Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 27th, 2013, 03:37 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: June 29 Western PA bi-monthly - Planet Wars

So we're up to 16 participants, because Andy dropped and Perrin and lefton4ya are in. Hooray!
Old June 27th, 2013, 06:20 PM

lettucemode Woo who?

Thread's all updated. Have fun, guys!
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:29 PM

Mr. Pi the Math Guy is surprisingly tart

My +1 is a last minute situation because of his work schedule. I won't know until tomorrow am if he is going to make it.

Either way, I will not be getting there closer to start time. My boards are already built, so I will just need to transport them into the building when I arrive.

I am stoked to play in this Bi-Monthly tourney.
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry I haven't posted. I will not be there. There is another event closer to me tomorrow. I would have liked to play with you guys, but an 1-1/2 hour drive vs. a 4+ hour drive is a big deal. Maybe next time. Have a blast you guys!

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:24 AM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

Can't wait to see you guys there! Best of luck to everyone.

P.S. Rudy, I'd say may the Force be with you but I guess more appropriate is “hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:23 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey guys, I know it's late, but does anyone have 2 extra death chasers for Perrin?
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:18 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

I am leaving a little later than I wanted, but we will be there. I will bring 2x Death Chasers.
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:39 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

About to leave. Assuming Nirek or Vigeon will bring the Sidhe, otherwise I will proxy. I also need the card too. Looking forward to it.
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:51 PM

Thanks for a great tournament everyone!

Here are the final standings:

1. Nirek (5/0, 2400 pts)
2. Hosey (4/1, 2218 pts)
3. rudyvalentine (4/1, 1833 pts)
4. Mr Pi the Math Guy (3/2, 2104 pts)
5. Trollbrute (3/2, 2025 pts)
6. Sara (3/2, 1999 pts)
7. Perrin (3/2, 2977 pts)
8. Heroscaper2010 (3/2, 1827 pts)
9. Nick (3/2, 1574 pts)
10. Tyler (2/3, 2088 pts)
11. Anna (2/3, 1930 pts)
12. Zettian Juggernaut (2/3, 1530 pts)
13. Brooke (2/3, 1466 pts) Congrats on your first tourney wins!
14. lefton4ya (2/3, 1340 pts)
15. Hose (2/3, 1034 pts)
16. Viegon (1/4, 1584 pts)
17. Kyle (1/4, 808 pts)

This was really a blast. Thank you all for helping to make it happen! Thanks to lettucemode for running the thread even though he couldn't make the games.

I love that we had some folks with a worse record but more points than other folks. That goes to show that we had some seriously close games! of course, we also had some blowouts (sorry HSer2010!).

Remember, I will not be available at all in August. I need to communicate with lettucemode to see if he is interested in running the tournament then, but we may need someone else to take charge for August if we want to have a tourney. I'm perfectly happy to assist remotely with maps, glyphs, rules, etc. if it's your first time running!

Last edited by Nirek; June 30th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:13 PM

And now, my battle reports!

I had a really great time and some super close games, especially at the beginning. By the end of the day, my D20 had caught fire, though. So here we go!

This time, I played 5x Dividers, Su-Bak-Na, and 2x Nagrubs.

Game 1 vs. Mr Pi the Math Guy on Stygian Rift
When I sat down against Mr Pi with his Hive, 2x Stingers and 4x Drones, I was feeling pretty good about my odds. He did have some range on me, but I figured having 160 points in a dragon instead of a Hive would work in my favor. I spend most of the first few rounds trying to get around his Drones and get to the Hive with Dividers. I took out some Drones on the way, but I did take pretty heavy casualties. When I was down pretty low on Dividers, I decided I had to make a rush at the Hive with Su-Bak-Na. It paid off! After 2 turns of rolling 6 skulls out of 8 dice, the Hive went down. Mr Pi lost an Order Marker, and I was able to clean up his remaining Marro. It's worth noting that Rebirth was not on Mr Pi's side this game. I think he maybe only succeeded 3 times.

Game 2 vs. Viegon on Arctic Divide
Viegon and I work together in C3V, and we have ended up playing at all 3 of the bi-monthly tournaments. He beat me bad the first time, I ended up on top the second time, and this time I also took him out. This was a tough game for both of us. We had decided to use Heavy Snow and Normal Ice on Arctic Divide, which in hindsight, is wrong, I'm pretty sure. So we both made very slow progress towards one another. He began the game by rushing Phantom Knights into my Start Zone, eventually taking out a couple Nagrubs and taking a few shots at Su-Bak-Na, trying to take him out early. Unfortunately for him, I rolled really good Defense dice and was able to get rid of most of the Phantom Knights without too much trouble. Tandros and Eltahale proved more difficult to defeat. Su-Bak-Na went down to Eltahales big attacks, but some Dividers finally managed to trudge their way to her and Tandros and wipe them out.

Game 3 vs. Hosey on the Hot Way or the Highway
Who would have thought that my closest game would be against an army including Hatamoto Taro? But it was! And Hosey's Hatamoto Taro, Kaemon Awa, Isamu, Kozuke Samurai and Tagawa Samurai ended up in 2nd place overall! The game started with Hosey rushing Kaemon Awa and me spreading Dividers all over the place. We traded the Wound glyph back and forth throughout the game, but I managed to uncover a Defense +1 glyph and hold it the whole time. That helped a lot. In the beginning, Hosey's dice were insane. He took out so many Marro with Kaemon! But finally Kaemon fell, and some tricky maneuvering with Su-Bak-Na and Nagrubs forced Hosey to choose between attacking useless Nagrubs or risking an LEA to get to Su-Bak-Na. He rightly chose to attack Nagrubs, but Su-Bak-Na was able to destroy about a Tagawa per turn until they were finished off. Su-Bak-Na retreated while the Kozuke charged, again waiting for an optimal time to strike. This again worked, leaving the dragon and some Dividers vs. Hatamoto. Hatamoto dealt a couple wounds to Su-Bak-Na, but the dragon came out on top.

Game 4 vs. Nick on Fulcrum
I did not want to play Nick on Fulcrum. His 4x Venoc Vipers, 3x Armoc Vipers and Venoc Warlord are so fast, and Fulcrum is so small. But notwithstanding 4 Frenzy rolls in the first round, I managed to come out on top. I divided so well that when I had killed all the Venocs (even after all those Frenzies!), I had only 1 Divider off the board. The rest was rather slow - Dividers slugging it out with Armocs and the Warlord with Armocs in better positions, but the Dividers eventually whittled them down, owing in part to great defense and division rolls.

Game 5 vs. Heroscaper2010 on Dance of the Dryads
HSer2010 and I have been to maybe 4 tournaments together, but I don't think we've ever played, so this was fun. It was particularly interesting because the results of this game would have a huge effect on the overall tournament results. If I won, I'd take first overall. If HSer2010 won, it was possible for me not to place, and even possible for him not to place! Hosey, rudyvalentine, Nick, HSer2010 and Sara went into round 5 at 3/1. The game started out much like my game with Viegon. HSer2010 sent all his Phantom Knights at me in turn, but I was able to take them all out pretty well. It helped that I came upon a Lucky 20 Sider Glyph, which meant that with Su-Bak-Na, I was dividing on a 15 - more than 25% of the time! We battled it out but again, by the time his Phantom Knights were finished, I had only lost a Nagrub and I think 1 Divider. Then I went to work against Brimstone and his 2x Greenscales. Brimstone continued to build up his heat, and eventually at 3 markers used his SA on 3 of my Dividers and one of his own Greenscales. Unfortunately for HSer2010, all 3 of my Dividers blocked, but his Greenscale did not. We continued to slug it out (Brimstone was very resilient this game!) until I finally brought down the dragon. I still had an unused Su-Bak-Na in my Start Zone and quite a few remaining Dividers. Really, my dice were great this game, and the glyph was really helpful too.

Thanks again to everyone who came! Hope that I see you all in October at NHSD somewhere since I'll miss the August tourney.
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:34 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks Nirek for hosting! And it was bad, but not as bad as my game with hose (so I have to say sorry to him...).

I played Toril and went with Brimstone, GWs x2, and PKs x3.

Battle Reports

Game #1 on Fulcrum: Loss vs. Sara
-Sara was playing Glads and Blasts (PKs worst nightmare). I led out with Brimstone and company. I grew my heat up for a whiffed blast against a mix of 4 Glads/Blasts. Sara then engaged me with Glads and blasted me with, well...Blasts. That basically marked the turning point in the game. I was able to do some damage with the PKs against the Blastatrons, but at the end, I lost. Great game, Sara! It was nice playing against ya.

Game #2 on Unfinished Fortress: Win vs. hose
-There's not really much to start with or end with here as it was a 7min, 2 (early 3?)-round game. Anyways, hose was playing Nilfy and Braxas with a squad of Scultists. I lead with the PKs and they dominated (rolling 3 skulls with 3/4 attack most of the time against the Dragons). hose seemed like a great guy to play against, and I really hope I get the chance to play against him again in a future tourney.

Game #3 on Silence and Solitude: Win vs. Mr. Pi the Math Guy
-Mr. Pi was playing Marro Drones w/ Hive and Stingers. I went with the gamelan of flying my PKs clear across the map (in just two turns) to devastate Mr. Pi's Hive by the 2nd Round. The rest of the PKs cleared most of the stingers (all but 'bout 3 I believe). Then I brought out Brimstone and the GWs to clear the Drones and remaining Stingers. I did take 3 wounds with Brimstone that I would've avoided if I had remembered to attack/take a turn with Brimstone before the GWs. Mr. Pi was kind enough to allow me to do my attack the first time, but not the second and third times (which is all fair). And besides, I was going to beat him (once I remembered to attack with Brimstone) so I was just giving him a few extra points.

I ended that game blowing up two adjacent Stingers. Great game, Mr Pi! Had a great time playing you, and can't wait for a rematch.

Game #4 on Stygian Rift: Win vs. Tyler
-Tyler was playing some Samurai and the Nakitas. I flew the PKs straight across the map to destroy most (if not all) of the Nakitas and Kozuke. Then I used Brimstone and the GWs to take out the TSA.

The end came down to 2 TSA vs. Brimstone and a couple GWs. I had 4 Growing Heat markers and Tyler made a slight mistake leaving both TSA with a spot that Brimstone could get two spaces away from both. I used my Heat Blast and rolled 1 skull. He then rolled 4 defense with the first TSA... whiff. Second TSA (again on height)... whiff. Victory!

Great game, Tyler! Really close, and if you hadn't whiffed, who knows... Either way the outcome, it was great to verse you and I hope we can get another game in another tourney.

Game #5 on Dance of the Dryads: Loss vs. Nirek
-With high stakes, I was 3-1 at the time and Nirek was undefeated (4-0). If I beat him, I go 4-1 and he goes 4-1 and we leave points to determine first (as there would be a four way tie with rudy, hosey, Nirek, and I). Anyways, Nirek and I started and it didn't even come close. By the time the PKs were gone and Brimstone and GWs came in I had only destroyed a Nagrub (technically, I did destroy some divided Dividers).

Hopefully next time we get a better game in Nirek!

Overall, I had a great day, and my brother had a good time even though he went 1-4 (and his only win was a bye).

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks everyone for a great tournament and a very fun day! It's late, so no battle reports from me, but I had five great games, including one that came down to my last Inciendeborg against a 1-Life left Tandros Kreel. Tandros won, but it was a very fun, close game. I hope to see most of you again in August!

Oh, and I'm Josh, ZJ is Nate.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events