Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old October 3rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart
Summoner Wars

I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one, but has anybody checked out Summoner Wars? I've only looked at it twice, but I think it looks pretty fun. It's Heroscape-esque, but it has some qualities of Magic: The Gathering. If anybody out there plays Summoner Wars, could you tell me how it is? My brothers, their friends, and I all play Magic at least a little. Would it be something we'd enjoy? If any Magic players could compare the two, that'd be great! Any and all help is appreciated.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM

Hrockle knows what's in an order marker Hrockle knows what's in an order marker
Re: Summoner Wars

Here you go, mate.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Nostradumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrockle View Post
Aw, man. I didn't know there was a post already on this. It uses cards, so I figured if there was a post about it, it'd be here. Thanks anyway, Hrockle!
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:07 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Quote:
Aw, man. I didn't know there was a post already on this. It uses cards, so I figured if there was a post about it, it'd be here. Thanks anyway, Hrockle!

You do know that the guy who owns and runs this site is the Game Designer for Summoner Wars right?
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:17 PM
Nostradumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Quote:

You do know that the guy who owns and runs this site is the Game Designer for Summoner Wars right?
Well, of course! The only reason I know about Summoner Wars and Plaid Hat Games is because of truth's signature and the banner on the front page. I'd ask him myself, but he's busy with his business and such. Hopefully he'll start showing up a bit more on the boards. At the very least, I'd like him to respond to this thread.

By the way, do you play Summoner Wars, Onacara? I believe in the Forum Games section, you posted something about an October game swap. You used Summoner Wars as an example, so I assumed you played a little.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:24 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I actually play it a lot...its one of my favorite games. There is a whole bunch of discussion about it in the there thread that was linked...and you can always go to the Summoner Wars forum on the Plaid Hat Games site.
Old October 4th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Nostradumbass

The only reason I didn't think about posting in the Summoner Wars forum is because I don't play. I wouldn't be in the know, even though that's a terrible excuse. I'll check out the thread Hrockle posted. It really interests me, and I think it might be easier to play at Thanksgiving or Christmas than Heroscape. Card games always appeal to me, but most fail to impress. I just wanted to know if Summoner Wars is worth the $25 for the two-player set.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games