Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 4th, 2010, 09:31 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Not going to GenCon!?!?! What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Piano, guitar, working on terrain pieces for Warhammer, and painting my Warhammer stuff.
WHAT! Someone can like Warhammer and Heroscape? I'd better not let the Warhammer guys at my FLGS know, else their entire universe will collapse in upon itself!
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Going to a tournament in Maryland.

Old August 4th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would set something up at my FLGS if I wasn't working.

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:44 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I will be getting the house ready for my sons 16th birthday party next week and working on 6 game designs.
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:48 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
If you are not going you should spend some time looking for a local Game Convention in your area and make plans to go to it...even if there is no Heroscape there...heck if you have enough time you can volunteer to run Heroscape there if you so desired. Yes the locals arent quite the magnitude or awesomness of GenCon but its a good start.
I ran the Origins HS events (and pawned off the last day to Columbus scapers) just because of this. I could have gone this weekend, but oh well, maybe next year.

I might play a game or two with friends this weekend, but also do thinks like play Ultimate Frisbee, go hiking, go to church, watch movies (Theater or someone's house), plan and pack for a vacation next week.
Old August 5th, 2010, 08:20 AM

chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death! chas is hot lava death!

Painting up new 54mm plastic Napoleonic French Light Infantry (92 figures) for a future game on The First Carlist War in Spain (1830s), after which they'll be French again. This became possible when I found the only book on it in English at a wargames Con last year. I'll be using the light blue soldiers as the monarchist rebels against the regular Spanish wearing dark blue (normal Nap. French). The government forces also included the new French Foreign Legion in its first assignment, and the British (Mercenary) Legion, which included some of Wellington's veterans from units like the famous green jacketed 95th Foot (see Sharpe's Rifles). An obscure war I never thought I'd be able to game--retirement is good.

Other wacky subjects I've done in the last few months have been: The Streets of Fredericksburg, First Fantasy (Tolkeinish) Forest Ambush, Gunga Din, and Russian Civil War. I'm now in the middle of two scenarios of Adowa: Italians vs Abyssinians in 1896.

I'm also preparing for our first ever Epic (Multi-player) Command & Colors Ancients boardgame after finishing over 100 games of the regular two player version's entire series over the last few years, and playing Memoir 44 (new breakthrough format), Memoir 44 France 1940 Campaign (Campaign Book #1), Chariot Lords, Axis and Allies Naval Miniatures, plus Prophecy and a D&D scenario (with Tablewalker).

So although my plans to go to GenCon for the first time fell through, and I had to skip 3 other Cons this summer including Onacara's too, I'm still busy in gaming here in NYC...come join me if you live nearby!
Old August 5th, 2010, 08:33 AM
has been BANNED

Chas....see if you can make it to TotalCon in Massachusetes in February. Maybe you can hitch a ride with Taeblewalker.
Old August 5th, 2010, 08:51 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Drinking, karaokeing and (hopefully) playtesting my customs.
Old August 5th, 2010, 08:56 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
karaokeing .
We need video!!!!
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Let's see, work, video games, date night w/wife

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:09 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Painting up new 54mm plastic Napoleonic French Light Infantry (92 figures) for a future game on The First Carlist War in Spain (1830s), after which they'll be French again. This became possible when I found the only book on it in English at a wargames Con last year. I'll be using the light blue soldiers as the monarchist rebels against the regular Spanish wearing dark blue (normal Nap. French). The government forces also included the new French Foreign Legion in its first assignment, and the British (Mercenary) Legion, which included some of Wellington's veterans from units like the famous green jacketed 95th Foot (see Sharpe's Rifles). An obscure war I never thought I'd be able to game--retirement is good.

Other wacky subjects I've done in the last few months have been: The Streets of Fredericksburg, First Fantasy (Tolkeinish) Forest Ambush, Gunga Din, and Russian Civil War. I'm now in the middle of two scenarios of Adowa: Italians vs Abyssinians in 1896.

I'm also preparing for our first ever Epic (Multi-player) Command & Colors Ancients boardgame after finishing over 100 games of the regular two player version's entire series over the last few years, and playing Memoir 44 (new breakthrough format), Memoir 44 France 1940 Campaign (Campaign Book #1), Chariot Lords, Axis and Allies Naval Miniatures, plus Prophecy and a D&D scenario (with Tablewalker).

So although my plans to go to GenCon for the first time fell through, and I had to skip 3 other Cons this summer including Onacara's too, I'm still busy in gaming here in NYC...come join me if you live nearby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Drinking, karaokeing and (hopefully) playtesting my customs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Going to a tournament in Maryland.
Except for History Dude (and Jackofhearts, who just surfaced), the NYC contigent are all present . . .

I, too, had hoped to go to GenCon, but, as this year is the 20th since Babs and I got married, our cash is flowing in a different direction. I will instead remain in NYC, and, on Sunday, participate in our dojo's annual Beach Training, which will require me to be at Jones Beach by around 9 a.m. in the morning. I am really sorry not to be going to GenCon.

Next Generation

Old August 5th, 2010, 09:17 AM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart

Getting prepared for 2-a-days for football.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion