Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 1st, 2010, 11:08 AM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AliasQTip's Exclusive Battlefields

I've seen the Fat Dragon Games stuff before, and I think they're great looking. I've been tempted to make some of my own things like that. I say, if you can't get your hands on the real thing then go for it. Besides, you can't beat the $4.99 price tag.
Old August 1st, 2010, 11:12 AM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
I've played a number of games on all of my maps. I don't release a map that hasn't had at least a handful of games on it and seems to be working well (unlike some other cartographers I know). I try very hard to get my scenarios to be both playable and fun. Long-Bridge and Secret Bases are among two of my most favorite maps and I highly recommend them. In addition to all the ones already mentioned above, I'll add three more for you, Killer Lawnmower:
Thanks! I might try Sujoah's Hive as well.
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 1st, 2010, 11:32 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I've seen the Fat Dragon Games stuff before, and I think they're great looking. I've been tempted to make some of my own things like that. I say, if you can't get your hands on the real thing then go for it. Besides, you can't beat the $4.99 price tag.
Reading into this I assume you haven't used the product yourself?

CRC
Old August 1st, 2010, 11:41 AM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Killer Lawnmower: Shame on you, Lawnmower. I'll take quality over quantity any day. I just found out recently that some of the highest contributing members (maps wise) have never constructed the majority of the maps they've uploaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnRedChops View Post
Nope - never bought any. The main reason I haven't is that I enjoy making map/scenarios that I can share. If the people I'm sharing with haven't purchased the Fat Dragon expansions, they'll be out of luck. Instead, I've created my own Adventure Packs, parts of which are included in my maps that require them.
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:09 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnRedChops View Post
Nope - never bought any. The main reason I haven't is that I enjoy making map/scenarios that I can share. If the people I'm sharing with haven't purchased the Fat Dragon expansions, they'll be out of luck. Instead, I've created my own Adventure Packs, parts of which are included in my maps that require them.
Fair enough, I can see how what you do is focussed around sharing.

As I've stated I love the quality and creativeness of your designs (and the price... lol).

3D cardstock terrain tiles are not amoung your works however, so I thought you might have picked Fat Dragon's up to compliment your other cardstock assets. Fair enough that you haven't. I think I'll pick it up, if you're interested I'll tell you how I go.

My current project is making Grishnakh's columns (well... a variation on Grishnakh's columns). Does that guy still visit the site, do you know?

CRC
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM

Here's a cheap papercraft version of the Grishnakh's columns for you. I didn't come up with this artwork. I'm not sure where I dug it up. It was so long ago but it has been very popular.
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:35 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I have:2 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 BftU, and 1 FotA and a single evergreen tree that I made.

Any recommendations AliasQTip?

Here's my favorites with the sets you own, flameslayer93:I must say, I'm a little envious. I wish I had two RotV. I could build some big stuff with that. They're very hard to come by. What's not too hard to come by is the Ticalla Jungle. I'm supprised neither you nor Tagawa has one of those. I've got a couple of nice maps that use the SotM Master Set along with one (or two) of the TJ.

As I mentioned before my website has a sortable list of all my maps to help you easily find the ones you can make with the sets you own. Check out the bottom of the Scenarios page. You can view the maps by mousing-over the name. Check it out.
Thanks for the suggestions!

I do wish I had Ticalla Jungle, but I don't shop online and even while it was in retail I never saw it(or any large expansions for that matter). Don't worry, I only get my 2 RotV's as gifts. I didn't buy them. Thanks again!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 11:11 AM

Zexion is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

AliasQTip, looks like you're the one to ask for map recommendations.

Care for 1 more?

I got 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 BftU and 2 FotA.
Old August 5th, 2010, 03:07 PM

Sorry, Zexion. I missed you post. You do realize I'm only recommending maps I've created, right? Most of my favorites that use those sets have already been mentioned. I recommend you check out the scenarios page of my HeroScape site for more maps. The listing is sortable by set so you can find ones that work with your collection. Enjoy.

A new Adventure Pack is now available! Check out this medieval cottage I created. Enjoy!

Papercraft Medieval Cottage
Old August 5th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Sorry, Zexion. I missed you post. You do realize I'm only recommending maps I've created, right? Most of my favorites that use those sets have already been mentioned. I recommend you check out the scenarios page of my HeroScape site for more maps. The listing is sortable by set so you can find ones that work with your collection. Enjoy.

A new Adventure Pack is now available! Check out this medieval cottage I created. Enjoy!

Papercraft Medieval Cottage
This looks great! Can't wait to print one out!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:38 PM

Also nice job! I note that if not using the transparancies for the windows, the cardstock windows could just be cut out, providing some LOS, whaddya think AliasQTip?

CRC
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:57 PM

Absolutely, CapnRedChops. I don't know if you'd want to go through all the trouble of cutting out the individual panes but cutting out the 3 windows on each side would work. Transparancies are hard to find and expensive when you do. I've recently run out of my supply so I've tried to make my AdvPacks not so dependent on them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios