack rating of opponent is 5 or less

Equipment Name: Golden Platemail Armor
Restrictions: 4 or less def
Abilities: +2 Def -1 Move

Equipment Name: Bulletproof Vest
Restrictions: none
Abilities: +2 Def against non adjacent attacks.
Draft Cost: 40

Equipment Name: Light reflective microfiber stealth battlesuit
Restrictions: none
Abilities: +2 Def and cannot be targeted by non-adjacent normal attacks.
Draft Cost: 70

Equipment Name: Light Healing Potion
Equipment Type: Item
Abilities: Restores +1 Heath by discarding, after moving, before attacking
Draft Cost: 10

Equipment Name: Greater Healing Potion
Abilities: Restores +3 Heath by discarding, after moving, before attacking
Draft Cost: 35

Equipment Name: Jetpack
Restrictions: Range 1, Medium Size
Abilities: Gives Flying

Equipment Name: Bubble Shield
Abilities: This hex and all adjacent hexes cannot be targeted by non adjacent characters until the end of the next round.

Equipment Name: Endurance Potion
Abilities: + 8 movement for this turn by discarding, before moving

-=ElphieCoyle=-

Contribute to the -=Ultimate HS Experience=- http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=14865
Old December 31st, 2007, 09:32 PM

Since this is still in the Alpha stage, I'm hoping to get some HS'rs suggestions...

-=ElphieCoyle=-

Old December 31st, 2007, 09:36 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Here is the problem with weapons and equipment....since all the characters are from different times and worlds it is impossible to think that one can use the weapons and equipment from another.

I'm not pooping on your idea ..I am just saying it is not realistic...the glyphs work because they enhance the abilities of the individual figures abilities.
Old December 31st, 2007, 09:44 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Onacara, the restrictions will be the hardest part to make.They will need to be more specific to each card. Like the rocket launcher can only be used by soldiers. I also think there should be infinite use and one use equipment. Other than that, I like the idea. I can get to work making these if you want.

6 x 9 = 42

Old December 31st, 2007, 09:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback and I'd suggest that the whole idea of HeroScape was to bring people from all periods and places together, and that giving them different Equipment from different periods and places isn't too much of a stretch of the imagination. Nonetheless I'll add some kind of story backdrop to satiate ure concern ie (just off the top of my head):

"The Valhallian Wars have raged for quite a while now and the generals were looking for some new idea that would turn the tide of battle. They discovered that bringing items and weapons from different time periods too less energy than entire beings, and that they could teach their already loyal followers the usage of these Equipment with ease. The already deadly Sylvarris become a Hero Killing machine with the AWP. Alistar McDirk with a Greater Healing Potion, stayed alive and slashing even longer. The Valhallian Wars would never be the same again..."

-=ElphieCoyle=-

Old December 31st, 2007, 09:52 PM

Brickman, If u'd like to start creating cards that would be *awesome*!

-=ElphieCoyle=-

Old January 1st, 2008, 12:08 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Hmm... perhaps you should sort the official races into categories. For example:
Humanoid: Humans, Marro, Orcs, Elves, etc.
Quadrepedal: Dragons, Deathstalkers, Wulsinu
Handless: Deathwalkers

And you could make restrictions based on that. A sword for a giant could be Huge Humanoid Figure. This could be used by Krug or Jotun. As for "a human couldn't use a Marro weapon!" and other complaints... that's the fun of it! Teaching Deadeye Dan to use a katana is the whole reason we have equipment!
Old January 1st, 2008, 12:11 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
What you could do is actually make races be able to use all of the weapons of that race.

So Heavy Gruts could use the bows of the Arrow Gruts and the swords of the Blade Grut with an adjustment to the range/attack on both
Old January 1st, 2008, 01:59 AM

johnny thanks for the ideas.

The restrictions of all items is already heavily there as any Equipment can only be used by Hero's (enhancing the idea of it being "HEROscape") and can't be used by dragons. (this automatically rules out races that only have squads: Deathstalkers, Wulsinu)

I thought the idea of the Deathwalkers having weapons was plausible as they are machines and should be able to retrofit any weapons to their bodies.

I do love adding more flexiblity to the weapons and will be changing some weapons to reflect this ie:

Equipment Name: BroadSword
Restrictions: Range 1, Size Medium or larger
Abilities: +1 Att, -1 Move (IF SIZE OF FIGURE IS MEDIUM)

What do u think and any more suggestions for Equipment? Would like to have about 30 when this goes to print.

-=ElphieCoyle=-

Old January 1st, 2008, 04:34 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
For more on equipment see...

There is a thread somewhere with a very detailed gear system. It was quite well done. Someone here has a copy of the file:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=14817

My own custom thread has a lot of equipment for Doc Savage and for Violet from the "Ultraviolet" movie:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...er=asc&start=0

There have been quite a few attempts over the years with equipment and spells on separate cards. Some better than others. The trouble with just putting a price on a gear card is that that piece of equipment is not worth the same for 2 different figures. Give Deadeye Dan a 10 point jetpack is not the same as giving it to one of the Gladiators. Just as giving a flyer a high range weapon has more value than giving that same weapon to a ranged character.

What seems to work best - in my opinion - is to give specific characters gear made for them and that way the points can be balanced.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old January 1st, 2008, 02:24 PM

Pallindromemaster has disabled reputation
I like equipment and stuff, but I think it;s just too hard to balance. For example, putting the Light reflective microfiber battlesuit on Kaemon Awa makes him incredibly powerful, especially if I also gave him a jetpack. True, he's now worth 205 points, but he can:

-Fly around
-Range 7 attack
-Quick Release Special Attack
-Not be attacked from range
-Counterstrike with 6 defense!

At this point, i'd be flying from high ground to high ground raining death on just about everything. And if Kaemon DOES get engaged, with that much counterstrike he's really pretty safe. I dunno, equipment just seems kinda iffy to me... But if you can make it work, that would be awesome!

"Genius and Madness are Seperated Only by Degrees of Success" - Sidar Jabari

Pallindromemaster's Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions