Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 13th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Dallas Area "Official" Tournament structure

Thanks, Dignan...and thank you, again, for the work you put in to make our (read "my") weekend a real pleasure.
Old March 14th, 2011, 03:48 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd like to volunteer to direct the next "mixed up" tournament for the second quarter of the year.
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:03 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
I'd like to volunteer to direct the next "mixed up" tournament for the second quarter of the year.
I'm pretty sure if you volunteer to run an event, it's all yours

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old March 14th, 2011, 08:06 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
I'm pretty sure if you volunteer to run an event, it's all yours
Why do I feel like I just got handed the keys to a stolen Maserati?

Anyway- there was some thought to doing a "Worst Army" or "Reverse the Whip" type of format. I also thought it might be fun to bring two, 250-point armies and you and your opponent trade one of them (opponent's choice) before each round.

So half your army is what you brought, and half your army is half of what the other player brought.
Old March 14th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like to try the Houston 4 armies tournament where everyone brought 4 armies that had no duplicate units and used each army once in a series of 4 different matches with 4 different opponents.

If there needed to be a 5th round, you could do the pick your poison thing where your opponent picks which army they face.

I would not like to do any format where I have to fight the same army 4+ times, so no worst army please.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old March 14th, 2011, 08:51 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
I would like to try the Houston 4 armies tournament where everyone brought 4 armies that had no duplicate units and used each army once in a series of 4 different matches with 4 different opponents.

If there needed to be a 5th round, you could do the pick your poison thing where your opponent picks which army they face.

I would not like to do any format where I have to fight the same army 4+ times, so no worst army please.
My only hesitation to the 4 army thing is how difficult it is on those who have smaller collections. For those of us with a mountain of plastic, it's no big deal. But for the newer players it's pretty limiting.

A reverse whip would be fun and I still love the draft event which usually generates some crazy armies.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old March 14th, 2011, 09:38 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm a big fan of the draft even as well, even though at the last one I outdrafted myself pretty much every round. That's what I get for not playing, I suppose. What's a "reverse whip?"

"Anti"-Oxymoron
I'm anti-fashion, anti-religion
Anti-police and anti-system;
Anti-commercial and anti-prison,
Anti, anti-everything.
Old March 14th, 2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
I'm a big fan of the draft even as well, even though at the last one I outdrafted myself pretty much every round. That's what I get for not playing, I suppose. What's a "reverse whip?"
Quote:
Saturday Aug 6th 10am - Heroscape - Championship: Day 2
Reverse the Whip!! Day 2 players bring the same army they played on Day 1. Players will be switching armies with their opponent for every match. Can you beat the army that got you to Day 2? four times in a row? Others will be using your figures and cards; if you don’t want people touching your stuff, do not play in this event. No Reinforcements this year!
Ry mentioned the way to do this in a tourney could be to have it go 4 rounds, playing your own the first two rounds and your opponent's army the second two.
Old March 14th, 2011, 11:31 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Saturday Aug 6th 10am - Heroscape - Championship: Day 2
Reverse the Whip!! Day 2 players bring the same army they played on Day 1. Players will be switching armies with their opponent for every match. Can you beat the army that got you to Day 2? four times in a row? Others will be using your figures and cards; if you donít want people touching your stuff, do not play in this event. No Reinforcements this year!
Ry mentioned the way to do this in a tourney could be to have it go 4 rounds, playing your own the first two rounds and your opponent's army the second two.
That sounds pretty awesome. I think it adds quite a bit of strategy not only to the army build phase (don't want to bring something too powerful, but still good enough to get you through the first 2 rounds), but definitely the actual play ( you should know your own army pretty well, but how well can you know every good army you can conceive of, and those you can't?)

"Anti"-Oxymoron
I'm anti-fashion, anti-religion
Anti-police and anti-system;
Anti-commercial and anti-prison,
Anti, anti-everything.
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Reverse Whip and Draft both sound great to me.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old March 15th, 2011, 11:25 AM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm always up for something new. A version of 4 armies or Reverse the Whip sounds great to me.

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old March 15th, 2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
I also thought it might be fun to bring two, 250-point armies and you and your opponent trade one of them (opponent's choice) before each round.

So half your army is what you brought, and half your army is half of what the other player brought.
Does this seem like it would be a fun format for people? Is there a way to tweak it to be more fun?

Edit: To be clear, the resulting 500-point army would be one army, not two distinct ones, so bonding and "you control" abilities would function with both.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events