Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 10th, 2007, 11:23 PM

gbsnplyr has disabled reputation
romans or gruts?

which units would you recomend? im going to be buying about 2-3 of whatever i decide on.
(of yeah if this a purly oppinion based then just lock this )
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:25 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Look in the books to find the better ones. However, i would say grut because of better bonding.
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Why don't you look for these types of answers in the Units forum?

Old September 11th, 2007, 10:41 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Gruts mainly so you have a bonding unit for Grimnak and so he can fully use his abilities.
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It really depends on how you play if you have other sets or like the idea of the shield wall go with the Romans but if all you have is the original master set than go with the Gruts. It all depends on your game play and How your gameplay will get better If you get this set.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:04 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Try playing with multiple squads of each using proxies. This will allow you to see which ones you like better.
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:55 PM

gbsnplyr has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will T
Try playing with multiple squads of each using proxies. This will allow you to see which ones you like better.
i will defenitly try that. thanks for the advice.
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM

Silver1327 has disabled reputation
Strangely enough this was the same thing I was thinking. I'm getting Gruts because of the fact that I have two orc leaders and one squad of heavies. As somebody said to me from Recruit Con
Quote:
"If you have Orcs, get Orcs."
Old September 12th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Answer the following questions with a yes, a no, or a number!

a)Do you have the Wave 1 hero pack?

b)Do you have the Wave 2 hero pack?

c)Do you have any Knights and Swog?

If you answered Yes to a) and Yes to b), but no to c), go with Romans.

If you answered No to a), go with Gruts.

If you answered Yes or No to a), Yes to b) and >=1 to c) go get yourself some Gruts!

If you answered No to everything, go rectify that first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:58 AM

ICOOLDUDE has disabled reputation
Romans, no contest (but that's just my opinion).

ICOOLDUDE is the Venoc Warlord in the PLATINUM CAVE!
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICOOLDUDE
Romans, no contest (but that's just my opinion).
One of the main reasons I wouldn't suggest Romans without knowing anything else is that the Archers are pretty lackluster. Furthermore, if he doesn't have Marcus Decimus Gallus, and maybe even Me-Burq-Sa, even the Legionnaires aren't that good. They're very good if you do have those two hero packs though. I suppose they could bond with Ne-Gok-Sa, but my playstyle tends to be a bit more aggressive.

Assuming that he's got a Master Set, the blade gruts will give Grimnak something to bond with. He and Tornak become a lot better with a little squad of Orc Warriors running around. Arrow Gruts are one of the most powerful and versatile units in the game if you've got Krug and some Swogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 12th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
1 of each and buy a third one you don't have , or go from the gut, who do you enjoy using more.

I use them both a lot. I find I will get a bigger swarm of the orcs, so I would get more of them in the long run.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion