Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 25th, 2010, 05:02 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
The Book of Hawkman (Katar Hol)

The Book of Hawkman (Katar Hol)

C3G DC WAVE 7
THE PURSUIT OF JUSTICE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Origin set.
Its model number and name are #058-060 / Hawkman.
Its model number and name are #206 / Carter Hall.

Character Bio - Katar Hol was a law enforcement officer from the planet Thanagar and has been a member of the Justice League and the Justice Society. He was born on Thanagar, which had a scientifically advanced civilization in which crime was virtually unknown. As an adolescent, Katar joined the Thanagarian police force. He was partnered with a raw, but determined rookie named Shayera, whom he eventually married. After initially pursuing a suspect to Earth, the two eventually returned to the planet and joined the Justice League, donning the names Hawkman and Hawkgirl and taking the human alter egos of Carter and Shayera Hall, museum curators.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • If Hawkgirl is wounded or has been destroyed, you may use Hawkman's Undying Love special power.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 06:15 PM. Reason: png
Old July 25th, 2010, 05:02 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Hawkman - Design Phase

NAME = HAWKMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = KATAR HOL

SPECIES = THANAGARIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = FEARLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 225

HAWK STRIKE
If Hawkman attacks a figure that was at least three spaces away before Hawkman moved this turn, roll two additional attack dice. Hawk Strike may only be used if Hawkman used Flying for all of his movement this turn.

UNDYING LOVE
If Hawkgirl is in your Army and she is destroyed or has at least one Wound Marker on her card, when Hawkman attacks, he may attack one additional time.

NTH METAL MACE
Undead figures and figures with the Magical Defense special power roll 1 fewer defense die against Hawkman's normal attack.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Last edited by tcglkn; March 24th, 2021 at 08:34 PM.
Old July 25th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you really want to match Hawkgirl with this, shouldn't he have 5 life, 6 move, and 5 defense? I'm OK if you go with him being slightly slower and stronger and doing 5 move and 6 defense, but I think their life should be the same.
I like the power choices and everything else on the card, but I do think that the Eternal Love power needs some adjustment.

ETERNAL LOVE LOST
If a Unique Thanagarian Warrior you control is destroyed, each time Hawkman attacks for the remainder of the game, he may attack one additional time.

I doubt there will ever be another Thanagarian Warrior, but I just don't like completely closed, single-character synergies. If I could go in a time machine and change it, I'd probably make "It's Just Not the Same" work on all Driven Vigilantes, and Cupid's Arrow work on all Archers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old July 25th, 2010, 07:39 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
If you really want to match Hawkgirl with this, shouldn't he have 5 life, 6 move, and 5 defense? I'm OK if you go with him being slightly slower and stronger and doing 5 move and 6 defense, but I think their life should be the same.
Well, I was thinking that he is more hardy as well.
Quote:
I like the power choices and everything else on the card, but I do think that the Eternal Love power needs some adjustment.

ETERNAL LOVE LOST
If a Unique Thanagarian Warrior you control is destroyed, each time Hawkman attacks for the remainder of the game, he may attack one additional time.

I doubt there will ever be another Thanagarian Warrior, but I just don't like completely closed, single-character synergies. If I could go in a time machine and change it, I'd probably make "It's Just Not the Same" work on all Driven Vigilantes, and Cupid's Arrow work on all Archers.
Yeah, I have been mulling over the wording myself. I think in this instance though that having a character specific synergy like the Eseweins is completely thematic. Really, he is only going to get a boost from Hawkgirl's demise and that is the whole reason for the power. Other than that I like your reword, and will edit.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old July 25th, 2010, 07:48 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm still against the character-specific synergy, personally, as I have been with many others in the past. It's thematic, sure, but so would be a broader one and the broader one would leave more openings for future gameplay options.
So, are you saying I need to work harder to sell you on 5 life for him? Because I'm really not liking the 6 life/6 defense combo. I'd also really, really love it if we could get him down to 225 points with Hawkgirl and then do a 50 point Atom.

P.S. If you don't link this to the Updates thread, I'm not sure if anyone else will see it.

Old July 25th, 2010, 07:52 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm still against the character-specific synergy, personally, as I have been with many others in the past. It's thematic, sure, but so would be a broader one and the broader one would leave more openings for future gameplay options.
So, are you saying I need to work harder to sell you on 5 life for him? Because I'm really not liking the 6 life/6 defense combo. I'd also really, really love it if we could get him down to 225 points with Hawkgirl and then do a 50 point Atom.

P.S. If you don't link this to the Updates thread, I'm not sure if anyone else will see it.
Forgot to link it. Also, I for some reason had it in my head that Hawkgirl was 245. If we are shooting for a lower point-cost then bump down to 5 life is cool with me. Honestly, I just don't want to make a ton of changes until others comment/weigh-in.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old July 25th, 2010, 08:01 PM

Well the link will really be needed, then.
For the record, this is Hawkgirl:

5 Life
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 5
225 points

Hawk Swoop

Nth Metal Mace

Stealth Flying

This would give them the same mace power, more or less the same ability to amp up their attack to +2, and it would give them both conditional double attacks. Hawkman having +1 defense would be offset by Hawkgirl having +1 move and stealth.
I think, with even lives, they probably both come in right around 225.

Old July 25th, 2010, 08:03 PM
C3G's First Fan

Linked and Life bumped down to 5 to get points down to 225-235.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old July 25th, 2010, 08:07 PM

You missed a space: "he may attackone additional time."
Looks good, though.
I'll wait to hear from others.

Old July 25th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree with Bats. It should be "Thanagarian Warrior" and also with the stipulation of one you controll, which is missing in the original post. I don't think Hawkman should necessarily be a lower point cost than Hawkgirl. He should be slower but stronger, and that may end up with the same or higher cost.
Old July 25th, 2010, 09:12 PM
C3G's First Fan

I agree with the "you control" part, but thematically I just don't see any reason why random Thanagarian's death would motivate him, Hawkgirl's on the other hand I think makes perfect sense. Especially with the retconning that they have died and risen as lovers so many times as major characters.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old July 25th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Eternal Love Lost currently allows an Hawkman to attack one additional time even when his opponent's Hawkgirl is destroyed. I am not sure if I like that.

Last edited by Griffin; July 25th, 2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Wow I was neglectfully redundant... sorry

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library