Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 2nd, 2016, 12:20 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

I've been doing some closer examination of the Centaur Archer, and I'm no longer so sure if it is single or double spaced. I did not realize how small other double spaced heroscape units were. Anyway, I took some pictures:

Compared to Deathwalker 800 and a Grok Rider:

She looks like she's right between 6 and 7 tall.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 6th, 2016, 01:55 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's a new squad for Utgar. These are the Plague Stage 2A from Deadzone. The miniatures are supplied unpainted and may require assembly.

NAME = Marro Hardscales
GENERAL = Utgar
PLANET = Marr
SPECIES = Marro
CLASS = Guards
PERSONALITY = Menacing
SIZE = Medium 6
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 Figures)
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 90

MARRO OVERLORD BONDING

Before taking a turn with Marro Hardscales, you may first take a turn with any Marro Overlord you control.

SHIELDING SCALES
If a Marro Hardscale is adjacent to a Marro Overlord you control, that Marro Overlord has no visible Hit Zone.

OVERLORD TRAINING
Marro Hive cannot Rebirth Marro Hardscales with its Marro Rebirth special power.

Marro Hardscales are the honor guard to Overlords, protecting their masters with their very lives. In Marro fashion, they have been genetically engineered and grafted with a massive metal carapace that allows them to shrug off the hardest blows. When next to their overlord, they use this to defend them from any ranged attacks. The shielding comes at a cost, however, forcing them to move slowly across the battlefield.

Unfortunately the faces for the figures are not quite right. If anyone were to get the figures for this squad, I'd highly encourage them to modify the figure to give it the faceless quality that the marro are so iconic for. Otherwise they are an obvious patch on Tul-Bak-Ra, providing him with a solid bonding option. Their slow pace couples well with his Teleport reinforcements and their shielding can protect him from further ranged attacks once they are there. They are most threatening for their very high defense which should prove them to be a hearty squad that can wear down the enemy. I have another overlord hero in mind that they should also play with nicely.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!
Old January 6th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hardscales: They don't look like Marro to me but they are supplied unpainted so with the right paint job and some modding they'd fit right in. I do think it's challenging making a squad that helps Tul-Bak-Ra since he's such a weird figure who does so many things, and if you do indeed make another Overlord then these guys will only get better with time.

~TAF, who never saw anything wrong with Marro Warlords

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 6th, 2016, 05:02 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
I've been doing some closer examination of the Centaur Archer, and I'm no longer so sure if it is single or double spaced. I did not realize how small other double spaced heroscape units were. Anyway, I took some pictures:

Compared to Deathwalker 800 and a Grok Rider:

She looks like she's right between 6 and 7 tall.

I recently based another Centaur (the Mage Knight Centaur Shaman) which has a similar design (front two hooves rearing / salient), and while it could fit on a single base, my rule of thumb is, with all 4 hooves down, would it still fit on one hex? That's a matter of taste rather than a rule, but I think it's, well, salient in this case.

I like this design a lot, but I'm not sure why "Point Blank" only works against non-adjacent figures. Wouldn't an adjacent figure actually be a point blank shot?
Old January 6th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was bored, and made these to see how they might look with a Marro paint job.

The photo I photo shopped him into was taken from the gallery, and originally posted (and I assume taken) by basilmichael.
Old January 6th, 2016, 05:42 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
I recently based another Centaur (the Mage Knight Centaur Shaman) which has a similar design (front two hooves rearing / salient), and while it could fit on a single base, my rule of thumb is, with all 4 hooves down, would it still fit on one hex? That's a matter of taste rather than a rule, but I think it's, well, salient in this case.

I like this design a lot, but I'm not sure why "Point Blank" only works against non-adjacent figures. Wouldn't an adjacent figure actually be a point blank shot?
I could see her going either way but I'd put her on a peanut if I were going to base her, if for the design alone. The Non-adjacent clause for Point Blank is mechanically motivated more than anything (I want going close to be appealing but too close to be dangerous). Thematically I'd say wielding a bow when engaged is difficult although most of Heroscape ignores ranged weapon penalties that you see in other games (I like to think that they use a secondary weapon more often than not in melee).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Hardscales: They don't look like Marro to me but they are supplied unpainted so with the right paint job and some modding they'd fit right in. I do think it's challenging making a squad that helps Tul-Bak-Ra since he's such a weird figure who does so many things, and if you do indeed make another Overlord then these guys will only get better with time.
They definitely would require modification from the images shown. Tul-Bak-Ra isn't great but it's amazing how much everything is made better with bonding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
I was bored, and made these to see how they might look with a Marro paint job.
They look better with the paint job, but the biggest hurdle for me is still that face. I'd want to make sure it still had that Marro quality. Nice work in any case!
Old January 6th, 2016, 05:45 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Dropping by...

Their faces look a little human-ish compared to the rest of the species, but that shouldn't stop them from being Marro.

Tul-Bak-Ra has a human-ish face (IMO) and he's still an awesome looking Marro unit. As long as they have the fleshy/boney features that Marro usually have I think it's good, the skin discoloration doesn't really bother me.

Nice unit overall, I really like Shielding Scales.

'SOTM INDEX
кактус джек
Old January 6th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

Nice design on the hard scales.

I don't think 90 points makes them overly broken with the hive. The drones and stingers work very differentry and let's be honest the hive could use some help.

also with bonding your OM will be on these guys most of the game until tul-box dies anyway.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old January 10th, 2016, 12:10 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
For this game the chosen Companion's class is Companion instead of Beast.
This is really clever.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 10th, 2016, 12:22 PM

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

I like your Ranger cycle, and most of the single-power wave was pretty good too. Nice work.

--
--
Old January 11th, 2016, 12:38 PM

To finally finish the cycle, here is Valrkill's ninja (I have made one for Aquilla here).

This is Oniwaban from Infinity. The miniature is supplied unpainted and requires assembly.

NAME = Hinoken
GENERAL = Valkrill
PLANET = Human
SPECIES = Cyborg
CLASS = Ninja
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 2
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = 80

PHANTOM WALK
Hinoken can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

UNSTOPPABLE BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3.
Move Hinoken up to 5 spaces in a straight line. All figures Hinoken moved through during this special attack are affected by Unstoppable Blade Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Hinoken cannot use Unstoppable Blade Special Attack if he did not move through at least 1 figure.

Hinoken was human ninja long ago. In Earth's future, his body was recovered and he was revived as a cyborg, augmented by advanced machines to heighten his abilities and ward him from attack. He is infamous for his "burning" blade, super-heated metal that he uses to slice through his targets. In battle, he charges straight through the enemy and cuts down all those that stood in his path.

The color for the picture shown may be a little off but that would be patched with painting. This Valrkill ninja is an inherently swingy unit with his high defense and extremely low life. A lucky shot or whiffed roll will kill him outright but he can potentially hold well against low attacks. His special attack may be less versatile than Kumiko but he can use it after moving. This means he can potentially use it as a means of a hit and run, though that comes with the inherent downside of being harder to hit more enemies. It has some unfortunate thematic peculiarities, such as opponents getting height advantage if he moved to a lower space and for it to be considered a ranged attack if he moved away from them. It should still let him hit the likes of The Varja since it doesn't require clear sight at least.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ixe; January 11th, 2016 at 03:02 PM.
Old January 11th, 2016, 01:05 PM

Very cool special attack!

--
--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards