Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 16th, 2010, 08:39 PM

Looking East knows what's in an order marker Looking East knows what's in an order marker
How would you rate the dragons from best to worst?

I'm curious, now that we have our final dragon released how do you rate the dragons from your most to least favorites?

I think personally I would rank them:

1) Niflheim (Powerful and versatile. I love this dragon.)

2) Braxas (Zelrig and her are pretty much a tie. 20 sider death machine)

3) Zelrig (Both Zelrig and Braxas will leave squadies with soiled underwear.)

4) Molten Claw (A great dragon except for his glass jaw.)

5) Charos (The green roller is one fun melee build.)

6) Mimring (If only he could take a punch. )

7) Othkurik (Fun and effective until he gets killed in a single unlucky OM)
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:18 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker
Re: How would you rate the dragons from best to worst?

1) Charos: High durability and COunter-Strike = WATCH OUT!

'Nuff said. Charos beasts all.

Worst is Othkurik.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:11 PM

AgentDex Woo who?

I have to defend poor Othkurik. With swamp water or dungeon tiles on the board he can really do some damage to another hero.
For a 140 pts character and the right map he can be a real threat.
But then again in the land of dragons its hard to rate him higher.
At least he can feel huge and menacing next to the wyrmlings.

It's nice to know I am not the only adult addicted to buying and playing with plastic miniatures.
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

1. Nilfheim
2. Braxas
3. Zelrig
4. Mimring
5. Charos
6. Moltenclaw
7. Othkurik

4 and 5 are close, though.
Old November 17th, 2010, 01:10 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

1. Nilfheim
2. Braxas
3. Charos
4. Moltenclaw
5. Mimring
6. Zelrig
7. Othkurik

That's just off the top of my head and personally I think they all rock so...worst is still awesome!

Creator of Nowdays.
Old November 17th, 2010, 01:50 AM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

#1 -- Braxas: I don't like figures with insta-kills, but Braxas dominates too much to give him anything less than number 1.

#2 -- Charos: High life and stats make Charos a true terror on the battlefield. With the addition of the lizards, he's now able to take support with him wherever he goes.

#3 -- Othkurik: Hiding in the Swamp or shadows gives him tremendous ambush potential. Oftentimes he can keep figures pinned just by being within 8 spaces of them. When he does come out, he's versatile on the attack with a multi-strike or a single, heavy hit. He's weak, yes, but some good planning and OM use can eliminate that for the most part (lucky hits DO happen still).

#4 -- Niflheim: Powerful, yes; Versatile, yes. My one problem is that he always seems to end up just short of being useful.

(#5 -- Su-Bak-Na (If we count him as a dragon; It's dead, but an undead dragon is still a dragon): He's somewhat specific, but 7 attack with flying at only 170 points is a good deal. Of course it helps when people ignore him cause he's just a "stupid marro thing.")

#5 -- Zelrig: Not too bad really, but for 185 points, he's just a little to specialized for me.

#6 -- Moltenclaw: To be fair, I've not played him, but he seems a little vulnerable and his special is kinda just a spin on Fireline. It's quite possible that my opinion of him will go up after playing him, but for now he only outranks Mimring.

#7 -- Mimring: This guy isn't a dragon, he's a big lizard. He's every bit as weak as Othkurik, but at least Othkurik is a young dragon. Mimring's attack isn't all that special and I've never seen enough people line up to make me prefer Fireline. (You guys may notice that I'm not overly fond of Mimring. After 3 games with him, I was done. He was just one of those figures that didn't do anything for me).

And now my somewhat lengthy rant on the dragons is over, allowing time for you guys to debate my high opinion of Othkurick and wonder why I dislike these fireline dragons so much. I hope some of you at least disagree and manage to convince me otherwise, because I would just love to stomp someone with that "stupid lizard, Mimring," as he is known at our games.
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Mimring is better than Charos. Seriously.

Comments about Mimring being weak and "just a big lizard" mean you probably aren't playing him right. He effectively has 8 range. Do you rush Krav Magas into engagement? Of course not. Most ranged units do not do well once engaged, and Mimring is no different. You can't throw him into the fray like you can with Charos. Mimring can usally kill at least a couple figures with his attack, not to mention the beast bonding Arrow Gruts can get some kills as well with one order marker. Sorry Charos, but no matter how much of a tank you are, 210 points for 1 attack doesn't cut it.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:46 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Charos got a lot better now that the Greenscales are out, though. He's probably not quite as good as the multi-Special Attacking dragons are with them, but he's still formidable.

I like this:
  1. Nilfheim
  2. Braxas
  3. Zelrig
  4. Charos
  5. Moltenclaw
  6. Mimring
  7. Othkurik

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

I agree with KC, except I think Charos is better than Zelrig, and that Othkurik can be good on dungeon maps.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:03 AM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

1. Nilfheim
  2. Braxas
  3. Moltenclaw
  4. Zelrig
  5. Charos
  6. Mimring
  7. Othkurik

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old November 17th, 2010, 03:42 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

1. Nilfheim
2. Braxas
3. Charos
4. Zelrig
5. Moltenclaw
6. Othkurik
7. Mimring

I could go back and forth on no.1 and no.2 they are two of the top five heros in the game in my opinion.

Moltenclaw may surprise some people including myself, if used well he could be devastating to enemy melee units.
Old November 17th, 2010, 03:50 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneSnap View Post
#1 -- Braxas: I don't like figures with insta-kills, but Braxas dominates too much to give him anything less than number 1.

Her. She's a queen.

"You're a girl dragon"!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units