Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old March 18th, 2008, 12:49 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Has anyone ever played MORIA? It is a unix based game that was designed around 84. It is a dungeon adventuring game based loosely on Tolkiens mines of moria where the main point in the game is to eventually become powerful enough to kill the Balrog. Absolutley one of the most addicting games of all time.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old March 18th, 2008, 03:34 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squitter The Spider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris
(Ephraim for brawl!!!)

No lol.

why not though we are still waiting for the game, it was delayed again right(no thank god)
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey
Exoddus was good too, although maybe a bit too easy (and less frustrating) with the addition of Quicksave.

I actually hate GTA and the Elder Scrolls games. I get bored in those open sandbox types of games. I like 'tired' linear, story-driven games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nothing wrong with liking a different kind of game, Jexik. Those wide open games aren't for everyone.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Nothing wrong with liking a different kind of game, Jexik. Those wide open games aren't for everyone.
Next thing I know you're going to tell me that it's okay if people have differing political opinions.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:51 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
For what it's worth I do think there is a definite distinction between video gameS and computer games. I'm not, however, going to suggest that one is better than the other. But I think of games like Civilization, Sim City, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc as computer games because they require the use of pull down menues and some degree of text entering. When I think of video games I think of all the ones already mentioned here (GTA, the EA sports games, Halo, Mario, etc). So to me the distinction is more based upon the type of game rather than the platform it is played on, since there are many video games that have been ported to the PC, and a few that have gone from PC to console (The Sims comes to mind.)

Anyway, I'm definitely not up on the latest and greatest in video gaming, but here's a list of some that I've enjoyed over the years, with no real claim that they are better than any other games.

Atari 2600 - Starmaster, Pitfall 1 & 2, Adventure, Spy Runner (it used two joy sticks at once), and Warlords (especially with four players)

Game Cube - NFL Street 1&2, Burnout (I'd love to play the later versions too), Sarge's War.

Game that I don't have but have played that I think deserve a mention are DDR (yeah, I know, but it's still a fun party game) and the whole Guitar Hero/Rock band thing.
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

DDR is great fun. People look like idiots when they're playing it, but they're happy idiots.

Quote:
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
So if computer games aren't video games, what do you call the group of games that includes video and computer games? I can see differentiating between console games and computer games, but aren't they all video games? And if they're not all video games, what are they?

Not trying to stir the pot. Just curious, really.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:46 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
So if computer games aren't video games, what do you call the group of games that includes video and computer games? I can see differentiating between console games and computer games, but aren't they all video games? And if they're not all video games, what are they?

This is why Pong is the best game ever...there is no great Pong Controvesy.
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Like I posted previously, I like to use the term, "Electronic Gaming". It seems like a better fit, though I realize that EGM has already tapped the phrase to some extent.
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:36 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie
WAAAY back in the day I played the old floppy disk computer games like
Quest for Glory
Ultima V and VI
Champions of Krynn
Dark Knights of Krynn and
Dark Queen of Krynn.

Anybody remember those? I had to hide the latter from my Mom because of the busty picture of Takhisis on the cover.
I had all 3 Krynn games for my Commodore 64!!!(I'm a 1981er) I loved them and Curse of the Azure Bonds. I had more Dragonlance games too, one was way to hard, Dragons of Flame I think, and the other one you flew on the dargons clawing and using breath weapons.
Old March 19th, 2008, 12:17 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:

I guess by definition a video game is one played using a video screen of some sorts. And all video games use a computer of some sorts as well, even if it's not a PC. So all of the games listed in this thread fit both the definitions of video game and computer game.

And what about games that I haven't seen listed here, such as all of the video arcade games, video poker and slots, and maybe even old handheld games like Mattel's baseball, basketball, and football games from the late 70's/early 80's (can't remember exacty when they came out). Then there are all of the computer versions of board games. Are they now "video games" and "computer games" too? How about Vassal?

Hmm...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games