Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old September 19th, 2010, 03:33 PM

Gladitor Woo who?
Death and Decay

Death and Decay

Noraa Gladitor

IT was a cool, dark night as Noraa and the other palace guards sent Kyntela Gwyn to deliver her gem on the flying hippogryph, Theracus. No words were spoken, for all knew the urgency of the quest Kyntela was doing. The rock had to reach the nine before the wolves tore them all apart. As Kyntela mounted her hippogryph, her concerned parents came out of the castle. Everyone bowed on one knee, in respect to the queen. Everyone, that is, except Noraa. Noraa bowed because if he didn't, he'd get his head chopped off. The queen was tall and regal, with an air of nobility around her.

I guess you have a right to look stuck up. Noraa thought as the queen hugged Kyntela, tears streaming down her face. when you own half the land on this entire war ridden planet. Then her father came out of the castle, a giant smile plastered on his face. Noraa knew that he was keeping it together for the queen’s sake. Word had just arrived that the forces of Cyprien Esenwein were gathering outside of the castle, and that he had challenged the king to a duel to the death. The king had foolishly accepted. We both know it's suicide. Noraa thought. Me and the king. No one has defeated Cyprien in the last thousand years. Suddenly, the sound of horns blared through the night. A terrified servant stumbled into the grove that the elves were standing in.

" The undead are here!" He wailed , then fell, dead on the ground, an arrow protruding from his back.

The terrified king smacked the flank of the hippogryph, sending it whinnying into the sky, carrying Kyntela with it.

"Guards attend to me." The king said once the hippogryph left his field of vision. Noraa and the guards surrounded him, taking of his robe and putting on his armor. Another servant came down the stairs. He tried to look calm, but his eyes betrayed him

"Your majesty, Lord Esenwein is in the courtyard, ready for his duel." The servant said. The king attempted what one would call a courageous smile, but failed utterly. That's why we need a new royal family. These spineless cowards can't even contain there emotions in front of there subjects. Noraa thought as him and the other guards led the king to the courtyard were lord Esenwein and his servants were making ready an arena for the duel. Once the arena was complete, lord Esenwein stepped into it.

"Let everyone who watches this witness the death of the Elvin lord, and the new reign of the undead rule!" Esenwein yelled at the assembled crowd. The undead roared there assent, whereas the elves murmured amongst themselves, their eyes full of panic. The elf king took one long look at Esenwein, then fled.

" Coward!" Esenwein yelled, and threw his sword at the fleeing king. It hit him dead on. He didn't stand a chance. The guards went into a flurry of swords and bows shooting and slicing down the undead. Noraa watched this for a while, then notched an arrow, pulled it back, and let it fly at the rampaging Esenwein. It went straight through the air were Esenwein used to be. Surprise flickered threw Noraa's face, then pain as the sword of Sonya Esenwein roar through his back.

I'm the fart in the air conditioning, I'm always there, but usually, you never notice.

~Orson Scott Card~
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:09 PM

sir william the bold is surprisingly tart
Re: Death and Decay

Nice Gladitor, I love it!

Check out my custom terrain.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:12 PM

Gladitor Woo who?

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it
I'll try to update it later tonight

I'm the fart in the air conditioning, I'm always there, but usually, you never notice.

~Orson Scott Card~
Old September 24th, 2010, 04:29 PM

Gladitor Woo who?

Noraa never felt anything like what he was experiencing at that moment.
It felt like his body was being sucked into a tube, then getting shot out at 50 miles an hour. What a curios sensation. Noraa thought as he hurled down the tube. And not one one would expect when you are dead. I wonder were this leads. Wil I go to heaven, or hell? The answer was given to him when he arrived at the destination of the tunnel.

Ullar was pleased. He had managed to save almost an entire army of elves from certain death. And not a moment to soon, with the Utgarian army outside my door step.
" Would you like me to tell them were they are?" The elf named Syvarris asked ullar.
" No, I think I'll tell them this time. I feel that there's something special about this group." Ullar replied
He made his way over to the group of Elven palace guards, who all were standing there in a daze. All except one. Let's test his batlle reflexes. Ullar thought. Then he calmly placed his hand on his sword.
What a strange creature. Noraa thought as he saw something in front of him advancing. It has wings sprouting out of it's back, just like the birds of the air.I wonder if it can fly? He then saw the creature grab for it's sword. I wonder why it'd do that. Noraa thought. It's not as if we pose any threat. But all the same, if it's threatening me, I should react. He then drew his bow, and fired at the winged creature.

Ullar saw the arrow coming at him as if it was in slow motion. He neatly sidestepped, and sliced the arrow from the air. By then the entire throne room in which they were standing was full of ullars protecters, who had all their crossbows aimed directly at the elves' chest. Ullar smiled. Out of all the creatures summoned, only a handful had the reaction of the elf who had fired at him. "I knew that there was something special about your group when I laid eyes on you. Now, my feeling was confirmed." Ullar said, then pointed at the elf who fired at him.
" What is your name, elf?" Ullar said.
" Noraa Gladitor." The elf answered." Who on feylund are you?"
Ullar laughed." I'm afraid you're not in Feylund anymore, Noraa Gladitor. You are now on Valhalla, where I have summoned you. I am called Ullar, now you must now swear your loyalty to me, or I will send you back to the same time I saved you from."

Noraa knew that if he swore loyalty to Ullar, he would never be able to break his oath.
" What would my job be if I swore my loyalty to you?" Noraa asked.
" You would emidiatley engage in combat with the armies of utgar who are swarming this castle as we speak." Ullar answered. " Then I would send you an varius quests around this planet." Noraa didn't have to think long.
" I hereby swear my loyalty to you Ullar, and will fight your battles." Noraa said, looking Ullar in the eyes. Ullar swollowed a triumphant grin.
" I except your pledge, and now grant you into active service." He replied. Noraa nodded, waiting for the rest of his group to swear loyalty to Ullar. He didn't have to wait long. One by one the resy of his group swore there alligence to Ullar, and he likewise exepted them into active service. Then another elf stepped out of the shadows and greeted them. Noraa emediatly recognized him as the famous archer Syvarris, who was just recently killed in a scouting mission to find the armies of Cyprien. Or so we thought. Noraa thought as Syvarris showed them to the outer walls.

~Orson Scott Card~
Old September 7th, 2011, 04:45 PM

Son of Osiris costs too much!

Come on man, post something! POST!!!

"My Lord, what fools these mortals be!" Shakespeare
Old September 14th, 2011, 04:45 PM

Son of Osiris costs too much!

I guess you don't post since our computer is crappy, but still write it on paper!!!

"My Lord, what fools these mortals be!" Shakespeare

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction