Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 29th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

I've only read the first 3 arcs (the Court of Owls two-parter and then the Death of the Family). I don't think there's really much to look into besides the main book, though. Batman Eternal is to be avoided.

The only New52 Supes I've read is Coming of the Supermen, which is an absolutely bizarre read. It's fun, but only because of how strangely written it is.

I'm optimistic about Rebirth. Despite some doubts over whether editorial is really going to stop messing things up, I'm psyched about Tom King on Batman and Rucka's return to Wonder Woman. I'm not going to play catch-up with earlier New 52 stuff right away, though. I'll read Azzarello's Wonder Woman and the rest of Snyder's Batman eventually, but I'm in no rush.
Old March 29th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, King on Batman is 90% of the reason I'm interested. Lex Luthor's as Superman and the new Chinese Superman both sealed the deal, though.

And glad to have an excuse not to spend $60 on Batman Eternal!
Old March 29th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Batman, Wonder Woman, Deathstroke, and All-Star Batman were the highlights of the Rebirth announcements for me. Potentially also interested in Flash and Superman (especially since they're reinstating pre-New52 Superman as their main Superman), but they might not make the budget.
Old March 29th, 2016, 08:02 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Any New 52 Superman recommendations would also be appreciated!
The few New 52 Superman books I've read have been pretty terrible in my opinion (though the only New 52 stuff I've liked has been the Court of Owls stuff in Batman really), but I'm not much of a comic guy or that big a Superman fan.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 29th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Symbiotic

I have heard good things about Superman: American Alien. But otherwise, the New 52 seems to have been rough for Superman, gauging by people's reactions. I think the fact that DC is going back to the classic version of the character speaks volumes.
Old March 29th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Honestly, I don't think there's been a truly great in-continuity Superman story in a long, LONG time. In the past decade at least. When people give you the list, it's always All-Star Superman or Red Son or Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? and so forth.

I feel like the character really doesn't lend himself well to the drawn out, decompressed storylines that are in vogue for superhero comics nowadays. He's best in self-contained stories.
Old March 29th, 2016, 09:22 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I've heard that Pak's run on Action Comics is solid, but I haven't personally read anything with New 52 Superman.

The DC Rebirth announcements do have me interested as well. I'm totally in for Rucka coming back to Wonder Woman. I think the plan to have two separate arcs will make the whole bi-monthly thing work well. I''m also interested in Detective Comics, mostly for the cast (Stephanie Brown! Cassandra Cain! Tim Drake! Clayface!?). Tom King on Batman is big news too, though I may wait for the trade on that one. Superwoman Lex-as-Superman is intriguing as well.

I will say though that with all their talk of 'legacy' with these announcements, the lack of a JSA or Legion of Superheroes book is majorly disappointing.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 29th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Symbiotic

I wouldn't be surprised if they had those guys waiting in the wings. Geoff Johns isn't writing any of the announced Rebirth books (besides the Rebirth one-shot). There's no way he's writing nothing, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a JSA book or something else that they're holding back for now.
Old March 29th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
So, I'm looking into Scott Snyder's Batman run, since I'm on the DC Rebirth train. Anyone familiar with that run? I know to buy the regular Vol 1-9 but beyond that I'm a bit lost.

Any New 52 Superman recommendations would also be appreciated!

(...I feel like no one has read any New 52...)
Some of the New 52 books I recall enjoying for one reason or another were:

Quote:
Batman (Courts of Owls and Death in the Family were great)
Justice League and Aquaman by Geoff Johns
Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello
Batman: Detective Comics (started out rough but got better)
Batman/Superman by Greg Pak
Nightwing (had some good issues)
And if you wanted to try out a Superman book from the New 52, I recommend Superman Unchained by Scott Snyder and Jim Lee (there were a lot of delays but you don't have to worry about that now.)
Old March 31st, 2016, 08:35 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 31st, 2016, 09:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That's fantastic.
Old April 1st, 2016, 05:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project