Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 27th, 2017, 04:52 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
If HA1 attacks a figure, and then HA2 attacks the same figure, will HA2 get the bonus on the first attack? As written, probably not. But it might be interesting (and go along with your "focused assassin") to have it work that way. Perhaps something like, "if a Hive Assassin attacks a figure that has already been attacked this turn, it rolls one additional die."
That is pretty tempting but I think it could get out of hand quickly. (3->4)x2 is pretty good, but 3->4->5->6 is a little too devastating for my tastes, and dropping their base attack down makes them too weak against squads. Maybe I can put a one die cap on it (3->4->4->4), but I'd have to consider the wording. I was otherwise contemplating a flanking type power for them but it didn't feel right with only a two figure squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Second is a naming issue. To me, "Hide In Plain Sight" means "blend in with the crowd." But your power works in the opposite way, as the Hive Assassin wants to be far from the madding crowd and all that. I don't know what else you might call it -- Mantis Camouflage? But I'd suggest renaming that power.
Yeah, I was riffing on the D&D ability of the same name that assassins get. It doesn't strictly speaking work that way but I was interested more in the game play (better defense against range, vulnerability to getting swarmed, stalking off on your own). Here it is taking the plain sight literally, with the theme that you are easier to pick out when you are standing next to other people. I'm open to another name, but Mantis Camouflage doesn't feel right.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards