Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 5th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I'd love to see a sword-and-shield/New 52 version of Wonder Woman, and I have some ideas of my own. I like that Bracelets of Submission, but I don't see the SA or the agility power as being good fits. New 52!Wonder Woman doesn't use a bow at all, that I can think of.
The agility power was a spin off of Warrior Engagement mixed with Acrobatic Agility a bit since from what I've read on her, super agility is one of her powers. I thought it'd be fun to represent her ability to move well in battle. Plus it helps make the choice between whether or not to pay off Bracelets of Submission more interesting, since you more easily put her into or out of engagement.

Of course, being able to attack with a bow made that combo work even better, but I understand if it's not something she's really done in New 52 (wouldn't know, sadly). I was just going off the DC Wiki that specified she was especially well trained with the Bow and Javelin.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 5th, 2014, 06:34 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I dig the bracelet special as well.

Here's what I have been pondering for a while, in terms of a warrior/sword and shield focused Wonder Woman:

WONDER WOMAN (DIANA PRINCE)

AMAZON
UNIQUE HERO
?
?
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = ?

DUAL SWORDS
Once per round, if the "X" Order Marker is not currently revealed on this card, Wonder Woman may attack any or all figures adjacent to her. Roll each attack separately, rolling 1 fewer attack die each time. Wonder Woman may not attack the same figure more than once.

AEGIS SILVER BRACELETS
When Wonder Woman rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.

DEFENSIVE STANCE
When Wonder Woman is targeted for an attack, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. While the "X" Order Marker is revealed on this card, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, and roll one fewer attack die for the remainder of the round while making an attack. If Wonder Woman successfully blocks the attack while in Defensive Stance, and is adjacent to the attacking figure, you may roll one unblockable attack die on the attacking figure. If you roll a shield, the attacking figure takes 1 wound.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

I figure soemthing like that would come in around 350.
Old August 5th, 2014, 06:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

That's a cool writeup, Bats. I love Amazonian Agility, but the bit about getting to move in response to LEAs sounds like a Rules-Corner-Case nightmare.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 5th, 2014, 06:42 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool, Sock. My favorite part of that is the sword power. The defensive power could use some streamlining, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
That's a cool writeup, Bats. I love Amazonian Agility, but the bit about getting to move in response to LEAs sounds like a Rules-Corner-Case nightmare.
Yeah, you're probably right on that! I'm sure it could be tweaked.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 5th, 2014, 07:06 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

This might be a bit cleaner:

DEFENSIVE STANCE
When this figure is targeted for an attack, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. For the remainder of the round, whenever Wonder Woman rolls defense dice, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. If Wonder Woman successfully blocks an attack while in Defensive Stance, and is adjacent to the attacking figure, you may roll two unblockable attack dice. For each shield rolled, the attacking figure takes 1 wound. While in Defensive Stance, Wonder Woman subtracts 1 from her normal attack.

The idea behind the 3 powers, is they make her a pure warrior, and you have a lot of play between the 3 powers. Her bracelets make her hard to hit non-adjacently from a normal attack. Her dual swords can only be used once per round, and only before fighting defensively. It also makes her a huge threat offensively when surrounded. Lastly, her defensive stance, uses her shield to block attacks, and can potentially counter with a shield bash in return.
Old August 5th, 2014, 08:52 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

OK, first off, you guys history is way off. Superman has actually been depowered since Man of Steel mini-series was released in the 80s. Granted he slightly powered up again to help DC get into this New 52 era, but before that he was slower than Silver Age Supes and less powerful. On the flip side, Wonder Woman has pretty consistently been powered up. Recall that in her early appearances she had a winged horse, then in the late 70s she upgraded to an Invisible Jet. In 1987, she was rebooted by, IMO, the greatest comics artist/writer in George Perez. At this time she was nearly on level with Superman and could fly. In New 52, she is at his strength or beyond and is slightly taller. Captain Marvel (Shazam) was on the same level as Superman with the added benefit of being able to hurt him with his magic lightning, but he has been slightly depowered in the New 52 and now goes by the more recognized moniker of Shazam.

EDIT: And by no means is that fool the Tick on either of their level. He is like the Mask, inconsistently powerful and his power fluctuates to the writer's story.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old August 5th, 2014, 09:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Here's my stab at a New 52 style Wonder Woman in full-on warrior mode:

[B]WONDER WOMAN
DIANA PRINCE

DEFENSE = 7

BRACELETS OF SUBMISSION
When Wonder Woman rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage. Once per game, before taking a turn with Wonder Woman, you may reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card to negate this effect for the remainder of the game. If you do, add 2 to Wonder Woman's Attack Number for the remainder of the game.
Wow that's a tough nut to crack.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 5th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
The agility power was a spin off of Warrior Engagement mixed with Acrobatic Agility a bit since from what I've read on her, super agility is one of her powers. I thought it'd be fun to represent her ability to move well in battle. Plus it helps make the choice between whether or not to pay off Bracelets of Submission more interesting, since you more easily put her into or out of engagement.

Of course, being able to attack with a bow made that combo work even better, but I understand if it's not something she's really done in New 52 (wouldn't know, sadly). I was just going off the DC Wiki that specified she was especially well trained with the Bow and Javelin.
She had super agility kinda like Flash has super healing. Technically yes, but is it more iconic for her than anyone else? Not really. My idea was for more of an Amazon inspiration type power.

While I'm sure she's used a bow at some point, it's not something she does in New 52, at least not in her solo series. I haven't read any New 52 Justice League. Sword and shield is very much New 52 though. And Submission Bracelets fits a specific scene really well. The current series is very focused on her warrior roots and connections to mythology. It's great stuff, really. I expect Azzarello and Chiang's run will be looked on a defining one for the character in the future.

I'd look at something like this:

AMAZON
UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
DRIVEN
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = ?

AMAZONIAN FURY
If the "X" Order Marker is not currently revealed on this card, and Wonder Woman is engaged with one or more figures, Wonder Woman may attack any or all figures adjacent to her.

DEFENSIVE STANCE
When Wonder Woman is targeted for an attack, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. While the "X" Order Marker is revealed on this card, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, and if she is attacked by an adjacent figure and there are excess shields, the attacking figure receives one wound.

BRACELETS OF SUBMISSION
When Wonder Woman rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage. Once per game, before taking a turn with Wonder Woman, you may reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card. For the remainder of the game, add 2 to Wonder Woman's attack number and she may no longer use any powers on this card.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old August 5th, 2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
This might be a bit cleaner:

DEFENSIVE STANCE
When this figure is targeted for an attack, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. For the remainder of the round, whenever Wonder Woman rolls defense dice, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. If Wonder Woman successfully blocks an attack while in Defensive Stance, and is adjacent to the attacking figure, you may roll two unblockable attack dice. For each shield rolled, the attacking figure takes 1 wound. While in Defensive Stance, Wonder Woman subtracts 1 from her normal attack.

The idea behind the 3 powers, is they make her a pure warrior, and you have a lot of play between the 3 powers. Her bracelets make her hard to hit non-adjacently from a normal attack. Her dual swords can only be used once per round, and only before fighting defensively. It also makes her a huge threat offensively when surrounded. Lastly, her defensive stance, uses her shield to block attacks, and can potentially counter with a shield bash in return.
By streamline I was more thinking simplify than clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

[b]WONDER WOMAN
DIANA PRINCE

DEFENSE = 7

BRACELETS OF SUBMISSION
When Wonder Woman rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage. Once per game, before taking a turn with Wonder Woman, you may reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card to negate this effect for the remainder of the game. If you do, add 2 to Wonder Woman's Attack Number for the remainder of the game.
Yeah, but it's only good against normal, ranged attacks, so you mostly wouldn't even bother trying to crack it, which is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:

She had super agility kinda like Flash has super healing. Technically yes, but is it more iconic for her than anyone else? Not really. My idea was for more of an Amazon inspiration type power.

While I'm sure she's used a bow at some point, it's not something she does in New 52, at least not in her solo series. I haven't read any New 52 Justice League. Sword and shield is very much New 52 though. And Submission Bracelets fits a specific scene really well. The current series is very focused on her warrior roots and connections to mythology. It's great stuff, really. I expect Azzarello and Chiang's run will be looked on a defining one for the character in the future.
Sure, I can happily concede to both of those points, and cap's point about the leaving engagement attacks takes some of the thrill out of the agility power anyway. I might work on tweaking that one for Artemis, though. I just think an Amazon Warrior rolling around during combat tactically seems like a lot of fun. Actually, the special attack might work well for Artemis as well. Do I still have her drafted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute
I'd look at something like this:

AMAZON
UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
DRIVEN
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = ?

AMAZONIAN FURY
If the "X" Order Marker is not currently revealed on this card, and Wonder Woman is engaged with one or more figures, Wonder Woman may attack any or all figures adjacent to her.

DEFENSIVE STANCE
When Wonder Woman is targeted for an attack, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. While the "X" Order Marker is revealed on this card, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, and if she is attacked by an adjacent figure and there are excess shields, the attacking figure receives one wound.

BRACELETS OF SUBMISSION
When Wonder Woman rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage. Once per game, before taking a turn with Wonder Woman, you may reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card. For the remainder of the game, add 2 to Wonder Woman's attack number and she may no longer use any powers on this card.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
Not crazy about the personality - I'd take Fierce, Righteous, or Passionate over Driven for New 52 Wonder Woman based on what I've read (though Passionate might be best saved for her Star Sapphire incarnation). That said after those three and Determined, Driven is probably next on my list, so it's not terrible either.

If she's on Superman's level as Spidey said, why 6 Life instead of 7?

And why 6 Move instead of the 7 Move we have on the current Wonder Woman?

Not quite sure how I feel about Defensive Stance or its stacking with her Bracelet power. Might like it better if it only applied to normal, adjacent attacks. Then you could trigger it before she rolled defense and avoid the targeting language as well. If you restricted it to normal, adjacent attacks you could streamline the wording as well.

For bracelets of submission, you'd be negating the power that's adding two to her attack and negating her other powers ... that's kind of a mess. Also, it doesn't make thematic sense for me that it negates her Fury - if anything, it seems like it'd probably enhance that. I think it just negating the first effect in that power is the way to go - or else making the removal of the bracelets a completely different power and making it negate other powers there. Still not sure why it'd negate her Fury, though.

Old August 6th, 2014, 08:32 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

[b]WONDER WOMAN
DIANA PRINCE

DEFENSE = 7

BRACELETS OF SUBMISSION
Yeah, but it's only good against normal, ranged attacks, so you mostly wouldn't even bother trying to crack it, which is fine.
Yeah I noticed that after I posted.

Quote:
I might work on tweaking that one for Artemis, though. I just think an Amazon Warrior rolling around during combat tactically seems like a lot of fun. Actually, the special attack might work well for Artemis as well. Do I still have her drafted?
I hope someone does...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 6th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Not crazy about the personality - I'd take Fierce, Righteous, or Passionate over Driven for New 52 Wonder Woman based on what I've read (though Passionate might be best saved for her Star Sapphire incarnation). That said after those three and Determined, Driven is probably next on my list, so it's not terrible either.

If she's on Superman's level as Spidey said, why 6 Life instead of 7?

And why 6 Move instead of the 7 Move we have on the current Wonder Woman?
Stats and Personality are just rough drafts and open to tweaking. I'm not sure I agree with Spidey about her being on Superman's level. Again, I;m limited to her solo series and any JLA stuff, but I just don't see it. Lower move was because, while she can fly, it's not something she does much in New 52. 7+Flying just seems too fast for her.

Quote:
Not quite sure how I feel about Defensive Stance or its stacking with her Bracelet power. Might like it better if it only applied to normal, adjacent attacks. Then you could trigger it before she rolled defense and avoid the targeting language as well. If you restricted it to normal, adjacent attacks you could streamline the wording as well.
I could roll with that

Quote:
For bracelets of submission, you'd be negating the power that's adding two to her attack and negating her other powers ... that's kind of a mess. Also, it doesn't make thematic sense for me that it negates her Fury - if anything, it seems like it'd probably enhance that. I think it just negating the first effect in that power is the way to go - or else making the removal of the bracelets a completely different power and making it negate other powers there. Still not sure why it'd negate her Fury, though.
I knew it was messy when I posted it last night, but I was too tired to work it out. I did consider making it another power though. I have an idea I'll post later.

As for negating the Fury, in the scene I'm thinking of where she removes her Bracelets, she's doing it to take on a single, large threat. I see the Fury power as her normal battling tactics, but when she needs to throw down, off come the bracelets and she's focused on a single target.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old August 6th, 2014, 09:24 AM

I can buy that, I suppose.

I look forward to seeing the tweaked version (either out here or in the sanctum!).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy