Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 2nd, 2008, 07:31 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wave 8 Info Revealed

This is a combined effort of Jexik and me.[Thanks Rev]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouseGames
Here are the descriptions I received:

Heroes of the Molten Sea: Moriko’s Phantom Walk power allows him to stealthily move through your opponent’s figures. Sir Dupuis can add additional moves to his attacks, while Otonashi’s tricky personality may allow her to move additional spaces. Chardris’ Fire Strike may increase his attack moves, while Kato Katsuro’s Battlefield Control power can activate a squad to aid in an attack. This pack includes 5 painted figures and 5 army cards.

Soldiers and Wolves: Power your army with these brave warriors! Wolves of Badru’s Pounce Special Attack packs a punch when used against your enemies. Plus, their special climbing ability may double their height in an attack. The 10th Regiment of Foot may use their special Melee Defense to add an additional hit to any defense roll. This pack includes 7 painted figures and 2 army cards.

Marro Cavalry: Ride into victory with these brave warriors! Bold & brave Grok Riders may summon any Marro Warlord into battle before taking their turn. When attacking any figure which is adjacent to a Marro Warlord, Grok Riders are also able to use their Mark of the Warlord power to add 2 to their attack roll. This pack includes 3 painted figures and 1 army card.

Elves: Add these enchanted heroes to your army! Emirroon’s enchanted aura allows you to take a turn with up to two of Ullar’s unique elf wizards. Arkmer’s Staff of Lerkintin and Jorhdawn’s Rain of Flame allow you to increase your defense rolls based on the number of Elves you control, while Ulginesh can summon additional elf wizards to aid in an attack. This pack includes 4 painted figures and 4 army cards.

Maybe you've already seen the information on Aquilla's Alliance and Ticalla Jungle, but if not....

Aquilla’s Alliance: With his coil crush attack ability, the Hivelord, Wo-Sa-Ga can inflict damage unto his opponents. Gurei-oni can attack two figures with his Tetsubo special attack. Zetacron’s deadly shot can add an additional hit for each skull rolled, while Zelrig’s majestic fires will wreak havoc on common squad figures. This pack contains 5 painted figures and 5 army cards.

Ticalla Jungle: Add additional challenges and obstacles to your Master Set and build your own battle scenario. Block an opponent’s path with jungle trees and jungle brush pieces, or send a Fyorlag spider on their trail. The spiders’ special power can triple their height when climbing, while their Entangling Web ability could paralyze their opponent. This pack contains 6 jungle brush pieces, 3 jungle trees, 3 spiders, 1 army card, game and scenario guide.
This came straight from Sandra.

Jexik's speculation

Okay, time for some rampant speculation!

Heroes of the Moltarn Sea: Moriko and Otanashi sound pretty self-explanatory. Moriko will have Phantom Walk, and Otanashi will likely have some form of Vanish or Ninja Disappear. What is the precedent on past hero packs for telling all of the abilities? I suspect that the one in green [Otanashi?] will have Double Attack.

I think Dupuis and Kato might be largely unchanged from what we saw before. The wording is weird on Dupuis, but his abilities are difficult to explain quickly.

Chardris' special attack sounds a lot like Bloody Hungry or Rapid Fire Special attack. Perhaps it will require a d20 roll to keep attacking instead?

The Marro Cavalry, the Grok Riders [not GRok], have the most clear description it seems. Marro Warlord Bonding, and an attack bonus when attacking anything adjacent to a Marro Warlord. Different than the old Marcus/Gilbert bonus of the attacking figure having to be adjacent to the hero- it's now on the defending figure.

Emirroon seems to have taken the early version of Ulginesh's power that we saw before, and Ulginesh now seems to have some form of attack bonding with one wizard per turn- I don't think the word 'summon' is as literal as Saylind's ability. I find it interesting that Emirron's ability specifies Ullar Wizards, which suggests that some Wizards already out, or perhaps down the line will not be Ullar. Arkhmer and Jordhawn's abilities seem to have been lumped together, and I have a feeling that they aren't the same, but I could be wrong.

DISCLAIMER- Not all info is correct and has some problems with the text. This is from an early text given by Sandra that she got a lot earlier.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 07:42 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Can't wait for the Jungle pack!

Old April 2nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Cross link
Old April 2nd, 2008, 07:48 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Crap! I will have to look at what time they both were posted.
Edit:Well that did me no good.
Admin can you please delete one of them.If you can't decide just get ride of mine.

Old April 2nd, 2008, 07:49 PM

grizz Woo who?
It all looks great, I can't wait for this summer.

Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Edit: Cropped to reduce redundancy. I'm probably most excited for the Marro Cavalry, although all the uniques will be nice to have too.

I realized that I didn't say anything about the Redcoats and Wolves. Melee Defense 1 sounds identical to the Gladiatrons' power. I'm guessing that the pounce special will be very similar to the one that the Yari and Zombies have. Or it could be some kind of ranged attack that each gets to use. Maybe it will finally bring the Lob rules back? Attack 2, Range 3, Lob 6? It certainly seems intriguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:04 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
I'm going to get additional moves to my attacks! Yes!!
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Whoops, didn't mean to create a redundant thread, although I figured it would happen. Anyway, I had some ideas about what I expect from the units.

Okay, time for some rampant speculation!

Heroes of the Moltarn Sea: Moriko and Otanashi sound pretty self-explanatory. Moriko will have Phantom Walk, and Otanashi will likely have some form of Vanish or Ninja Disappear. What is the precedent on past hero packs for telling all of the abilities? I suspect that the one in green [Otanashi?] will have Double Attack.

I think Dupuis and Kato might be largely unchanged from what we saw before. The wording is weird on Dupuis, but his abilities are difficult to explain quickly.

Chardris' special attack sounds a lot like Bloody Hungry or Rapid Fire Special attack. Perhaps it will require a d20 roll to keep attacking instead?

The Marro Cavalry, the Grok Riders [not GRok], have the most clear description it seems. Marro Warlord Bonding, and an attack bonus when attacking anything adjacent to a Marro Warlord. Different than the old Marcus/Gilbert bonus of the attacking figure having to be adjacent to the hero- it's now on the defending figure. I'm really looking forward to how these guys will play out with MBS and NGS!

Emirroon seems to have taken the early version of Ulginesh's power that we saw before, and Ulginesh now seems to have some form of attack bonding with one wizard per turn- I don't think the word 'summon' is as literal as Saylind's ability. I find it interesting that Emirron's ability specifies Ullar Wizards, which suggests that some Wizards already out, or perhaps down the line will not be Ullar. Arkhmer and Jordhawn's abilities seem to have been lumped together, and I have a feeling that they aren't the same, but I could be wrong.
Being that we made the thread at the same time I thought your suggestions should be part of the first post.
So I added them!

Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:22 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Yee ha!
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:35 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
More cheap ninjas! Yay!
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Finally some marro that bond with marro warlords!

Please keep signatures short.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Edit: [not the post I thought I was responding to ] .
So what do you think about the Regiment? Is it just a kind of Counterstrike? Maybe limited to only a single skull?

The Wolves might have a power like the Kozuke, or it may allow them to gain an additional attack bonus from height? Plus it sounds like somehow their adjusted (climbing) height can figure into their attack, not sure what that means (unless it allows them to attack as Large--i.e. against the door--when they are only Mediums)...odd.

The Grok sound excellent--the Marro Warlords needed that, imo.

I agree that the elves powers sound a bit mixed up. Rain of Flame doesn't sound a lot like a defense roll bonus to me... The idea of increasing defense with the number of elves is inviting--defense is their weak point (and even Gwyn would be worth more if she added another def bonus for her small points). I am confused with the possible shift to Ulginesh (and to Emirroon).

I like your reading of Chadris. I was confused by "attack moves," but that makes sense. Could even be a kind of Frenzy, but based on wounding or killing something (as you suggest).

This is a great teaser--definitely not quite enough info, but plenty to get us (more) excited...

EDIT: You cropped your message after I started replying--and you added the Regiment in. I think the idea is a Bayonet--therefore I wonder if it isn't something that causes damage (like a Counterstike, but weaker--or with a d20 roll).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion