Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 16th, 2014, 08:32 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Daughter has been on an Adam Sandler kick since she saw Blended. Its been Sandler movies for the last week.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Watched Frozen for the first time. It was just ok I thought. Don't get the hype, there are better Disney movies.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Spaceballs. Funny movie, but I'm disappointed that its Laserdisc sleeve doesn't say, "Spaceballs: The Laserdisc". I want to find a miniature Winnebago in the same scale as Star Wars X-Wing and proxy it as the Millennium Falcon.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Spaceballs. Funny movie, but I'm disappointed that its Laserdisc sleeve doesn't say, "Spaceballs: The Laserdisc". I want to find a miniature Winnebago in the same scale as Star Wars X-Wing and proxy it as the Millennium Falcon.
You mean like this? I can't take credit for it, but I remember seeing this image from a couple of years ago, and I'm pretty sure that's from our very own @peterparkerh

Edit: It is, and I found his post on Heroscapers!

In movie news, I saw Interstellar yesterday. I liked it, but it wasn't quite what I expected. Great visuals and all that, but ultimately, I preferred Big Hero 6.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by akden; November 18th, 2014 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Found it.
Old November 18th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Okay, I'm going to see if I my kids have an old Winnebago in their Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars. That is hilarious!
Old November 18th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Watched Frozen for the first time. It was just ok I thought. Don't get the hype, there are better Disney movies.
The hype was way over the top. I thought Tangled was much better, and it didn't have close to that much hype.
Old November 18th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
The hype was way over the top. I thought Tangled was much better, and it didn't have close to that much hype.
Don't think I've seen Tangled yet. I'll have to check that one out.

But I did really enjoy Frozen a lot. There was just something about it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 18th, 2014, 07:29 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I've gotta agree that Frozen was a bit underwhelming. Not to say that it wasn't a good movie, but it wasn't as spectacular as I'd been led to believe.

Tangled, however, was amazing. I think Tangled is the best (non-Pixar) Disney movie I've seen since The Lion King...or maybe Treasure Planet.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 18th, 2014, 07:39 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I've gotta agree that Frozen was a bit underwhelming. Not to say that it wasn't a good movie, but it wasn't as spectacular as I'd been led to believe.

Tangled, however, was amazing. I think Tangled is the best (non-Pixar) Disney movie I've seen since The Lion King...or maybe Treasure Planet.
Oh, Treasure Planet! I've been meaning to rewatch that (and a whole slew of other things, but that's top of the list along with the Iron Giant).

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old November 18th, 2014, 08:22 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

I think what made Frozen so special for so many was the degree of agency the heroines had and the way the story was about the love between the two sisters rather than about the love of a prince. The last part is what I liked so much about it.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 18th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought Frozen was a pretty good movie, but if people are seeing it after hearing so much about it, it's bound to disappoint. The soundtrack has been played to death, but hearing Indina Menzel sing "Let it Go" for the first time was a pretty stirring moment on the big screen.

I had to take my daughter and her friends to see it at least three times, and I still enjoyed it. Each time, I was impressed by how the movie sprung the climactic betrayal on the unsuspecting audience. It never failed to bring gasps to people who were seeing it for the first time.

And plus, I like warm hugs...
Old November 18th, 2014, 08:57 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
I thought Frozen was a pretty good movie, but if people are seeing it after hearing so much about it, it's bound to disappoint.
Very good point...to this day I don't see what everyone gushes over with Forest Gump because I had heard so much about how it was the best movie ever before I finally saw it and it seemed like a let down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies