Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 31st, 2014, 11:02 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Unicorn (Design/Brainstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Okay, so here's what we're looking at for power archetypes:

1) Healing Power (non-Glyph)
2) "Unicorn Hunt" Reward and/or Curse (non-Glyph)
3) Treasure Glyph
4) Carry (General or Specific)
5) Teleportation/Warping Power
6) Evasion Ability
7) Galloping Charge
8 ) Legendary Creature X
9) Disengage/Phantom Walk

Am I missing anything? I'll call a vote on these tomorrow if not.
Uhhh... all looks to be in order there, chief.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; December 31st, 2014 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Quote
Old December 31st, 2014, 11:11 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm good with that
Old January 1st, 2015, 09:46 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:

3) Treasure Glyph
6) Evasion Ability
7) Galloping Charge
Legendary Creature X

10) A Power similar to Kumiko's Ninjutsu Barrage, but for 6-8 spaces. I don't think it falls under any of these, except possibly Evasion.
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:28 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:

3) Treasure Glyph
6) Evasion Ability
7) Galloping Charge
Legendary Creature X

What type of vote? How would the vote work?

Happy New Year!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:41 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

3) Treasure Glyph
6) Evasion Ability
7) Galloping Charge
Legendary Creature X

What type of vote? How would the vote work?

Happy New Year!
I believe we probably put our hands up for the ones we want. Probably we each get the pick the three we think are the best, and the top three will be what we go with.

Happy New Year indeed!

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:50 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Even a variation of Whirlwind Assault would be more useful, and interesting in a 2-space figure, than Galloping Charge. How about changing that category to something like Special Attack Power, and we can discuss what kind if there is a consensus concerning including one on the Unicorn's card?
Old January 1st, 2015, 12:03 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
10) A Power similar to Kumiko's Ninjutsu Barrage, but for 6-8 spaces. I don't think it falls under any of these, except possibly Evasion.

Er... Why ?? ^^ thematically speaking, I can't see the point.
Also, generally speaking, we can't make an odd-job unicorn... When I read all these ideas... why ? We have to make choices and it's obvious that the unicorn will have a healing power. Considering this, it seems useless trying to get also a complicated power like a specific carrying, a charge or an evasion ability (knowing that these abilities are well-known for their word consuming "competence" ^^). More over when there are powers like disengage, tough or Legendary creature that are both simple and complete some parts of the theme (hard to catch unicorns).

To finish, just my point of view about the horn linked to an attacking ability like galloping charge.
I have some trouble to see the unicorn using his horn to fight when this one is mostly used and known for its magical ability and healing power.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; January 1st, 2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old January 1st, 2015, 01:52 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Er... Why ?? ^^ thematically speaking, I can't see the point.
Also, generally speaking, we can't make an odd-job unicorn... When I read all these ideas... why ? We have to make choices and it's obvious that the unicorn will have a healing power. Considering this, it seems useless trying to get also a complicated power like a specific carrying, a charge or an evasion ability (knowing that these abilities are well-known for their word consuming "competence" ^^). More over when there are powers like disengage, tough or Legendary creature that are both simple and complete some parts of the theme (hard to catch unicorns).

To finish, just my point of view about the corn linked to an attacking ability like galloping charge.
I have some trouble to see the unicorn using his horn to fight when this one is mostly used and known for its magical ability and healing power.
Looking over the unicorn canon, I take your point on theme. Otherwise, the various categories of powers being suggested, including mine, include mostly minor variations from, or exact copies of, existing powers, and would not be unduly "word consuming." The trick will be choosing/combining them in a thematically consistent, concise, and uniquely and entertainingly playable package.
Old January 1st, 2015, 02:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Okay, minor update and we're good to go!

3) Treasure Glyph
6) Evasion Ability
7) Galloping Charge
8) Multi-Attack Power
9) Legendary Creature X
10) Disengage/Phantom Walk

HOW THIS WILL WORK: Like the C3G poll, you can rank up to three of these powers. First place gets three points, second gets two, third gets one. So, for example, I would post this:

First - 11) Flying
Second - 16) Lava Resistance
Third - 13) Mind Shackle

(Using powers that are actually on the list, obviously!)

After a little while, two or three days, we'll have our ranked list. It won't be "top three powers are on the card;" that'd be dumb, particularly with powers that would overlap. Instead, we'll workshop whichever power comes out on top. If, say, Mind Shackle won, we'd work together to make some sort of "take over an opponent's figure" power work out. Once that's done we can put the call out for more specific drafts, and have the rest of the list to work from. If Lava Resistance comes in third, but Flying comes in eighth, drafters will know that Lava Resistance is the more popular power!

Anyways, that's the general plan. VOTE NOW!
Old January 1st, 2015, 03:22 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

First - 1) Healing Power (non-Glyph)
Second - 3) Treasure Glyph
Third - 4) Carry (General or Specific)

My votez

Last edited by Shiftrex; January 1st, 2015 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Formatting;
Old January 1st, 2015, 05:54 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Okay, minor update and we're good to go!

3) Treasure Glyph
6) Evasion Ability
7) Galloping Charge
Multi-Attack Power
9) Legendary Creature X
10) Disengage/Phantom Walk

HOW THIS WILL WORK: Like the C3G poll, you can rank up to three of these powers. First place gets three points, second gets two, third gets one. So, for example, I would post this:

First - 11) Flying
Second - 16) Lava Resistance
Third - 13) Mind Shackle

(Using powers that are actually on the list, obviously!)

After a little while, two or three days, we'll have our ranked list. It won't be "top three powers are on the card;" that'd be dumb, particularly with powers that would overlap. Instead, we'll workshop whichever power comes out on top. If, say, Mind Shackle won, we'd work together to make some sort of "take over an opponent's figure" power work out. Once that's done we can put the call out for more specific drafts, and have the rest of the list to work from. If Lava Resistance comes in third, but Flying comes in eighth, drafters will know that Lava Resistance is the more popular power!

Anyways, that's the general plan. VOTE NOW!
Just to clarify, is this vote's intention for us to put our top 3 powers we want to see, or our top three choices for what sort of power we'd like to see the design built around (i.e. I'd really like it to be built around X but failing that Y and failing that Z)? If the first one, my vote would be:

1) Treasure Glyph
2) Evasion (though Legendary Creature X is a close second so if other people generally prefer that idea then that's still awesome)
3) Carry (General or specific)

which I personally think altogether would make for a great healing, carrying hero support figure/evasive yet deadly combat figure whose powers could be hunted and scavenged that feels just right for a unicorn and could be done simply. If the latter, my votes would be:

1) Treasure Glyph
2) Healing Power (non-Glyph)
3) Evasion

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; January 1st, 2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old January 1st, 2015, 06:18 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

First - 1) Healing Power, Non Glyph
Second - 2) "Unicorn Hunt" Non Glyph Reward/Curse
Third - 3) Teleportation/Warping Power, Or Stealth Flying

I think the unicorn should be a crazy teleporting healer that could dish out pain with something like Galloping Charge or something else.

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards