Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old June 10th, 2021, 10:52 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 1] DIENEKES (Gideon Jura, Combat Mage) - Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
What do people think about limiting Tether to opponent's figures? It's the most natural use of the unit and reigns in his rather high potential (which I suspect will raise the unit's price if playtesters work to maximize Tether with friendlies).
This is the key, I think. The unit is more focused and true to its niche as a defender if Tether only works on opponents. Dienekes is probably going to be a drafting figure that you pick for certain situations rather than put in a tournament army, and I think that's a good thing. In the right scenarios, I already think that he'll be quite strong.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the friendly movements increased the price. Putting him on a hill with some ranged squads could be potent and potentially unfun to go against.
Old June 26th, 2021, 01:46 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

PTI, but I think that limiting Tether to opposing figures would be a very good change. I think that Dienekes is already going to be very strong in the right situation, and this helps us focus on his main niche rather than worry about him potentially also being usable for helping to pod ranged figures together on height or something.

I also think that that's the more intuitive use of the power based on the theme the card is presenting, which is worth noting. Obviously that doesn't have to stop us from baking in some other uses for a unit, but I think that the narrower focus suits the defender role really well, and the free movement for friendlies has the ability to drive up the price past what it would normally be.

Edit: I somehow missed that I had already posted about this over two weeks ago. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Astroking112; June 27th, 2021 at 12:06 AM.
Old June 26th, 2021, 02:20 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Agreed, if he pulled up fellow figures he’d be more of a combat leader/general.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs