Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 7th, 2010, 09:45 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation
Re: A new Valkyrie General!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy View Post
In Taelords bio it said he was gifted with a drink from the wellspring by Utgar. I'm fairly sure that the first couple passages of Thormans Journal say that's what turns a Kyrie to an ArchKyrie. As I said this doesn't necesserily mean it has to be on the card. Drake is a Sgt. yet its not his class. Marcus Decimus Gallus' bio says he was a Commander yet it doesn't explicitly say so in his name or class.

If the Archkyrie turns out to be a unit instead of a general I would be very surprised to see the word 'archkyrie' anywhere actually on the card.
Doesn't a drink from a wellspring turn a Kyrie into a Valkyrie? Not an Archkyrie?
Correct. Archkyrie's already existed before the wellsprings were found, they were just Kyrie leaders, not a "super-species."
That doesn't make Taelord's bio make a whole lot of sense then, he would be akin to the other Generals and Thorman. But reguardless Taelord or other Kyries could be Archkyries and there cards wouldn't have to actually spell it out for that to be true.
All the current Kyrie heroes in this game (Atlaga, Raeling, Kelda, Taelord, etc.) Have been given drinks from wellsprings. That doesn't make them Valkyrie, a Valkyrie is made after prolonged exposure to a wellspring to the point that you are able to summon from that wellspring. It only works if you 'own' a wellspring. The reason the others are given drinks is told by Thormun in his journal:

[QUOTE]Ah, the mysterious wellsprings. Sixty-some years ago I discovered the first one quite by accident, in the Tarn of Volsunga. When I drank its water, I became stronger in body and mind; my wings grew to a wondrous size; I gained mystical powers; and to my astonishment, I stopped aging. Yet if I did not drink from the wellspring often, the powers faded./QUOTE]

That's why.
Old August 8th, 2010, 12:45 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
Do we need three or four threads talking about this topic?
Just quickly scanned the news and general section, but I can't find these original posts. This is the first I've heard of a new general, but...personally, why not just just add more troops to some generals who are already lacking, rather than add another to the mix? Unless some generals are already considered tapped-out for new troops...in a way it would be cool in a storyline kind of way to have more generals, with some losing (say, Vydar) their power over the years of battle.

But that wouldn't explain the Majors or Kravs.
Old August 8th, 2010, 02:42 AM

chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death!

Ignoring all the local color of ROB, what the designers seem to be doing is rebalancing/limiting the Utgar faction without changing the basic alliance structure of Good (all the Allies) vs Evil, by introducing a second Evil. This is consistant with their constantly coming up with new left hand card descriptors so that synergy remains limited and specific.

I've long considered allowing all the members of an army (now D&D 'Party') to benefit from all of its members powers. This would be a radical reinterpretation of the official rules, but consistant with the new D&D theme and campaigns. Haven't tried it yet.

However, in our upcoming six player/three team NYC Group Friday Game
using specific General Armies, we have allied pairs allowed to use up to 150 points (of a total of 510) of their ally's units. This will let each team have synergy with each other's cards within the current rules framework. For example, I could choose Master Woo from my ally Aquilla to benefit my own Ullar Monks, or my ally could choose Venoc Warlord to benefit Aquilla Scouts. Hmmm...
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:24 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

[quote=chas;1168123]
I've long considered allowing all the members of an army (now D&D 'Party') to benefit from all of its members powers. This would be a radical reinterpretation of the official rules, but consistant with the new D&D theme and campaigns. Haven't tried it yet.

[quote]

That idea, while fun to play with for a laugh, would seriously break the game IMO. The General alliances though, I find anyway, are so minimal to my enjoyment of the game. Who cares who fights for what?...at this point, a DnD specific general would be an interesting idea, but hardly needed. And if this truly is the direction WotC wants to take, then why didn't they just come up with it when they released MS3?...I mean, really? Oh well. It's easy for me to say this stuff but I'm not paying the bills and cashing the cheques.

I'm just wondering how Utgar hasn't won this damn war with all the troops he has in comparison to the allies.
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:12 AM

Anitar rolls all skulls baby! Anitar rolls all skulls baby! Anitar rolls all skulls baby! Anitar rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post
I'm just wondering how Utgar hasn't won this damn war with all the troops he has in comparison to the allies.
Three Order Markers per round only gets you so far.
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:47 AM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
Taelord is not the new General.
Have we heard his/her name before?

MegaSilver
I'm just guessing here, but I'd have to say "no".

Here's my reasoning. Why would this person already be in the underdark? This is new territory being explored, with the exception of the Drow whom Utgar needs help from. Utgar obviously knew where to find this individual, and sent his troops in to rescue him. With wave 3 being DnD again, I think our new friend is the one who summons the demons. Not something I'm thrilled about, but it makes perfect sense.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:57 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Since D&D's logo generally sports a sort of gold and red, I see these as the new general's standard. Kinda gives a reason behind his entire army influenced by D&D figures. Im just guessing though cause I really like the D&D logo colors for a card.

Also I'm with Greyelephant. No one was living in that underground city, except the Drow and the other D&D characters Utgar sent through Blackscar, and Vydar's secret underground drilling project with his dozens of Soulborg. This new Kyrie might have been one of the lesser warriors, that are not as powerful as the big 6, and fell under the promise of untold power given to him by Lolth magic combined with Wellspring power.

Oof...I got nothing to sign with now
Old August 8th, 2010, 11:51 AM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

I really don't think another general is needed. I mean we just got Aquilla, and she barely has anything. Not to mention we still have Ullar and Vydar that could still use some help. I really don't want another "evil" general. Utgar has enough and I'm usually not a fan of seeing a lot of new Utgar stuff. I just don't think we need another general now.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old August 8th, 2010, 11:53 AM

chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death!

Joke answer to the above joke question:

Q: "Why hasn't Utgar won the war yet?"

A: Captain America!

Here's another question. Is the General Section the best place to discuss a new HS General (Kyrie, Archkyrie, or Valkyrie), or is that too specific?
Old August 8th, 2010, 11:57 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. You're too funny.
Old August 8th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For the record, if we have a new "evil" general, not all of the also "evil" units will go to Utgar, therefore lightening Utgar's load of new units...

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old August 8th, 2010, 12:06 PM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker

I'm skeptical, but also patient.
And IMO; Hordak was cooler than Skeletor...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion